AMD have begun shipping Polaris GPUs - 2 different Polaris chips and 4 different GPUs spotted

Mr_Troll

I really hope those new AMD GPU's can do GTAV easily on 4k60 max settings including max advanced draw distance and grass on max.

So nVidia can fuck off with their pathetic high prices and gimping shit.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Yeah. We'll have to wait and see how many GPUs will be built on that architecture.

Yep. I was wrong about my previous comment of Polaris being only low end GPUs. I thought that because in the demo they were comparing to a 950 in terms of performance.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

I don't see the Fury(X) getting any better than they are now. AMD's current drivers are as good as they can get. They are badly designed cards with only 64 ROPs and inability to overclock. Dx12 doesn't even look like a saving grace for them since preliminary dx 12 benchmarks for Ashes of the Singularity and Fable Legends also show very little performance gains over the 390x, especially for the amount you pay for them. AMD dropped the ball on Fiji. I'm suspecting that HBM is the reason they're such bad overclockers, which is why I'm not as excited as everyone else for HBM2. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

I too am skeptical about HBM2 overclocking. I am still of the opinion that AMD will improve upon Fiji as time goes on. I think it has more capabilities than what's being shown thus far. It has its hardware limitations yes, but so does nVidia. I believe we'll be surprised what Fiji can do 1 or 2 years from now. Maybe not surprised but I have faith in saying Fiji is not near done. I just wish AMD would release a high-end product that delivers on the spot. If it matched, or exceeded nVidia's comparable product I'd be more than willing to buy an AMD card. I'll be the first to admit AMD simply makes better products outside of the 980 Ti. 980 too but then you have the Fury for $50 more, and 390X being ~ 60-70 bucks cheaper. Even though they're "refreshed," AMD did good performance wise and especially price wise. That's just IMO though as I'm sure others will disagree. 200-300 series are beasts. That's a legendary architecture right there that has stood the test of time. I still think it has a few more years or so out of it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

So we'll get the budget chips first supposedly right, let's hope they're better 750ti than the 750ti

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Says the man who's title literally is Intel/Nivida enthusiast. You don't come off as the most unbiased person you know.

I don't spread misinformation. If stating the truth is biased, that is not my problem. Perceiving a bias and understanding the truth are not mutual.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Wow, this thread is still being watched a lot, guess new gpu's get people really excited here.

EDIT: And of course Nvidia people have to shit on the parade again.

AMD deserves a chance, I have respect for AMD as they keep their heads up those years.

nVidia and Intel can both fuck off and take it each other in the butt.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I don't spread misinformation. If stating the truth is biased, that is not my problem. Perceiving a bias and understanding the truth are not mutual.

I was more of commenting on how you were talking was not coming off as unbiased, rather than if it was true or not. I'm fully aware that as of now, the only 980ti that the FuryX beats it's the ref. one.(according to what I can find) Just pointing out you aren't helping your case, especially when you say this:

Classic fanboy. Says the guy with a Radeon card avatar. lmao what a hoot.

And I'm still waiting on proof. Not a bunch of conjecture and hypotheticals. Just pure, solid proof.

when your title is Intel/NIVIDA enthusiast.

Has there been any word on when Polaris is coming? I think I saw something about 2 months until the first launches or something like that and mid 2016 for high end cards? 

Edit: might have been that the first prototypes were coming in 2 months? 

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

...1440p AMD pulls slightly ahead in nearly every price bracket and at 4k NVIDIA has no room. Fury X beats the 980ti fairly easily at 4k

1440p I'd say there's many AIB versions available that'll put their AMD counterparts to shame in the GTX 980 Ti/ Fury X bracket... and even at 4K.

Reference for reference I'd say you are basically correct.

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

Good. Something to notify us things are in good motion.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I was more of commenting on how you were talking was not coming off as unbiased, rather than if it was true or not. I'm fully aware that as of now, the only 980ti that the FuryX beats it's the ref. one.(according to what I can find) Just pointing out you aren't helping your case, especially when you say this:

when your title is Intel/NIVIDA enthusiast.

The guy claimed I was a fanboy of nVidia, which admittedly I am, but I still manage to be as objective as I can be. I pointed out the hypocrisy of him having a Radeon card as an avatar, which he also admitted of being a fanboy.

I'm an Intel and nVidia enthusiast simply because their products work without issue for me. But I don't go around parroting misinformation, and I try to be as subjective as I can be. I'm not a fanboy in the classic sense and belief that Intel and nVidia have superior products and AMD should never be considered. In fact, in my belief, AMD offers better products for price and performance outside of the 980 Ti and maybe the 950. And I recommend AMD products to people at certain price points and situations.

I'm my "own" fanboy because those are the companies I like but it doesn't cloud my judgement when it comes to recommending products from AMD. They make fantastic products, but there's nothing they have to offer me that exceeds what nVidia has to offer.

That is all.

no, that's not a mistake

Polaris is just a GPU, GPU that will probably arrive in two variants: PRO and XT - PRO being a cutdown version of the full chip, the XT

save this thread and put a reminder on it - we'll talk again in ~6+ months

over and out

This is straight out of AMD's Polaris Youtube Video description - "AMD is proud to introduce our revolutionary 14nm FinFET Polaris GPU architecture."

Polaris is the architecture. 

Greenland is the current codename for the flagship (although it may change - NOT to Polaris though, which I've clearly established for you is the architecture). Therefore, at this rate we will see Greenland XT and Greenland PRO etc etc. 

AMD has never called GCN by GCN 1.1, GCN 1.2 etc. Even looking through their "GCN 1.1" PDF which they actually call the "Sea Islands Series Instruction Set", the term "GCN 1.1" is nowhere to be found. They're calling the Polaris arch and its GPUs the 4th generation of GCN, therefore gaining the name GCN 4.0. I will admit that AMD themselves have yet to say the words GCN 4, but it's damn sure more obvious that that's what they're going for when they go about saying 4th gen GCN...

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Has there been any word on when Polaris is coming? I think I saw something about 2 months until the first launches or something like that and mid 2016 for high end cards?

Edit: might have been that the first prototypes were coming in 2 months?

AMDs slides say mid-2016. Whether they'll launch a full lineup then, or only a part of the new family with more cards coming later, is still subject to speculation.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Next Gen AMD cards:

• 14nm Finfet LPP (Low Power Plus) Glofo/Samsung
  • Architecture: Polaris (4th gen GCN)
  • Series: Arctic Island
  • GPU's (so far): Greenland (High end), Ellesmere and Baffin.

We know these chips are already being produced, so I guess we will see them within half a year, which seems to be the norm, once these cards start shipping internally.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Fury X beats the 980 Ti fairly easy. Lol

far from always....unless you mean reference

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

far from always....unless you mean reference

Why would reference and non-reference make a difference? Put either PCB under a water block and compare.

I also agree on another forum's general consensus that these are probably OEM/for laptops. I'd be surprised if they were desktop hardware, I guess, but the prices stated on those shipping orders make me believe they're not mobile/low power. I would think if they were mobile they'd either be cheaper or much more expensive, depending on which GPUs they're meant to be. It looks typical for desktop AMD based on the pictures,a but I'd have to go back at the older posts of shipping order posts / news to be sure.

They have always tried with their gpus and right now IMO they are doing a better job than Nvidia are.

Yeah, especially with mobile GPUs. :rolleyes:

For example they don't try to stop people from overclocking their mobile GPU and then pull a 360 after consumer backlash. Note its a 360 not a 180

Inb4 someone defends Nvidia like the sheep who defend Apple.

So only Apple has crazy fanboys? Have you ever stopped to look at yourself? Your blind fanboyism against Apple, I mean.

So only Apple has crazy fanboys? Have you ever stopped to look at yourself? Your blind fanboyism against Apple, I mean.

Why are you being so defensive and agressive?

Polaris is the code name for GCN 4.0.

That's not quite correct. Polaris is the umbrella name(as AT describe it)) for the IPs that go into the new AMD RTG GPUs,, one of them being the GCN gen. 4

You can see the different IPs that go into some of these chips here,

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1877668/

I don't see the Fury(X) getting any better than they are now. AMD's current drivers are as good as they can get. They are badly designed cards with only 64 ROPs and inability to overclock. Dx12 doesn't even look like a saving grace for them since preliminary dx 12 benchmarks for Ashes of the Singularity and Fable Legends also show very little performance gains over the 390x, especially for the amount you pay for them. AMD dropped the ball on Fiji. I'm suspecting that HBM is the reason they're such bad overclockers, which is why I'm not as excited as everyone else for HBM2. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Fury X will undoubtedly get better than now. GCN3 of Tonga was not the primary focus of software guys till Fury and even then the Mantle performance was not considered. It's reflected in lack of dx12 performance over 390X since dx12 is reskinned Mantle.

Also LOL at zmeul's obstinate refusal to listen to facts or logic.

AMDs slides say mid-2016. Whether they'll launch a full lineup then, or only a part of the new family with more cards coming later, is still subject to speculation.

It would make sense that they will produce the lower end cards at GlobalFoundries so they can release them earlier then if they made them at TSMC which will be swamped with Nvidia as well.

My guess is that they will release a lower end GPUs to showcase a new architecture and get some advantage in portable devices and at the later date they'll release high end stuff from TSMC who are used to producing GPUs that complex.