Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

What? In the ones I sent? They are in the title.

The 4 is a newer version. I dont know of any actual changes though... 

Title says Cherry MX, but not which one (Blue, Black, red etc.)

Probably an option to choose on purchase, Thanks again for linking them!

Edit: Looked up the model numbers, Black MX

Title says Cherry MX, but not which one (Blue, Black, red etc.)

Probably an option to choose on purchase, Thanks again for linking them!

Edit: Looked up the model numbers, Black MX

This one has the title of: Ducky Shine 4 Mechanical Keyboard Dual Blue / Red LED Black Cherry MX Switch - UK Layout

http://www.cclonline.com/product/169130/DKSH1408SD-AUKALAABR1/Keyboards/Ducky-Shine-4-Mechanical-Keyboard-Dual-Blue-/-Red-LED-Black-Cherry-MX-Switch-UK-Layout/KBD0914/

This one has the title of: Ducky Shine 4 Mechanical Keyboard Dual Blue / Red LED Black Cherry MX Switch - UK Layout

http://www.cclonline.com/product/169130/DKSH1408SD-AUKALAABR1/Keyboards/Ducky-Shine-4-Mechanical-Keyboard-Dual-Blue-/-Red-LED-Black-Cherry-MX-Switch-UK-Layout/KBD0914/

I will just bold what i think you are talking about in that

Have you seen the ducky shine 5?

10619893_871201006288328_536984831886080

Oh yeah, Corsair's monopoly is up now...

I'm not too fussed about backlighting (though I am getting a K95 RGB, but that's for the macro keys and because I like the design of Corsair's keyboards), but that's a nice board and it's good that we're finally seeing Cherry RGB switches in other places now. There's only so many 'knockoffs' that can be used (and most of them ARE since they use an almost-identical design; stuff like ALPS switches are designed differently) and some of them have doubtable quality.

Oh yeah, Corsair's monopoly is up now...

I'm not too fussed about backlighting (though I am getting a K95 RGB, but that's for the macro keys and because I like the design of Corsair's keyboards), but that's a nice board and it's good that we're finally seeing Cherry RGB switches in other places now. There's only so many 'knockoffs' that can be used (and most of them ARE since they use an almost-identical design; stuff like ALPS switches are designed differently) and some of them have doubtable quality.

I'm not a fan of backlighting keyboards either, but I think it's pretty cool that other manufacturers are adapting Cherry RGB switches into their product lineup now. 

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

I'm curious; whare are your guys' thoughts on the Asus Claymore? I personally like the design a lot. That aluminium case & plate seem rock solid and it's cool to seee the corsair rgb switches available on another product. The modular numpad is a blessing too for those (like me) who need a numpad sometimes but don't care for it being there all the time. Seems like it could make for better aesthetics than a separate dedicated numpad.

I'm curious; whare are your guys' thoughts on the Asus Claymore? I personally like the design a lot. That aluminium case & plate seem rock solid and it's cool to seee the corsair rgb switches available on another product. The modular numpad is a blessing too for those (like me) who need a numpad sometimes but don't care for it being there all the time. Seems like it could make for better aesthetics than a separate dedicated numpad.

The case looks like the Razer Blackwidow case and then raised the switches to look like Corsair making it look way to tall. The numpad is a novel idea but just using a regular detached tenkey board, that you move anywhere and customized they way you want it, is just better.

What would really matter is the cost and how usable that numpad is.

I was suppost to be studying but instead I was on my computer clacking away.. 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I have to make my post here.

First mech was a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate with Cherry MX Blues

Currently have a DasKeyboard with Cherry MX Reds

Also got in on the massdrop on the Ducky Shine 4 with clears and browns that completed today! Can't wait for that one to arrive!

I have to make my post here.

First mech was a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate with Cherry MX Blues

Currently have a DasKeyboard with Cherry MX Reds

Also got in on the massdrop on the Ducky Shine 4 with clears and browns that completed today! Can't wait for that one to arrive!

Starting to go on a spree there! xD

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Guys I am so done with Corsair's Keyboards.... I had a K70 non RGB version then I brought it to RMA to a RGB due to a large number of dead LEDs.... After with less then 3 months with my new RGB K70... My luck ran out yet again, weird performance of LED along with a dead LED. I think my RGB K70 it's time for another RMA... Guys, I'm going to upgrade my PC soon, should I go for Razer's Black widow instead? It seems their LED are way stabler...

Guys I am so done with Corsair's Keyboards.... I had a K70 non RGB version then I brought it to RMA to a RGB due to a large number of dead LEDs.... After with less then 3 months with my new RGB K70... My luck ran out yet again, weird performance of LED along with a dead LED. I think my RGB K70 it's time for another RMA... Guys, I'm going to upgrade my PC soon, should I go for Razer's Black widow instead? It seems their LED are way stabler...

back light may be better but the switches are not. maybe wait for the new ducky that will be rgb or one of the other keyboards that will be coming out with cherry rgb switches

back light may be better but the switches are not. maybe wait for the new ducky that will be rgb or one of the other keyboards that will be coming out with cherry rgb switches

Should I expect Asus's one will be slightly better?

I'm in the mechanical keyboard club in . . .  2 months because I bought my ducky shine 4 off massdrop and it's shipping late July . . . . Oh well.

Just finished building my new Keyboard! I am really loving this new keyboard! It is very loud compared to my other keyboard though!

18342824579_010e545ae3_z.jpg

GON60 Keyboard Build by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

18341232480_22c3e2bb6c_z.jpg

18502476456_658239f1f8_z.jpg

17906086214_15407ee8f6_z.jpg

18524283162_e8f4223f1e_z.jpg

18524210842_5ae69edd2c_z.jpg

Just finished building my new Keyboard! I am really loving this new keyboard! It is very loud compared to my other keyboard though!

needs a build thread!

looks nice how are you liking it overall?

needs a build thread!

looks nice how are you liking it overall?

Yeh, I can set one up. However it wont take that long to do... as I have only taking a few pictures.

I am liking it! I am getting used to not having the arrow keys and using the function key more often!

I'm either gonna get a ducky shine 4, or something like a cjheap filco or CM and get some nice white keycaps or whatever you guys suggest. Or I could build one myself

Which is best option for a UK resident?

I'm either gonna get a ducky shine 4, or something like a cjheap filco or CM and get some nice white keycaps or whatever you guys suggest. Or I could build one myself

Which is best option for a UK resident?

Depends on money, really. CM Storm stuff is readily available online and in some shops (though often in limited range, because UK PC shops are usually terrible and about 3 years out of date), but I don't know about Ducky. If you can get your hands on a DS4 then go for it (and I think they might come with PBT caps, though I'm not sure on that one). Often going on Massdrop and paying the shipping works out cheaper than a UK retailer. I did this for my K95 RGB and it came out as the same price as a K70 non-RGB on Amazon, including shipping. However I don't know whether I'll have to pay Customs anything when it gets here and I won't find out until a couple weeks after the 19th.

Depends on money, really. CM Storm stuff is readily available online and in some shops (though often in limited range, because UK PC shops are usually terrible and about 3 years out of date), but I don't know about Ducky. If you can get your hands on a DS4 then go for it (and I think they might come with PBT caps, though I'm not sure on that one). Often going on Massdrop and paying the shipping works out cheaper than a UK retailer. I did this for my K95 RGB and it came out as the same price as a K70 non-RGB on Amazon, including shipping. However I don't know whether I'll have to pay Customs anything when it gets here and I won't find out until a couple weeks after the 19th.

My budget is around £130 and I posted before in this thread and was linked to a UK retailer for ds3 and ds4. I was gonna get the 4, but now I'm thinking about getting a tkl and getting keycaps for it, or being adventurous and build my own if I can find the parts