Robot Wars... ...could TeamLTT enter?

sjcarter

Robot Wars, the 90s television show where homemade robots battle it out with each other & the professionally built ("house") robots, returns to the TV!

I wonder if TeamLTT could enter (maybe aim for the next series) and show us their efforts at building/testing along the way?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/robot-wars-returns

Admins: I see there's an off-topic thread about this, but thought it worthy of Tech News.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/526509-robot-wars-just-got-renewed/#entry6988667

You should probably format this to explain the article more. The suggestion for LTT to enter should be a side note, not the majority of the content.

In its current state, this isn't newsworthy. :P

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

They wouldn't know where to start. Some of them know how to code, but I don't think any of them know how to build the electronics.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They wouldn't know where to start. Some of them know how to code, but I don't think any of them know how to build the electronics.

lol exept taran the guy is in love with robotics

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

lol exept taran the guy is in love with robotics

did you ever see him build a robot from scratch?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

no

but I did, 2 yars in a row for competitions. and tbh its not that hard to do. (using vex for base control and then converting to 12v motors)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

no

but I did, 2 yars in a row for competitions. and tbh its not that hard to do. (using vex for base control and then converting to 12v motors)

fair enough, but building a robot that can compete in robot wars isn't quite the same thing.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

fair enough, but building a robot that can compete in robot wars isn't quite the same thing.

Or is it?

152.png

We briefly saw him program a robot IN scratch, does that count?

Another robot wars, great

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

We briefly saw him program a robot IN scratch, does that count?

code =/= build (legos don't count as building)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Sweet, Robot Wars is back on the telly?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Robot wars is the best

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This would be everyone's reaction if we tried to enter Robot Wars.

I think they could build a robot, but I am unsure if they could keep doing 1 video a day.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

They could enter but wouldn't win. Their robot would be rushed and put together poorly and then dismantled shortly after the video is done.