AMD have begun shipping Polaris GPUs - 2 different Polaris chips and 4 different GPUs spotted

Mr_Troll

Lol. Since you already "know" the Fury X will beat the Ti, i suppose you already have the proof to give me then. I'm not going to take your word for it. I want to see these "facts." I'll be waiting....

Fury X doesn't beat the 980Ti in Dx11 games most of the time. There is no reason for it to. The Fury X has such a low clock while the 980ti clocks to the moon. And the memory bus is useless in dx11. That's why Nvidia cards have a much smaller bus but perform well. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

That being said. Who knows how Fury X will do in the future. Look at the 780ti and 290x. 780ti used to crush. Now it doesn't stand a chance. But that's mainly Nvidia's fault and not Dx11 like with the Fury X. But still.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Is this the cards being shipped to vendors, or is it just internal?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

You're right. The issue with the 390x is that it has a built in TDP limit. Unlike the 290x which could clock to the next galaxy as long as you had good cooling(LN2). The 390x reaches its TDP limit even at low voltage increases(+100mv) which is required to get any good clocks. If you read the reviews you can see that the clocks reached are in the 1150-1200 range which is only a +70- +120 increase. And the performance increase in games isn't that much anyways. I get barely any performance increase with my 390x vs. My 290 when it was overclocked to 1165. Both Overclock.net and Reviews will agree that the 390x is an unhappy card with voltage overclocks. It's very sad that the high end AMD cards are very bad overclockers.

What res are you playing at? 390x and anything higher have diminishing returns at 1080p and only stetch their legs at 1440p.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

That being said. Who knows how Fury X will do in the future. Look at the 780ti and 290x. 780ti used to crush. Now it doesn't stand a chance. But that's mainly Nvidia's fault and not Dx11 like with the Fury X. But still.

True. 680 was faster than the 7970. Then 7970 GHz Ed happened.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Now lets hope Polaris whoops nvidias Ass lol, As you can tell I don't like NVIDIA. I don't like them as a company though products are good.

if Pascal doesnt support HDR, then any HDR monitor + AMD GPU will simply LOOK NOTABLY better.

it is that simple. the increase in color depth will be a huge difference in terms of picture quality

Lol. No. Just no. I pay as much attention as the next person yet I don't spread misinformation.

I was wondering why you're such an asshole towards AMD stuff, but I just read your Member Title.

I love AMD, but at least I'm honest about performance and if Nvidia makes a better card I'll admit it.

But the Fury X is now as fast or faster than a reference 980 Ti. The difference becomes greater with increasing resolution, as most AMD cards handle high resolutions much better than Nvidia cards.

AMD makes chips that have more raw performance than Nvidia, but are lacking the software department. They're still improving and the Fury X along with a lot of other chips AMD makes still have potential performance to be unlocked, unlike Nvidia.

Nvidia balances mediocre hardware (they cut performance for the sake of power efficiency) and good drivers.

I was wondering why you're such an asshole towards AMD stuff, but I just read your Member Title.

I love AMD, but at least I'm honest about performance and if Nvidia makes a better card I'll admit it.

But the Fury X is now as fast or faster than a reference 980 Ti. The difference becomes greater with increasing resolution, as most AMD cards handle high resolutions much better than Nvidia cards.

AMD makes chips that have more raw performance than Nvidia, but are lacking the software department. They're still improving and the Fury X along with a lot of other chips AMD makes still have potential performance to be unlocked, unlike Nvidia.

Nvidia balances mediocre hardware (they cut performance for the sake of power efficiency) and good drivers.

Honestly, laptop users have such a bad experience with drivers (remember when mobile drivers were killing displays on Dell machines? Or causing BSODs for 860M users?) and I actually think it'as bad as AMD were in 2009/2010

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Honestly, laptop users have such a bad experience with drivers (remember when mobile drivers were killing displays on Dell machines? Or causing BSODs for 860M users?) and I actually think it'as bad as AMD were in 2009/2010

Just a classic fan boy is all.

At least he asks for proof, but still.

Just a classic fan boy is all.

At least he asks for proof, but still.

I honestly wish laptop users got as much love as desktop users. I mean, if AMD drivers were killing laptop displays I'd be seeing them lynched but back then nobody even gave a shit.

I can confirm this is true. I haven't touched my laptop (ASUS w/ an 840m) software wise and GFX just doesn't work anymore. It won't even open half the time and when it does it crashes when I try to update the drivers.

Yeah I had to stop updating drivers for my 780 because performance got progressively worse with each update :^(

I make bad life decisions.

I can confirm this is true. I haven't touched my laptop (ASUS w/ an 840m) software wise and GFX just doesn't work anymore. It won't even open half the time and when it does it crashes when I try to update the drivers.

Yeah I had to stop updating drivers for my 780 because performance got progressively worse with each update :^(

Nvidia:

Marketing: "We have to sell more cards!"

Software team: "Cripple Kepler? OK!"

Nvidia:

If that was the plan they did a horrible job because the supposed "gimping" of Kepler only got more people to swear off NVIDIA rather than line up and buy a Maxwell GPU. Also, the whole thing about Kepler being "gimped" has been disproven so many times already that its really dishonest to just keep spreading it.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4370 (3.8GHz, 2C/4T) GPU: AMD R9 380X 4GB

If that was the plan they did a horrible job because the supposed "gimping" of Kepler only got more people to swear off NVIDIA rather than line up and buy a Maxwell GPU. Also, the whole thing about Kepler being "gimped" has been disproven so many times already that its really dishonest to just keep spreading it.

Nvidia:

Yeah

But in my experience it's more bad drivers just affect older cards more so.

I actually had much worse performance after updating drivers, something like described in this thread, except across all games.

It's not necessarily a direct nerf, but rather bad drivers.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/483200-nvidias-latest-driver-update-nerfed-my-gtx-780-kinda-have-proof/

Yeah

But in my experience it's more bad drivers just affect older cards more so.

I actually had much worse performance after updating drivers, something like described in this thread, except across all games.

It's not necessarily a direct nerf, but rather bad drivers.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/483200-nvidias-latest-driver-update-nerfed-my-gtx-780-kinda-have-proof/

Still, Nvidia and bad drivers should be mutually exclusive.....

It just wouldn't make sense for NVIDIA to intentially gimp Kepler. If they got caught, the least worst thing is that massive amounts of consumers won't buy their things for a very long time. The worst result is that they get sued and have to pay potentially billions of dollars. Seeing how everyone, their dogs, and their puppies got a GTX 900 series card, it wasn't exactly like NVIDIA was hurting for sales.

Still, Nvidia and bad drivers should be mutually exclusive.....

People used to rag hard on AMD for that, but there drivers haven't been bad for a while iirc.

It just wouldn't make sense for NVIDIA to intentially gimp Kepler. If they got caught, the least worst thing is that massive amounts of consumers won't buy their things for a very long time. The worst result is that they get sued and have to pay potentially billions of dollars. Seeing how everyone, their dogs, and their puppies got a GTX 900 series card, it wasn't exactly like NVIDIA was hurting for sales.

Yeah, not intentionally gimping per se (afawk) but because of their bad drivers very, very negatively affecting the performance of my 780 I will most likely never, ever buy an Nvidia product again.

That's fair. I don't mean to discredit your experience. I only had one problem with NVIDIA drivers, and that was when I updated to Windows 10 and GeForce Experience crapped the bed and my old Windows 8.1 drivers wouldn't uninstall via NVIDIA's driver handler so I had to use DDU. Was very annoying but somehow it worked out.

15.12 has been good to me so far. I like Crimson a lot and its definitely less intrusive/resource intensive than GFE.

Good, so we wont get rebrand-gate.

Rebranding happened because AMD didn't want to throw money at more 28nm chips. Just look at how 290X still keeps up with stuff like the 980. 980 destroys it in efficiency, but performance is the same.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

People used to rag hard on AMD for that, but there drivers haven't been bad for a while iirc.

Yeah, not intentionally gimping per se (afawk) but because of their bad drivers very, very negatively affecting the performance of my 780 I will most likely never, ever buy an Nvidia product again.

People are still banging the driver train

AMD had the Crimson drivers mess with fan speeds and gpu's were overheating. That's not good either.  That was recent.

I'm still using the game-ready GTAV driver for my 780.

It is probably the best driver, 350.12

I can't be fked as nVidia likes to cripple 700 series so to make people buy 900. Fuck that.

If Pascal or Polaris can't do 4k60 GTAV with maxed settings, then there is no reason for me to upgrade.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

AMD had the Crimson drivers mess with fan speeds and gpu's were overheating. That's not good either. That was recent.

its still new so give it some time to fix the bugs

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD