Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

ok @CommonCurt I ordered from sprit but I still need to find clear switches somewhere since he didn't have any. I may just wait for mechanical keyboards since they said they would have some in the next month or so otherwise I may try to bribe @TheProfosist into selling me some but he has just as many as he needs for his projects on hand so i don't know how well that will work lol

Good deal :)   Did he have a PCB in stock?  I love his springs & gold stabilizers. He just needs to start selling metal plates.

If you get tired of waiting for mechanicalkeyboards you can either get a used board with clears from ebay (to salvage from), or you can just get tactile greys.

I got 62g tactile greys for my NerD60, and going to be putting 65g vintage blacks in my Sprit60.

Good deal :)   Did he have a PCB in stock?  I love his springs & gold stabilizers. He just needs to start selling metal plates.

If you get tired of waiting for mechanicalkeyboards you can either get a used board with clears from ebay, or you can just get tactile greys.

I got 62g tactile greys for my NerD60, and going to be putting 65g vintage blacks in my Sprit60.

I think he had them in stock but not really sure lol his invoice said (in stock), I also ordered some white leds, 65g springs and plate mount stabs I didn't opt for the gold wires. I need to find clear switches for it still. I will be getting a plate cut for it(hopefully I don't fuck that up and end up with expensive scrap) and I will make a case around that. I plan to sticker the clears and change the springs with the 65g springs I ordered. Sadly this keyboard isn't for me I'm making it for another forum member.

I have vintage blacks that I put clear springs in that I'm using in a keyboard I'm making for myself for mostly salvaged parts that I will need to make a case for. I may make it a sandwich style case to start but I think I want to make it look like a kishsaver keyboard with a small 4x3 numpad for it as well lol

B2ILj7m.jpg

an idea of what i want to do with a case for that

hv2nU8r.png

Got the switches in, waiting for my buddy's soldering iron to finish up :D

8NaxvMt.jpg

Got the switches in, waiting for my buddy's soldering iron to finish up :D

8NaxvMt.jpg
looks nice what is it? I thought it was an infinity 60% but now I'm not sure since the layout looks different.

looks nice what is it? I thought it was an infinity 60% but now I'm not sure since the layout looks different.

It is, but with the standard layout. I figured I'd have less difficulty searching for keycaps that way  :P 

It looks promising but I'm second-guessing the bent metal plate case choice :/ I'm kinda worried dust will get in there and short it someway

It is, but with the standard layout. I figured I'd have less difficulty searching for keycaps that way :P

It looks promising but I'm second-guessing the bent metal plate case choice :/ I'm kinda worried dust will get in there and short it someway

dust shouldnt really be a problem I ran a bent metal case for a few months 2 years ago and it was fine lol

UC1j9zB.jpg

it was hand wired and just had that controller zip tied to the matrix and even that was fine until i made a real case for it. used it like that for about 9 months with out problems

7K1Dm9H.jpg

Hey guys I'm getting a mechanical soon (moving from a logitech k120 so yay!). I need one with mx browns and preferably around 100 bucks with a 10 keyless and minimalist design. Can you suggest anything?

I know it's a sin (I'm finally joining the mech world with a K95 RGB w/ Browns when it arrives) but I really love the K120. Our school uses them on the new PCs and I honestly find it to be the best membrane I've typed on (especially in terms of tactility). And they're like £10.

I would suggest looking at the CM storm line. If you didn't want tkl I'd suggest the G710+ or possibly a non-RGB K70 depending what the current price is. Thing is most good tkl boards seem to be nearer $200.

Edit: Amazon are selling the Quickfire Rapid-I for $133.

17a4fa13e4.png

Though they kinda messed up the UK pricing of it :/ (works out over $300, which is Topre territory)

084428a97a.png

I know it's a sin (I'm finally joining the mech world with a K95 RGB w/ Browns when it arrives) but I really love the K120. Our school uses them on the new PCs and I honestly find it to be the best membrane I've typed on (especially in terms of tactility). And they're like £10.

I would suggest looking at the CM storm line. If you didn't want tkl I'd suggest the G710+ or possibly a non-RGB K70 depending what the current price is. Thing is most good tkl boards seem to be nearer $200.

Edit: Amazon are selling the Quickfire Rapid-I for $133.

17a4fa13e4.png

Though they kinda messed up the UK pricing of it :/ (works out over $300, which is Topre territory)

084428a97a.png

Thanks, but I ended up going against everything I've said, and I bought this one: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ducky-shine-4-special-community-edition 

hmmm . . . It's mx clears, not tenkeyless, its not really minimalist and wasn't under 100 bucks :D

Thanks, but I ended up going against everything I've said, and I bought this one: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ducky-shine-4-special-community-edition 

hmmm . . . It's mx clears, not tenkeyless, its not really minimalist and wasn't under 100 bucks :D

Good choice (I hope as I also bought one of them).

I prefer clears over browns. I am currently using a code til with clears and love it. Though I find my self missing the 10 key.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

I might buy another apple adjustable keyboard, for when mine dies.

I can get just the keyboard for 30$, im debating it....

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Good choice (I hope as I also bought one of them).

I prefer clears over browns. I am currently using a code til with clears and love it. Though I find my self missing the 10 key.

I was pretty set on browns until the color scheme of this won me over. How do the clears compare to browns?

I was pretty set on browns until the color scheme of this won me over. How do the clears compare to browns?

I believe I have heard people referred to browns as an abomination that should never have been made when compared to clears but that is normally from people that mod their switches with lighter springs.

Heavier and more tactile. I have large hands and am a heavy typer. Just resting my hands on browns would activate the switch at times. 

I have only used browns, clears and whites though. I do have a switch tester but not quite the same as using a full keyboard

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

Heavier and more tactile. I have large hands and am a heavy typer. Just resting my hands on browns would activate the switch at times.

I have only used browns, clears and whites though. I do have a switch tester but not quite the same as using a full keyboard

ya a switch tester may give you a general idea of what the switch is but you dont really know how it will feel until you type on a keyboard with the switches for a bit.

Good choice. I was tempted by Clears since I like how the Blues feel heavier than Browns (though it's like 5g or something), but I don't want the click out of courtesy to the rest of my family. I haven't tried Clears but the extra force would be nice as I'm fairly heavy-handed (side effect of being a pianist I guess - Yamaha grands are quite heavy compared to some). However I just can't resist the K95 RGB. Too good of a board and it matches my mouse and mousepad (reason why I bought the M95 over Logitech's MMO mouse or even the G502 was to match my eventual K95)

Yay, i can finally be a part of this club. I picked up the cm storm quickfire tk and so far i am loving it.

Who needs a computer when you have a toaster?

ok @CommonCurt I ordered from sprit but I still need to find clear switches somewhere since he didn't have any. I may just wait for mechanical keyboards since they said they would have some in the next month or so otherwise I may try to bribe @TheProfosist into selling me some but he has just as many as he needs for his projects on hand so i don't know how well that will work lol

I have literally just talked to GON, he has got the switches in stock now. Get in contact with him via his contact system on his website if you still want them. He is going to be posting some stuff out in two days time so he can create your order and have it shipped out in two days as he generally post things out every two weeks.

If you have any trouble getting hold of him, drop me a PM and I will try and get him on Skype.

I have literally just talked to GON, he has got the switches in stock now. Get in contact with him via his contact system on his website if you still want them. He is going to be posting some stuff out in two days time so he can create your order and have it shipped out in two days as he generally post things out every two weeks.

If you have any trouble getting hold of him, drop me a PM and I will try and get him on Skype.

too late i gave up on him. ordered a pcb from sprit on geekhack and switches from http://ortholinearkeyboards.com/

but thank you for asking for me.

I bought a K95 RGB with Cherry MX Browns, and from coming from a crappy membrane keyboard this thing is freaking awesome.

I love this keyboard, so pretty to look at in the dark.  

Good choice. I was tempted by Clears since I like how the Blues feel heavier than Browns (though it's like 5g or something), but I don't want the click out of courtesy to the rest of my family. I haven't tried Clears but the extra force would be nice as I'm fairly heavy-handed (side effect of being a pianist I guess - Yamaha grands are quite heavy compared to some). However I just can't resist the K95 RGB. Too good of a board and it matches my mouse and mousepad (reason why I bought the M95 over Logitech's MMO mouse or even the G502 was to match my eventual K95)

Have you seen the ducky shine 5?

10619893_871201006288328_536984831886080

Have you seen the ducky shine 5?

-clip-

Learning that I don't care about backlighting has saved me from buying so many different keyboards only differentiated by lighting schemes.

Learning that I don't care about backlighting has saved me from buying so many different keyboards only differentiated by lighting schemes.

I tend to find back lighting more annoying then helpful. Touch typing means I don't need it and all it ends up being is a night light in my room that I don't need or want

Hi,

I currently have an Alienwar TactX Keyboard and am looking to buy a proper mechanical keyboard. I was wondering if I could have some help :D.

I live in the UK, so finding stuff is hard. I was gonna buy a wasdkeyboard but shipping was too expensive. I was looking at getting a keyboard for around £100 - £130 GBP, full size, LEDs optional, with the ability to change key caps. It would be great if someone could find me a keycap seller too :D. As for the switch, I haven't decided yet, but have ordered a sampler to test them out. I will probably get cherry MX blacks.

Thanks,

Daanish

I currently have the CM quickfire pro red switches

but I feel that my keyboard is a little bit too high..

I like Cherry MX Browns.

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard Ram: Team Zeus Blue 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Display(s): Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK 68.5 CFM CPU Cooler Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX BrownMouse: Razer Deathadder Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit) PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker....aze101xx/saved/