Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

My budget is around £130 and I posted before in this thread and was linked to a UK retailer for ds3 and ds4. I was gonna get the 4, but now I'm thinking about getting a tkl and getting keycaps for it, or being adventurous and build my own if I can find the parts

its safe to assume that building one will cost far more then buying a keyboard

its safe to assume that building one will cost far more then buying a keyboard

Ok, forget that idea then xD.

It's just really hard to find keycaps in the UK, or really expensive to have them shipped from the USA. i will most likely end up with DS4 if I can't find an alternative

i've got a Corsair K65 RGB with sound dampening rings on the bottom of the keys.

Thinking about getting a WASD Keyboard again... Anyone know the import charge?

Not sure. Try emailing them though. If you aren't 100% sure with a keyboard, have a look on massdrop from time to time. They have some great stuff (I bought a ducky shine 4 with custom pbt keycaps not too long ago) the only problem is the shipping is usually pretty late. 

I have to make my post here.

First mech was a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate with Cherry MX Blues

Currently have a DasKeyboard with Cherry MX Reds

Also got in on the massdrop on the Ducky Shine 4 with clears and browns that completed today! Can't wait for that one to arrive!

I can't wait either, looks like we'll be waiting a while though haha

So I'm guessing I can never get alternate key caps for my apple adjustable keyboard due to the non standard alps stems?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So I'm guessing I can never get alternate key caps for my apple adjustable keyboard due to the non standard alps stems?

well you could maybe replace the switches with matias alps and get keycaps for it lol

well you could maybe replace the switches with matias alps and get keycaps for it lol

other than the space bar.

Yeah, I won't do that.

I'll keep it as is for now. If any keys other than my q die, I'll see what I can do to fix it. I think I might try and replace my q switch.

But I'm kinda scared to open it, there are so many parts

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

DS4 or CM Quickfire with custom / blank keycaps? (UK). Can't decide. I have found DS4 for sale in UK, but I havent looked for keycaps or CM

other than the space bar.

Yeah, I won't do that.

I'll keep it as is for now. If any keys other than my q die, I'll see what I can do to fix it. I think I might try and replace my q switch.

But I'm kinda scared to open it, there are so many parts

well you will never fix it then lol

What harm can come form working on something that is already broken lol

It's not that broken, I don't need q that much, when I need it, I just press q 2-5 times and it works.

I don't want to completely break it.

It's not that broken, I don't need q that much, when I need it, I just press q 2-5 times and it works.

I don't want to completely break it.

broken is broken lol

broken is broken lol

Yeah but it's still functional. I guess I should just aquire a new key switch and look up a guide and try it

Yeah but it's still functional. I guess I should just aquire a new key switch and look up a guide and try it

buy a second one in bad shape take a switch from it to replace your q key and then replace all the switches in the messed up one to matias alps lol

buy a second one in bad shape take a switch from it to replace your q key and then replace all the switches in the messed up one to matias alps lol

I think ill just get a num pad, and take the switch from it

I think ill just get a num pad, and take the switch from it

it will also let you have something to practice removing and replacing switches on if you don't care about the numpad if you do care about it more care is needed lol

broken is broken lol

it will also let you have something to practice removing and replacing switches on if you don't care about the numpad if you do care about it more care is needed lol

Right, i should probably practice before i completly break my keyboard. Im not that good of a solderer.

Aslo, why does every single one of your posts end in lol?

Right, i should probably practice before i completly break my keyboard. Im not that good of a solderer.

Aslo, why does every single one of your posts end in lol?

bad habit I have had and known about since the the late 90s with using aim where I use "lol" as punctuation. I have known that I do it for years but still do it with out noticing.

I also use it as a generic response to people to indicate that i read what they said. I really need to just set something up to auto replace "lol" with "."

bad habit I have had and known about since the the late 90s with using aim where I use "lol" as punctuation. I have known that I do it for years but still do it with out noticing.

I also use it as a generic response to people to indicate that i read what they said. I really need to just set something up to auto replace "lol" with "."

Ah, good ole AIM :)

Hi, I'm in the market for a new Keyboard about the price range of $79.99 and I have been looking at the Corsair Raptor K50 keyboard but I'm not sure if I should purchase it or look for a mechanical keyboard for and equavalent price. I hope to game on this keyboard as well as type out projects as I am currently in University. Does anyone have any advice for my situation? Thank You :)

Hi everyone. I am interested in a simple plain good TKL keyboard with mx blacks. I have the kul es87 and ducky shine 3 easy available here. Which one would you guys pick?

I don't really need the backlighting. The kul es 87 is pretty expensive here though. 150 euro for KUL vs 120 euro for the ducky shine 3.

Hi, I'm in the market for a new Keyboard about the price range of $79.99 and I have been looking at the Corsair Raptor K50 keyboard but I'm not sure if I should purchase it or look for a mechanical keyboard for and equavalent price. I hope to game on this keyboard as well as type out projects as I am currently in University. Does anyone have any advice for my situation? Thank You :)

A CM Storm Quickfire Rapid. I think it's like 10 dollars more, but a mechanical keyboard is worlds better than any membrane or rubber dome "equivalent"