[SPOILERS]SW: The force Awakens discussion

Not_Sean

I quite enjoyed the part right after Rey escapes, and Kylo finds her cell empty, and is going ape shit, and the 2 stormtroopers are on a patrol and hear him losing it, and just kinda hesitate and then turn around lol. They know when to be somewhere else.

Or the one where he finds out that BB-8 escaped. He doesn't just force choke the guy. He force pulls him to do it himself xD

Forgot to add that i want my own BB-8 now. The entire design made me laugh

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I wanna know who that old bloke is at the start who gives Po the data chip. Kinda hoping if was someone from Rebels - seems most likely it'd be Ezra.
Also rather hope the Ray is just an extremely force sensitive kid with no other links to Luke and the like, I feel it'd be a bit too incestuous if it was all one family battling each other.

Kylo's name being Ben made me happy inside, even if its not a reference to 'old Ben Kenobi' it made me smile even if he is an evil bastard.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

I honestly could only find one fault with the new film an that was Kylo was a fuck boy, other than that, best star wars film ever. Really loved the film I watched it on a 3D IMAX screen and my jaw dropped at how good all the CGI and actual effects where done, the 3D was subtle and not in your face, all the music, characters and even the plot was great imo.

If you can honestly sit there and say it was shit then stop breathing my air, I'm sorry but it was a good film, and no I won't back up why I make that statement any further, I went to watch that film with a no bullshit clear mind leave my shit at the door mentality and came out thoroughly satisfied that I got what I paid for aka A FUCKING AWESOME FILM.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Got out of the theater about an hour ago and i have to say i really enjoyed it.

Apart from having to wear both 3d glasses and my own prescription glasses.

Han dying was spoiled to me before i watched it. By some jackass on this very forum.

But even so it stung a lot to see it. But chewie being a badass made up for it.

I feel like the movie is supposed to be (Apart from setting up the new story) a sendoff to the older generation.

Where they start passing the torch to the new actors.

And i thought they did well.

Starkiller base will hopefully be the failure that makes the empire realize that it plain doesn't work.

The lightsabre fights were my favorite part. Short, Brutal and intense. Instead of all the jumping and flailing of the prequels

Or the "Poke and swing" fighting style from the original trilogy.

Kylo was my personal favorite out of the new characters. His emotions are struggling to take over and that short temper

Is what makes most of his scenes pretty tense (and funny at times)

And the stormtrooper with the electric baton/tonfa thing was epic.

9/10. Would watch it again a couple of times.

Seeing "Directed by JJ. Abrams" was a bit jarring. I'm used to it saying "Directed by George Lucas"

Lol that feeling with the glasses, my friend asked me what I was going to do and all I did was put them over my glasses, sat there rather well.

Personally I found kylo to be cool the first half and whiney the second half, also his design was yuck, it was clearly a Emo version of Anakin. Unless brainwashed in the next movie he won't get far with that mental Instability.

As for the fights, it was weird. A sith apprentice who can't beat two amateurs, arguable the girl did tap Into the force to Win but Finn? Dang he held out rather well for a non jedi Ex stormtrooper.

The death of solo was supposed to fix the light/dark issue wasn't it? So doubt his sloppy skills was related to that. The wound? Maybe.

And yeah that stormtrooper with that electric Tonfa was cool.

Lol that feeling with the glasses, my friend asked me what I was going to do and all I did was put them over my glasses, sat there rather well.

Personally I found kylo to be cool the first half and whiney the second half, also his design was yuck, it was clearly a Emo version of Anakin. Unless brainwashed in the next movie he won't get far with that mental Instability.

As for the fights, it was weird. A sith apprentice who can't beat two amateurs, arguable the girl did tap Into the force to Win but Finn? Dang he held out rather well for a non jedi Ex stormtrooper.

The death of solo was supposed to fix the light/dark issue wasn't it? So doubt his sloppy skills was related to that. The wound? Maybe.

Kylo seemed like he was desperate to please snoke. While still being conflicted by his family history

Kylos wound was probably pretty extensive. Chewies blaster Bowcaster was shown to send people flying earlier in the movie.

Not entirely sure how finn held his own against him. Desperation and good reflexes maybe? 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Kylo seemed like he was desperate to please snoke. While still being conflicted by his family history

Kylos wound was probably pretty extensive. Chewies blaster was shown to send people flying earlier in the movie.

Not entirely sure how finn held his own against him. Desperation and good reflexes maybe?

Maybe the fight with the Tonfa trooper made him good? :P

Maybe the fight with the Tonfa trooper made him good? :P

The tonfa trooper could probably have kicked kylos arse even  :lol:

The wound, unfinished training, rusty after a long time of no saber duels. Rey was still OP though

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

The wound, unfinished training, rusty after a long time of no saber duels. Rey was still OP though

I guess, I think op is abit incorrect.

She clearly taped into the force and that empowered her, maybe even somehow thought her how to wield a saber better. Her poke attacks might just be her style, she did use a staff before after all.

Who needs Jedi pilots when we have Poe Dameron.

Chewbacca all alone with the Millennium Falcon now since Rey is off with Luke.

Well I guess there's R2-D2 for company.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I wanna know who that old bloke is at the start who gives Po the data chip. Kinda hoping if was someone from Rebels - seems most likely it'd be Ezra.

Also rather hope the Ray is just an extremely force sensitive kid with no other links to Luke and the like, I feel it'd be a bit too incestuous if it was all one family battling each other.

Kylo's name being Ben made me happy inside, even if its not a reference to 'old Ben Kenobi' it made me smile even if he is an evil bastard.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lor_San_Tekka

The guy is supposedly a member of the "Church of the Force", which are loosely affiliated with, and/or somewhat worship the Jedi/Force.

We know next to nothing about him. I imagine that he must have been important to Luke to have that map with him. I hope we get some additional exposition about him, perhaps some flashbacks or something.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I saw it 3 day's ago on the pre-release or whatever it was. I did the marathon that led up the new one, and it also was the first time I ever have watched Star Wars. I already knew the story of course though, and the new movie was pretty great.

The best scene was the thumbs up one in between Fin and BB8.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lor_San_Tekka

The guy is supposedly a member of the "Church of the Force", which are loosely affiliated with, and/or somewhat worship the Jedi/Force.

We know next to nothing about him. I imagine that he must have been important to Luke to have that map with him. I hope we get some additional exposition about him, perhaps some flashbacks or something.

Damn... Thats kind of not what I was expecting. Perhaps they'll be killing off the Rebels crew. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Just watched force awakens, IMMA tell you that...... It's... So.... Shit... Like absolute crap. I mean it's just episode 3 & 4 all over again. lots of easter egg though. 3 pony / 5 centaur.... And mark Hamill doesn't do shit, like you're on the top cast list you should've done something remarkable in that movie rather than just standing aroung looking at rey holding your saber (sex jokes anyone?) like a dumbass. And kylo Ren is waaaaaaaaaaaay to handsome and amateur how could he trusted to lead the first order? I know technically this admiral guy that looks like a Dutch fucks is the one who is giving orders but seriously guys??? And that line "I will finish what you have started" underline the word "finish". How could you finish something when you haven't done shit, all you did was raging freezing blaster projectile in place (which I really like), asking for guidance, and get rekt by a jakku-nian (is that the correct word to say this guy is from jakku?)? Technically who finish Vader's job is that admiral guy 3 handsome 5 u when he blew up the planet where the republic hide(which is equally awesome as that freezing stuff). Hmmm what I realised that I spoiled some of the story but I'm going to pretend like you all have watched it. But hey that's just my opinion all of you guys could have different opinions still 3 pony/5 centaur. Oh and one more thing Phasma is nothing she only appeared for a few seconds and she was captured by FN-2187

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

Second issue: Horrible acting

The worst actress in the movie was actually Carrie Fisher.

What a weak ass reaction when she learned Han Solo died.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Why are you calling people scrubs? What a bizarre way to write.

I just copy that thing from my rant to my friends, and I called em scrubs cause they haven't watched episode 1-6. I forgot to edit it. And I know you guys are not one of them

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

Rey's actor was a bit crap, but apart from that, very good.

He was wounded pretty heavily by Chewbacca they showed his blood dripping on the snow and he was hitting the wound like every 30 seconds in the fight.

The Finn fight was a bit weird but Rey made sense to me.

She was fighting bad ass right at the beginning of the movie when Finn saw her for the first time so she already knew how to fight.

And her force powers seemed to be very strong almost like Anikan they hinted at it in subtle ways throughout the movie.

I thought the movie was great I really need to watch it again I feel like I missed tons of details.

The only thing that kind of bothered me was that they blew up the Starkiller base.

RTX2070OC 

He was wounded pretty heavily by Chewbacca they showed his blood dripping on the snow and he was hitting the wound like every 30 seconds in the fight.

The Finn fight was a bit weird but Rey made sense to me.

She was fighting bad ass right at the beginning of the movie when Finn saw her for the first time so she already knew how to fight.

And her force powers seemed to be very strong almost like Anikan they hinted at it in subtle ways throughout the movie.

I thought the movie was great I really need to watch it again I feel like I missed tons of details.

The only thing that kind of bothered me was that they blew up the Starkiller base.

I assume Kylo was hitting his wound to produce pain (Which can fuel the darkside) and more importantly, to produce adrenaline, to keep him going during the extended fight.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I assume Kylo was hitting his wound to produce pain (Which can fuel the darkside) and more importantly, to produce adrenaline, to keep him going during the extended fight.

And possibly. To produce acute and sharp pain. Making the dull ache of the wound seem less intense. 

(Weird but it works)

Was told about this back when i did martial arts. Also had the added benefit of making your opponent think you're mental

you mean Episode IV 2.0?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)