How do you become part of the Moderating Team?

VAkena

I definitely failed moderation school, i'm too much personality for moderating.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

the past is the past, so we learn from previous lessons and move forward on a

better path of community participation. upholding our Core Values is a major

condition for consideration:

Core Values

Generally speaking, as long as the following rules are met you should never find yourself subject to disciplinary action:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Ensure the privacy of our members and that of others.
  • Comply with both US and Canadian law
  • Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • No "Let Me Google That For You" style posts or demeaning posts targeted at anyone.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

the past is the past, so we learn from previous lessons and move forward on a

better path of community participation. upholding our Core Values is a major

condition for consideration:

I know nothing about Canadian law.

I can't be a mod... :(

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I honestly think I am among the more "mature" section of the community (usually), but I dont think I would want to be a fully fledged moderator. Takes a lot of responsibility and turnips. I think the "forum helper" thing would be doable though, I wonder if the new software will be able to do this.

SO, am I automatically DQ'ed for not following the CoC one time?

I'd imagine there's always room for forgiveness so long as you learn from the situations.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'm just too damn straight to the point and hard to budge too... unless you present hard fact and are good with words.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

You must sacrifice a Titan X 4-way SLI to the gods of overclocking.

Only 3 more to go.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

take your pants off

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

take your pants off

This is only the start of the whole proces.

This is only the start of the whole proces.

The rest is a "suprise"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The rest is a "suprise"

But don't get any hopes up now, it's not fit to be a Kinder 'surprise'

sacrifice part of your soul to the great lord Gaben.

I dont get paid enough to come up with this stuff. I dont even get paid at all!

Unlike the people who ported Arkham Knight though..

lol true

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

be able to disassemble a pogo stick with your right hand and change a cessna

150 front tire with the left hand only with playskool plastic tools while hanging

from a set of monkey bars. it took me all of three straight days, but i got er done.

being noticed for a friendly attitude, posting with maturity and responsibility, and

making decisions guided by the Code of Conduct.

oho god, plastic tools

not that the wheel is a problem

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I know nothing about Canadian law.

I can't be a mod... :(

Neither does many others from other countries. But there's usually some common sense applied. Usually its, "If you need to ask if something is allowed, it usually isn't" and so on. Most countries have similar laws. Exceptions are mainly about guns, drugs and piracy. All things you shouldn't even talk in these forums.

I honestly think I am among the more "mature" section of the community (usually), but I dont think I would want to be a fully fledged moderator. Takes a lot of responsibility and turnips. I think the "forum helper" thing would be doable though, I wonder if the new software will be able to do this.

Report function is basicly already like working as forum helper. That and just, you know, helping those who are asking the questions. Would you really need badge to show your position as forum helper? Kinda selfish and doesn't really make you become any more helpful.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Neither does many others from other countries. But there's usually some common sense applied. Usually its, "If you need to ask if something is allowed, it usually isn't" and so on. Most countries have similar laws. Exceptions are mainly about guns, drugs and piracy. All things you shouldn't even talk in these forums. Report function is basicly already like working as forum helper. That and just, you know, helping those who are asking the questions. Would you really need badge to show your position as forum helper? Kinda selfish and doesn't really make you become any more helpful.

I was referring to elevated abilities such as moving threads directly instesd of reporting it to be moved. I couldnt care less about the badge

You have to go to church twice a day everyday. Goodluck.

Sacrifice a schnitzel.

@looney

In reality though, you're asked if senior mods collectively agree that you'll be a good addition to the team and also if you're approved by Luke.

You need more mods. No I'm not asking to become one. I'm just saying you need more of them.

be able to disassemble a pogo stick with your right hand and change a cessna

150 front tire with the left hand only with playskool plastic tools while hanging

from a set of monkey bars. it took me all of three straight days, but i got er done.

being noticed for a friendly attitude, posting with maturity and responsibility, and

making decisions guided by the Code of Conduct.

Which is why i'll never been on the team :(

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I just slept with @MG2R and he then bribed the rest of the bunch to give me ban powers. Originally he wanted my PC as a bribe, but I'm too attached to that, so I had to resort to sexual favours.

I think. Memories from those days are a bit hazy to be honest.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

That reminds me... I didn't do Christmas in CH this year...

Indeed you did not. Although it wouldn't have been as much fun this year to be honest. No snow, and I was neck-deep in end-semester stress. I could have used some more of that Belgian brew though. :D Ah well, another time.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

• 9 months later...

One truth is the key to one hundred posts, and the end to one thousand trolls. Upon understanding the above does one gain the knowledge, if not the strength, to wield the powers of the Moderator. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…