So, how do you feel about the new look?

IMPERIUS

The new forum launched and its still a bit of a work in progress.

I just wanted to make this thread to ask the general community how they feel about the new look and feel of the forum based from what they have seen so far.

I kiiiinda like it, I was used to the old look so I still need some getting used to it but its ok I guess. 

One thing I really don't like is how big the post count number is on the main page, it actually looks bigger than the thread text. And I consider post count to not be such an important thing that needs such a big size

Your suggestions? Feedback?

edit: I think the white window is too big. Like a 1-line post takes up - imo- way to much vertical space

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I don't really like the profile page and the new rep system is meh... Everything else is fine.

I liked the most recent status up top and about me down the bottom (I don't want my posts to be on the top of my profile.) as well as the background instead of banner. At least let us tile the header like we used to be able to.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Bit all over the place really.

Should get used to it soon.

Bit of a learning curve. But the modern UI is nice.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

I like the new notifications.
Also how it auto hides parts of signatures that are more than 3 lines.

Other than that, the rest will take some time getting used to.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

if i know how change the theme to dark, im happy

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

Why "Posts" Is in so massive font size? It's completely irrelevant thing in day to day forum use, and it is distracting. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Within each topic, is it really necessary to have a member profile pic/name/title column taking up a significant portion of the page's width?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

3 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Why "Posts" Is in so massive font size? It's completely irrelevant thing in day to day forum use, and it is distracting. 

That'll be changed shortly

1 minute ago, EpicKneusje said:

if i know how change the theme to dark, im happy

Scroll to the bottom, then click "Theme"

1 minute ago, JuztBe said:

It's just an issue from the upgrade - should be fixed.

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

Within each topic, is it really necessary to have a member profile pic/name/title column taking up a significant portion of the page's width?

Yes, because you really do not want to have text that spans the whole screen. For good readability, lines should be limited to 150 characters (at a maximum, most argue close to 100 is best).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

3 minutes ago, ALwin said:

It doesn't take that much more space than the old forum did though?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

i dig it, have to get used to it but i like it.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

1 minute ago, Blade of Grass said:

Yes, because you really do not want to have text that spans the whole screen. For good readability, lines should be limited to 150 characters (at a maximum, most argue close to 100 is best).

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

It doesn't take that much more space than the old forum did though?

I looked at the stylesheet, it is set to a width of 200px. I don't mind that the profile pic appears larger next to each comment made in a topic, but I think 200px is a bit too wide.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

It's messy. Lots of wasted space on the sides. Lots of standalone boxes that really should be merged together (especially the thread posts). Also not at all in the LTT colors, but rather a dull grey (for day theme that is). Needs more orange. Also, the reply box really should be centered on the screen instead of bing offset to the left.

Ye ole' train

Untitled-1.jpg.4c75b2e0b8a38da2111b2a9b2

I'm talking about the width of this column I boxed in red, I feel it's too wide and space is wasted.

I just need too get used to it

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

recent topics should be only new topics

Not ones which have been recently posted on

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Just now, MLG Doge said:

recent topics should be only new topics

Not ones which have been recently posted on

It was fine in the Beta so I'm assuming its something that will sort itself out when the migration is 100% complete or it's something that broke in the process.

13 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

This x10000

posted a thread in forum suggestions, still seeing that news post by GG23 that I already read and have no intention to read again unlike happily reading new threads

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

It's pretty cool, but everything seems out of place. I also seem to be unsubscribed from my Build Logs, but maybe they just haven't posted.

I like the Dark Theme being integrated, though. I do not like the fact that the wallpapers were changed to a "header" on our profiles, and I do not like the fact that Member Titles no longer show up.

4 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

It's pretty cool, but everything seems out of place. I also seem to be unsubscribed from my Build Logs, but maybe they just haven't posted.

I like the Dark Theme being integrated, though. I do not like the fact that the wallpapers were changed to a "header" on our profiles, and I do not like the fact that Member Titles no longer show up.

Yeah,  why member titles were removed?
They were well implemented and I have not seen single title witch would be against CoC. 

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I like it so far, especially the night theme....but I don't like how the poster's info floats over the background without any form of border or separation. If there were a box around it or something, wouldn't look so weird. In fact, some other things float over nothing and it is just too distracting.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |