[update]Steam has been compromised - SOLVED

Misanthrope
Go to solution Solved by Nowak,

A Steam community moderator has spoken up.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/0/458604254431478327/

From the post:

Some frequently asked questions:

- No, Steam is not hacked

- Creditcard info and phone numbers are, as required by law, censored and not visible to users

I think it's down now??

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

SHUT IT DOWN BEFORE IT GET TOO OUT OF CONTROL

I emailed the guy whose account i'm in to tell him that i am not going to touch it.

GG

Do NOT attempt to unlink PayPal, remove your credit card details or anything else. Doing so will put you at risk instead.

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

Noticed this earlier when I was having issues with the steam app. Kinda surprised servers are still online with this kind of a problem.

Yay steam!

Blarg

ok, looks like the stopped access to the store and other steam account url's

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

holy shit

Is this on Steam, or on PayPal? (unlinking)

You can cancel pre-approved payments with paypal via paypal's account settings, which should provide some protection for you.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Finally they took the servers down im getting a  error message

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

GG volvo, you just rekt every pc gamer on earth with this fuck up, take it down for as long as possible or this is going to turn into the greatest fuck up since psn got destroyed and stood down for over a month, i hope my account didn't end up with a asshole ttrying to do shit just because, then again i don't have cc or paypal linked and only 2 cents in my wallet.

Also they should give everyone something for fucking up this bad (and I'm totally saying that because i got shit for Christmas and i want rocket league...)

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Steam store servers are down. (Source: steamstat.us)

#SteamUserRoulette2015

I successfully hacked 127.0.0.1! Now I cant turn on my computer :/

6700K - z170 Pro Gaming - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - WD Black 1TB - WD Green 3TB - External Hard drive 3TB - Zotac GTX 970 Amp! Core Edition - Fractal Define R5 - RM650 - Razer BW Chroma - Roccat Tyon Lasermouse

GG volvo, you just rekt every pc gamer on earth with this fuck up, take it down for as long as possible or this is going to turn into the greatest fuck up since psn got destroyed and stood down for over a month, i hope my account didn't end up with a asshole ttrying to do shit just because, then again i don't have cc or paypal linked and only 2 cents in my wallet.

Also they should give everyone something for fucking up this bad (and I'm totally saying that because i got shit for Christmas and i want rocket league...)

$100 and fallout 4

also store is down client and website

At least they can't play my games and get me VAC banned.

They don't know my CCV and I unlinked PayPal from my PayPal account so no one is buying anything on my account.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

top of my wishlist would be a goddamn thorough report on exactly what has/could have been viewed and changed by unauthorized parties.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Guess I'll play some battlefront and hope for the best. Good thing I literally just opted into the mobile authenticator and such yesterday!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

SteamDB (not Valve) saying it's not a security breach, but instead an error on the rampage... 

(doesn't excuse the fact people have access to other people's details)

Guess I'll play some battlefront and hope for the best. Good thing I literally just opted into the mobile authenticator and such yesterday!

Actually, the issue is such that random people might have access to your phone number, and everything that entails....yeah pretty damn fucking bad that it has that in fact.

-------

Current Rig

-------

SteamDB (not Valve) saying it's not a security breach, but instead an error on the rampage... 

(doesn't excuse the fact people have access to other people's details)

yup. the other major thread about this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/512790-what-is-happening-with-steam-the-awnser/

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.