Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
Hi, I'm in the market for a new Keyboard about the price range of $79.99 and I have been looking at the Corsair Raptor K50 keyboard but I'm not sure if I should purchase it or look for a mechanical keyboard for and equavalent price. I hope to game on this keyboard as well as type out projects as I am currently in University. Does anyone have any advice for my situation? Thank You :)[\quote]

My best advice would be to get a switch tester first to be real sure of what suits you best if you've never tried mechanical switches before. Either that or go to your local computer store and test the keyboards there. I thought browns were best for me and ended up very disappointed and built one with greens & whites

Just ordered my Ducky Shine 4 w/ Black Cherry MX! Should come on the 18th, the day my exams finished. I could have gotten it earlier, but it's nice to have something to look forward to  :D

ok @CommonCurt I ordered from sprit but I still need to find clear switches somewhere since he didn't have any. I may just wait for mechanical keyboards since they said they would have some in the next month or so otherwise I may try to bribe @TheProfosist into selling me some but he has just as many as he needs for his projects on hand so i don't know how well that will work lol

Yep like exactly enough. I better not F'up.

Das Professional 4 with "Clicky" Cherry MX Blue switches

post-233696-0-74826800-1434067013_thumb.

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

Das Professional 4 with "Clicky" Cherry MX Blue switches

When did you get it? It is a really nice keyboard.

Hi.

When did you get it? It is a really nice keyboard.

Thnx. Amazon for $169+tax - great build Q and perfect tactile/noise for coding/writing

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

Guys, on the fence here. Great deal for a ducky shine 3 with mx blacks and green leds. 100 euro, so tempting!! But I already have a ducky mini with reds...

Guys, on the fence here. Great deal for a ducky shine 3 with mx blacks and green leds. 100 euro, so tempting!! But I already have a ducky mini with reds...

Blacks?  Ugh...

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Blacks?  Ugh...

My main keyboard uses cherry mx black switches and I love them

I also have a keyboard with blues and my numpad has greens I love the feel of them but clicking is annoying lol

I also have a keyboard with blues and my numpad has greens I love the feel of them but clicking is annoying lol

I hate blacks. (that sounds bad, i mean the keyswitches)

But everyone has their own opinion.

I like my switches :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I hate blacks. (that sounds bad, i mean the keyswitches)

But everyone has their own opinion.

I like my switches :)

every time I see people talking about cherry mx black switches it tends to read as slightly raciest when they write short quick responses anyways.

every time I see people talking about cherry mx black switches it tends to read as slightly raciest when they write short quick responses anyways.

Yeah. I guess the same could be said for whites, but it doesnt sound as bad, and they are alot more rare.

My main reason for not liking Cherry MX blacks is they are just to heavy for me?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah. I guess the same could be said for whites, but it doesnt sound as bad, and they are alot more rare.

My main reason for not liking Cherry MX blacks is they are just to heavy for me?

lol I don't really have the problem I'm actually putting mx clear springs into vintage mx black switches that make them a little heavier overall

The reason of why I don't like them is because they are made for "gaming", and I hear that they are very heavy, making them hard to type on.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

lol I don't really have the problem I'm actually putting mx clear springs into vintage mx black switches that make them a little heavier overall

Yeah, everyone has their own opinions.

I type heavily and bottom out all switches, but don't like heavy switches.

I like my Alps skfs

The reason of why I don't like them is because they are made for "gaming", and I hear that they are very heavy, making them hard to type on.

The "they are made for gaming" is just marking bullshit I have cherry mx black switched from 1985 in front of me so try saying they were for gaming lol.

I tried Cherry mx blacks in a computer shop...my fingers did not like them at all.

Hi.

I tried Cherry mx blacks in a computer shop...my fingers did not like them at all.

Then why did you like Charger's post?

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Then why did you like Charger's post?

Because I hate the "made for gaming" marketing bullshit.

Hi.

Because I hate the "made for gaming" marketing bullshit.

Yes I agree with this.

Personally I see no benefits in gaming gear.

My only "gaming" product is my mouse, which is the only "gaming" item I would get (but other mice such as MX master are good)

That's why I use a 1998 apple adjustable keyboard and have a nice 5.1 home theater system (not a "gaming" 5.1 system)

Yes I agree with this.

Personally I see no benefits in gaming gear.

My only "gaming" product is my mouse, which is the only "gaming" item I would get (but other mice such as MX master are good)

That's why I use a 1998 apple adjustable keyboard and have a nice 5.1 home theater system (not a "gaming" 5.1 system)

you could use a keyboard that doesn't do key blocking in the gaming side of the keyboard but that even includeds the $9 logitech keyboard

you could use a keyboard that doesn't do key blocking in the gaming side of the keyboard but that even includeds the $9 logitech keyboard

Sure, but IMO I don't need that.

I never mash my keyboard.

My only problem is if I do accidentally mash it with my arm or something It spits out characters until I un plug it and re plug it in.

But that's not the point, any modern thing won't do that, doesn't have to be gaming.

But I honestly don't need that. I just don't mash my key board.

Sure, but IMO I don't need that.

I never mash my keyboard.

My only problem is if I do accidentally mash it with my arm or something It spits out characters until I un plug it and re plug it in.

But that's not the point, any modern thing won't do that, doesn't have to be gaming.

But I honestly don't need that. I just don't mash my key board.

my parts keyboard that I made my keyboard out of I couldn't use aw, as, wd or sd together it would only let me walk in one direction at a time in game lol

my parts keyboard that I made my keyboard out of I couldn't use aw, as, wd or sd together it would only let me walk in one direction at a time in game lol

Ah well mine I can use wasd zone fine so I'm good.

Ducky Shine 4 just arrived :D. Typing on it feeeeeeeeelssss greeeaaatttt. I wish I could do it for evveeerrrr :DDDDD. Only thing that feels weird is that the shift key bottoms out quicker than expected and the spacebar sounds squishy, but it isn't :D

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/HQ3ey