$10,000 Dream Setup Live Build

:)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Fucked up with the GPU's so bad lmao

Also is it me or does that PSU look sexy af.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

HYPE!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I loved the GPU mismatch, didn't get to watch the entire stream as I was at work.

I built this while watching part of the stream (sorry for bad quality One M8 has poopy camera)

CWy09BtU8AASzCx.jpg

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

The only thing you messed up was the cooler. A 212 EVO cooling a X99 processor in a $10,000 "Dream Build"? Get real. IF you have that much money to spend on a build, why not spend a bit more and at least get a 120mm AIO

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

The only thing you messed up was the cooler. A 212 EVO cooling a X99 processor in a $10,000 "Dream Build"? Get real. IF you have that much money to spend on a build, why not spend a bit more and at least get a 120mm AIO

Linus mentions in the video that they ordered a Noctua cooler - the 212 EVO was sent in error.

Am I the only one here who couldn't justify spending more than $3500 on the rig alone?

No. I can't either, spending more than that is just for enthusiasts.

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

OHHH BOY

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Linus mentions in the video that they ordered a Noctua cooler - the 212 EVO was sent in error.

Ah, I must of not been listening closely enough. At least he gets a good cooler in the end.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Ah, I must of not been listening closely enough. At least he gets a good cooler in the end.

That's okay.  Linus can put one of his higher end coolers in the rig and keep the 212 EVO in the office for testing... you know, since they never have one to test with :P

Am I the only one here who couldn't justify spending more than $3500 on the rig alone?

No, you're not the only one.

The diminishing returns alone is beyond ridiculous. If someone wants to justify spending over 3k on a rig; more power to them. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

No, you're not the only one.

The diminishing returns alone is beyond ridiculous. If someone wants to justify spending over 3k on a rig; more power to them. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

I mean I couldn't justify spending more than $5700 on an entire setup. I don't understand the people who buy $10k rigs alone without accessories accounted for.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I am at the installation of said 212... don't need instructions... hmmm... I don't think Linus has it in him.  I hated mounting that thing.  I give it a minute before he looks at the instructions.  :P

Edit:  Well, he lasted a good 2-4 minutes =D.

A Noctua NH-U14S would be awesome here.

wow. a 10k budget and a Hyper 212 Evo.....

SMH.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

wow. a 10k budget and a Hyper 212 Evo.....

SMH.

I doubt the Xeon will run past 3GHz, the EVO is fine actually.

I doubt the Xeon will run past 3GHz, the EVO is fine actually.

and a Xeon too. I would've personally gone with a 5960x...

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

and a Xeon too. I would've personally gone with a 5960x...

But 12 cores!  24 threads!  10K budget, might have gone dual Xeons actually.  :lol:

Imagine 1 computer, three gamers.  Oh wait, only two GPUs =/

I was hoping you would start doing some of these.

Could we talk about live streaming? I contract as technical director for Google in Mountain View with their live streamed events. I'd love to help with any issues you're having, as a long time fan/viewer.

Hey great vid just wanted to know, if its not invading the winners privacy, I would really love to know what he did with the other 6 or 7 thousand that wasn't spent on the build.  And just an afterthought is there a reason you guys didn't go for watercooling? Was just curious

Hey great vid just wanted to know, if its not invading the winners privacy, I would really love to know what he did with the other 6 or 7 thousand that wasn't spent on the build.  And just an afterthought is there a reason you guys didn't go for watercooling? Was just curious

According to YouTube comments, the winner got other misc. things like a laptop and camera.

With a 10K budget, the least you could do is put in a custom water loop. Or matching graphics cards in quad SLI/crossfire. Kind of made me sad to see the potential go to waste on a laptop and various other things.

Spoiler