[SPOILERS]SW: The force Awakens discussion

Not_Sean

Hey guys, 

SO only keep reading if you have watched the movie. 

IF YOU HAVE NOT. DO NOT KEEP SCROLLING DOWN. 

NO SERIOUSLY DON'T DO IT. ITS A AMAZING MOVIE AND YOU NEED TO GO WATCH IT. 

My thoughts:

Watched it last night,

I did feel like it was two movies though. The first half was AMAZING!!  honestly, The characters the fights the worlds. All really beautifully done ! 

The kylo ren stuff was also awesome. 

The second half did let down a bit as i felt I'd kinda seen it before and the Main Person dying. It got very predictable. also Who the fuck gave the green light for Death Star MK3 ? this never worked ! ! Seriously, Didn't like that at all. 

BUT! 

it doesn't make it a bad movie at all or a let down, just got me super super excited for the next one as this one tied over from 6 to 7 beautifully now the next one can be completely fresh. 

that been said I do wish we got a bit more back story on whats happening in the universe. I felt a bit lost on who was in control how big is the new order, how far is their influence and who exactly hologram guy on chair was and what exactly made him a badass.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I felt that Kylo Ren's voice could definitely do with a dose of evil, he sounds a bit like a wuss at times.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I felt that Kylo Ren's voice could definitely do with a dose of evil, he sounds a bit like a wuss at times.

I agree, Also I don't know why he took off the mask in front of Reyn it made it when he took it off for Han so pointless. You defused the whole revile 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I am guessing the chair-hologram new order guy is like some Extremely  bad-ass jedi gone sith guy. Still wondering why they didn't already destroy the resilience base the first chance they had.

I think they did his voice on purpose. He is like an angry kid that can't control his emotions when he's destroying things because everything is not going according to his plan so maybe this is him being "young, not fully evil". At the end Snoke says it is time for Ren ti finish his training, so my guess is he's gonna be more of a true (adult like) villain after he finished his training. Emotion control and all, maybe thy even change his voice.

Also I think his voice with the mask is quite good.  :ph34r:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I am guessing the chair-hologram new order guy is like some Extremely  bad-ass jedi gone sith guy. Still wondering why they didn't already destroy the resilience base the first chance they had.

Guess they going for the same approach as the original's. We didn't know much about the Emperor in the original ether. I do wish we just knew how powerful the order is, like was that their only planet,  who was the Republic and how powerful were they, till the 5 planets went pop. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

Just watched it 30 minutes ago, and it's worth every single cent for my movie tickets (and they are quite expensive FYI), even though the last part is somewhat similar to A New Hope

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Just watched it 30 minutes ago, and it's worth every single cent for my movie tickets (and they are quite expensive FYI), even though the last part is somewhat similar to A New Hope

All I'm saying is I CANNOT WAIT FOR A LARGE SCALE FLEET ENGAGEMENT!

I want to see Mon Cal's and ISD's broadsiding each other, in modern, CGI glory (I'm talking BSG or better levels of CGI space combat effects - just... less shaky cam :P BSG had too much of that).

Hell, I want to see what kind of Destroyers and Battlecruisers the Republic has been making over the last 30 years. Have they continued building Mon Cal cruisers? Did they start building specific purpose Mon Cal warships? Do they also have more traditional Destroyers?

But we likely won't see that until Ep 9. I'm hoping we'll see a sneak peek at this kind of stuff in Ep 8 though.

Also, I want to see Luke being a badass Jedi that can literally destroy the fuck out of bad guys. IMO he looks fantastic as the older Jedi Hermit That Is Emotional Conflicted Yet Still Radiates Badassery™.

As for Ep 7. I watched it last night. It was great. Not perfect - nothing ever is - but a very solid addition. The action was exciting and tense. I felt like Poe showing up and still being alive was not bad, but they could have given it more than 5 seconds of dialogue - like how the fuck did he get back to the Resistance Base? Did he just Collect Call Leia and be like "Yo I need a ride"?

I saw Han dying about 20 minutes before it happened. As soon as we knew that he was going to confront Kylo, I knew he was fucked. Also, I love that Kylo is named Ben. That was good. Also, I totally called Kylo being Han's son a few months ago. Glad that particular theory turned out correct.

Also, who the fuck is Rey? Is she just some random Force Sensitive kid who's parents abandoned her and/or died? Or is she somehow Luke's daughter? Because that Force Vision she had with Luke/Anakin's Lightsaber seemed to indicate that she was destined to have that lightsaber, and that there might be a deeper connection to Luke.

I did not like how vague they set the political scene. I gather that the Republic is largely in control of the galaxy now - likely the core and mid-rim worlds, but the First Order (the remnants of the Empire) are becoming an important galactic power - they might only have a small territory though (speculation).

I also assume that the Knights of Ren are the fallen students of Luke Skywalker, that Kylo/Ben corrupted - possibly with assistance from Lord Snoke dude.

I was very intrigued by the intuitive way that both Fin and Rey were able to use the Lightsaber. It does make some sense though:

1. Fin was trained since childhood to be a cold-hearted killing machine. He's been raised since he can remember to be a soldier. As such, he's likely proficient in multiple forms of hand-to-hand combat, and martial arts using melee weapons - we also see that Stormtrooper he battles using a force-pike-like stun baton.

2. Ren is already shown to be proficient in combat with her Staff. That skill can be transferred to using a Lightsaber.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I thought it was a solid film. I think with the amount of baggage Star Wars has at this point, especially with regards to the prequels, J.J. Abrams made about as good a film as he could have done. It very much mirrors A New Hope (his favorite film in the series). It comes across mostly as a homage to the original, but at times verges on being a little too derivative, the third act blowing up the Death Star MK 3 nudged it too far in that direction.

On the whole though, the tone of the film was great, the new characters were great, Finn, Rey, Poe, all excellent. There was a bit of a nod to the cheesy dialogue we've seen in previous Star Wars, but on the whole the characters were well realized and believable. Kylo Ren, I'm undecided on. While in general I liked the character, he felt a bit teenage angst for me. Also he gets his ass handed to him by a "force noob", and only some convenient "ex machina" saved his ass. 

Thankfully It blows away the prequels, but it doesn't come close to the originals for me. The only analogy I can think of. It's more like a great band releasing a 7th studio album that sticks to what made them great in the first place, but will never have the impact of when I heard their first couple of Albums. But I'm glad they're back on form, making good music again.

I thought it was a solid film. I think with the amount of baggage Star Wars has at this point, especially with regards to the prequels, J.J. Abrams made about as good a film as he could have done. It very much mirrors A New Hope (his favorite film in the series). It comes across mostly as a homage to the original, but at times verges on being a little too derivative, the third act blowing up the Death Star MK 3 nudged it too far in that direction.

On the whole though, the tone of the film was great, the new characters were great, Finn, Rey, Poe, all excellent. There was a bit of a nod to the cheesy dialogue we've seen in previous Star Wars, but on the whole the characters were well realized and believable. Kylo Ren, I'm undecided on. While in general I liked the character, he felt a bit teenage angst for me. Also he gets his ass handed to him by a "force noob", and only some convenient "ex machina" saved his ass. 

Thankfully It blows away the prequels, but it doesn't come close to the originals for me. The only analogy I can think of. It's more like a great band releasing a 7th studio album that sticks to what made them great in the first place, but will never have the impact of when I heard their first couple of Albums. But I'm glad they're back on form, making good music again.

As to Rey defeating Kylo:

You have to keep in mind two things:

1. He was incredibly emotionally unstable at this point, with both dark and light conflicting through him uncontrollably (Though I think it's safe to say dark was winning by a huge degree).

2. He was pretty seriously wounded already. Chewie shot him with his Bowcaster - the same weapon that is shown to literally blast enemies feet into the air in that same movie, that can create fairly huge explosions if it hits the ground, creating area of effect splash damage.

Kylo was hurt. Bad. It was his sheer power and intensity in the force that allowed him to be combat capable at all after being shot by Chewie.

Also, there's some speculation that Rey has some previous training in the force, and was mind wiped by Luke to protect her. Furthermore, she is already shown as a capable fighter with the staff earlier in the film.

We also don't really know how much training Kylo ever received - both as a Jedi Padawan, and as a Dark Side Apprentice. His fall to the dark side could have happened quite some time ago.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As to Rey defeating Kylo:

You have to keep in mind two things:

1. He was incredibly emotionally unstable at this point, with both dark and light conflicting through him uncontrollably (Though I think it's safe to say dark was winning by a huge degree).

2. He was pretty seriously wounded already. Chewie shot him with his Bowcaster - the same weapon that is shown to literally blast enemies feet into the air in that same movie, that can create fairly huge explosions if it hits the ground, creating area of effect splash damage.

Kylo was hurt. Bad. It was his sheer power and intensity in the force that allowed him to be combat capable at all after being shot by Chewie.

Also, there's some speculation that Rey has some previous training in the force, and was mind wiped by Luke to protect her. Furthermore, she is already shown as a capable fighter with the staff earlier in the film.

We also don't really know how much training Kylo ever received - both as a Jedi Padawan, and as a Dark Side Apprentice. His fall to the dark side could have happened quite some time ago.

I get the justification for it within the film. I made similar comments to my friends afterwards. Yet, I think they exposed a vulnerable side too early. Darth Vader looked unstoppable in episode 4. By comparison, Kylo Ren looks like a teenage kid, with anger issues and daddy problems. Who can't even handle a storm trooper with light saber, let alone an untrained Jedi (even if he is injured). If he is to be the main antagonist throughout the trilogy, which the  ground parting ex machina and "complete his training" dialogue suggests. Then I think they weakened him too soon. We all know he's gonna lose, the payoff is greater if we think the odds are stacked.

As for the previous training. I can only take the film as is, and that was not suggested, so it's pretty much rumor at this point. Either way the initial impression of Kylo Ren remains the same, the audience believes Rey is untrained, and she beats his ass.

Edit: Ofc like you say these issues can and probably will be resolved in the next films. Kylo Ren will probably become a lot more powerful, and we're likely to get a lot more information regarding Rey (she's probably Luke's daughter, right?). We'll probably find out that Kylo was holding back, and there is some history between the two of them. 

Ok, I just got back from the cinema, and unsurprisingly (I really haven't liked movies or TV at all ever) I thought it was a piece of garbage.

First Issue: No plot originality. People get this confused with "paying homage"... paying homage would be a small reference or something, not copy-pasting the entire script of A New Hope. start with a "nobody" in a desert,  they find and hide information, gets captured, gets rescued, planet destroyed, kill the shields, kill the death star. I really couldn't see any part of the plot that wasn't largely copied from A New Hope.

Second issue: Horrible acting & character development. I forgot her name already, she was so generic, I'll just call her Lara Croft because that's kind of what she looked like. So this chick essentially spends the whole movie being indecisive and whining, minus the battle scene at the end. Within 5 minutes of Lara's introduction, I was already hoping she'd die off soon. I really hope she won't be the main character in all the new movies. In some parts, she kind of looked like she was generally uninterested in whatever was going on.  Also horrible: Since when was Severus Snape a sith lord? This kid looks like he's barely out of high school and continually acts like a spoiled child, throwing temper tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. From my understanding, sith channel their hate to increase their power, not use their hate to recklessly destroy stuff every time they get mad. It also felt like they only had a few returning people, plus the about 4 new characters, and the rest of the people just felt like a bunch of useless extras that had no purpose other than to die in the excessively large and frequent explosions. 

Tertiary issue: Bad set design. In the original star wars films, the sets felt like a place that was real: somewhere where you could actually go and visit. In this movie, I felt like the majority of the movie took place in either some random constantly changing wilderness (continually changing the setting makes it difficult to properly visualize and understand what's going on), or in a really long dark hallway type place. There was just about zero continuity between sets - they just "got there" between each scene. 

Quaternary issue: Bad props. First off, why is Luke's lightsaber kept in some weird medieval dungeon with wooden boxes, and if I remember correctly, weren't there candles in there? You would have never seen that in the original films. If you want to create an appearance of age, then put a lot of scrap and decrepit robots in a locked off room chamber. Also, was it just me, or did some background props look like straight-up painted Styrofoam? 

Quinary issue: Predictability. I was next to my sister in the theater, and I made my predictions to her. I was able to predict Han solo dying (~3 minutes before), a third death star (at least 30 minutes before), and Lara being jedi (~10 minutes before), plus some smaller ones, like the whole "force summon lightsaber in the snow" thing.

Overall, I was not expecting much to start. I figured Disney would make some kind of alternate plot, and although I might not like some parts, I would have at least appreciated the originality. But instead, they took my relatively low expectations and completely failed to even approach them. I was expecting for it to be an above average movie, but probably a bad star wars movie compared to the others - especially the original trilogy. Instead, it was a pretty bad movie, but it was an absolutely atrocious star wars movie.

Also, consider this: If this had been a standalone movie, in a different universe with different props but essentially the same plot, how would you rate it? Would it actually be as good as it is now, or is the majority of your hype coming off the fact that it's star wars?

I'm gonna get yelled at so much. #unpopularopinion

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

All I know is... Kylo stopped a blaster bolt mid air with the force.  That's a new one.

Which is super duper BS right there... I know that physics don't matter much in movies, but straight up stopping a beam of massless particles midair... that is so far from reality, you may as well confuse gravity and gravy.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Which is super duper BS right there... I know that physics don't matter much in movies, but straight up stopping a beam of massless particles midair... that is so far from reality, you may as well confuse gravity and gravy.

The force works in mysterious ways, who is to say it can't stop pure energy? I think that part was actually a good decision, since many Sith have something unique going for them. A new ability makes it a form of a trademark. And shooting bolts out of your hands is more believable right?   

@dalekphalm

Since they used the son card which was meant for Jacen, I have a feeling Ren might be his sister. They dumped her on the planet to protect her or something loke that. Or something very similar to that. I remember when we talked about him being Hans son. We nailed that one. 

And Luke is a pure badass Jedi, he might've as well lost a few kilograms. Not sure how agile he is with that belly and a lightsaber. Ok that's really nitpicking. 

The questions that bother me. If the republic is alive and all is well, why do they need the resistance? Why doesn't the republic do anything about first order since it's that big? Why do they have to form the resistance? I mean Leia and others have literally started the republic.

How come they didn't notice the DS mk3? No one found out about that? Really? It's not really a secret location.

What are the odds of Han and Chewie being there to intercept the Falcon? The ship is so famous I'm sure someone would have noticed it on Jakku as well. 

Who are the first order? Where did they come from? At least a 3 min explanation on what happened after Ep VI. Don't leave that for Ep VIII when you tell us who Snoke is. 3 min would've been enough.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Since when have physics mattered much when it came to Jedi? More believable that a person can leap dozens of feet into the air? Can levitate objects and throw them? Can shoot literal lighting out of their hands, etc? I agree with @Bouzoo - I thought that was a cool touch - showing a new and possibly terrifying power. Besides, the Force is supposed to be the energy that binds the universe together, after all.

The force works in mysterious ways, who is to say it can't stop pure energy? I think that part was actually a good decision, since many Sith have something unique going for them. A new ability makes it a form of a trademark. And shooting bolts out of your hands is more believable right?   

@dalekphalm

Since they used the son card which was meant for Jacen, I have a feeling Ren might be his sister. They dumped her on the planet to protect her or something loke that. Or something very similar to that. I remember when we talked about him being Hans son. We nailed that one. 

And Luke is a pure badass Jedi, he might've as well lost a few kilograms. Not sure how agile he is with that belly and a lightsaber. Ok that's really nitpicking. 

The questions that bother me. If the republic is alive and all is well, why do they need the resistance? Why doesn't the republic do anything about first order since it's that big? Why do they have to form the resistance? I mean Leia and others have literally started the republic.

How come they didn't notice the DS mk3? No one found out about that? Really? It's not really a secret location.

What are the odds of Han and Chewie being there to intercept the Falcon? The ship is so famous I'm sure someone would have noticed it on Jakku as well. 

Who are the first order? Where did they come from? At least a 3 min explanation on what happened after Ep VI. Don't leave that for Ep VIII when you tell us who Snoke is. 3 min would've been enough.

As for the Sister thing - I highly disagree - it would actually not make sense for Kylo and Ren to be sisters. Especially when we are specifically given the reveal about Kylo being Ben Solo. Ren meets her Father AND Mother, and neither say (Oh btw, you're our Daughter - we sent you off to protect you, but since you found your way out here, there's literally no reason to hide that from you anymore).

At least with her being Luke's daughter, there's more reason for Han and Leia to keep that secret still - since it's not really their call to tell her. I'd be disappointed if Rey turned out to be a Solo, unless they somehow made the reveal really well, and it made sense. I'm betting, all in, that she's Luke's kid.

As for all the rest of your questions - I had a similar gripe. FYI, the "new" Canon answers a lot of those questions - most especially from a couple recent books - Aftermath being the biggest one.

After the Battle of Endor, the Empire was still largely in control of the galaxy, and they made a move to consolidate the remaining power, and released propoganda that said Vader and the Emperor were both still alive, and even claimed that the Rebellion was completely destroyed. That victory celebration at the end of the SE:RotJ on Coruscant was brutally ended by Police shooting into the crowds of celebrators. The Rebels then immediate counter-acted by sending a Holonet transmission from Leia and Ackbar, telling the truth about Endor.

After that, the empire started to devolve into bitter infighting as each Moff, Admiral, etc, vied for power. The Alliance quickly renamed itself the Republic, with their new capital on Chandrilla - which is Mon Mothma's homeworld, FYI, as it was still free from the Empire - They then scored a huge number of victories, and quickly started to take control of the Galaxy. Both Naboo and Coruscant were both eventually liberated. Eventually the empire tried to consolidate the rest of their power above one planet: Jakku - including most of the remaining Imperial Navy, and the last remaining Super Star Destroyer - the Ravager - and a sleuth of ISD's. The planet was worthless and had no tactical value, but the Empire wanted to score a decisive victory against the Republic, which they hoped would turn the tide back in their favour.

It was a disaster. The Republic threw everything they had at Jakku, and the imperial forces were crushed utterly. The Ravager was destroyed, and at least one ISD - the Inflictor, was crashed into the surface by the Captain, rather than have the Republic capture it (That's the crashed ISD wreckage you see in Ep 7).

After that happened, the remaining Imperial forces basically retreated into the Outer Rim, and reformed into The First Order - they also immediately signed a peace treaty (More like a Cease Fire to be honest) with the Republic.

The whole "resistance" thing is still a little confusing, but my theory is this: This is a group of Republic military stationed inside The outer rim, inside First Order territory, that are acting to try and further destabilize the First Order, since they know sooner or later, the First Order will strike again.

All in all, the movie really could have included more Backstory, to fill in all the gaps that you would already know if you had read the books. But guess what? Most movie goers - hell, even most Star Wars fans - haven't, and won't, read the books.

It's way too easy to type Ren instead of Rey.

That alone at the very least sells me on the fact the two are related. Haha.

It's way too easy to type Ren instead of Rey.

That alone at the very least sells me on the fact the two are related. Haha.

I agree, I don't know how many times I've accidentally typed "Ren" and had to go "wait... *deletes "n"* ... there we go".

I DO think they are related, but as cousins, not siblings :P

#lukesdaughter

zoooom

I think JJ took how the movies goes thru  too much from Episode IV and VI -> Character without knowing is a jedi, gets hunted by the "empire", escapes with the millenium falcon, owner of the falcon gets into trouble, they go to a "rebel" base, launch an attack with a small squad of X-wings and again a "death star 3.0" and destroy a very obvious weakspot xD, main character dies (in Episode VII, its Han instead of Obi), also tryying to convince the main villain to switch sides thru talk

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I think JJ took how the movies goes thru  too much from Episode IV and VI -> Character without knowing is a jedi, gets hunted by the "empire", escapes with the millenium falcon, owner of the falcon gets into trouble, they go to a "rebel" base, launch an attack with a small squad of X-wings and again a "death star 3.0" and destroy a very obvious weakspot xD, main character dies (in Episode VII, its Han instead of Obi), also tryying to convince the main villain to switch sides thru talk

I don't mind at all. The plot still makes sense as a new story, despite having heavily reused several plot points from previous movies. I think it set up Episode 8 nicely, where we'll start to see a much larger divergence with the plot, and we'll dive more deeply into current affairs.

I agree, I don't know how many times I've accidentally typed "Ren" and had to go "wait... *deletes "n"* ... there we go".

I DO think they are related, but as cousins, not siblings :P

#lukesdaughter

i don and i hope not, that would be too boring, if not generic, There are no hints of her being his Kid either. 

"She got the force" is not a good enough reason.

I Think she is just a poor kid that got sold off.

Sure there is the cellar scene with Lukes lightsaber but eeehh....no.

Who would be the mother?

post-119212-0-28983400-1450644993_thumb.

It's a great remake of SW IV, really love the new actors (they are amazing!) and the fact the main charachter is a girl. Giving the stormtroopers a face and emotions was a fantastic idea too.

I'm a bit afraid they made Rey OP and Kylo Ren not powerful/evil enough though (but on the other hand, him being attracted to the Light side is interesting from a psychological point of view).

I did not like how vague they set the political scene.

The prequels featured waaaaaaaaaay too much politics, be careful what you wish for.

I don't mind at all. The plot still makes sense as a new story, despite having heavily reused several plot points from previous movies. I think it set up Episode 8 nicely, where we'll start to see a much larger divergence with the plot, and we'll dive more deeply into current affairs.

I'm not so sure. We already know one part of ep. 8 will be the same as ep. 5

V: Luke gets trained by Yoda

VIII: Rey gets trained by Luke

I think they will continue to mirror the original trilogy. I don't mind though, the new charachters are great (Rey, Finn and BB-8 especially) and I love the increased 'psychological insight' we get compared to the previous movies.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

I haven't watched it yet. I just plain never was interested in star wars. Not saying it's a bad movie tho.

That's my OPINION

Pro Budget Gamer (thats not a thing)

Got out of the theater about an hour ago and i have to say i really enjoyed it.

Apart from having to wear both 3d glasses and my own prescription glasses.

Han dying was spoiled to me before i watched it. By some jackass on this very forum.

But even so it stung a lot to see it. But chewie being a badass made up for it.

I feel like the movie is supposed to be (Apart from setting up the new story) a sendoff to the older generation.

Where they start passing the torch to the new actors.

And i thought they did well. 

Starkiller base will hopefully be the failure that makes the empire realize that it plain doesn't work. 

The lightsabre fights were my favorite part. Short, Brutal and intense. Instead of all the jumping and flailing of the prequels

Or the "Poke and swing" fighting style from the original trilogy. 

Kylo was my personal favorite out of the new characters. His emotions are struggling to take over and that short temper

Is what makes most of his scenes pretty tense (and funny at times) 

And the stormtrooper with the electric baton/tonfa thing was epic. 

9/10. Would watch it again a couple of times. 

Seeing "Directed by JJ. Abrams" was a bit jarring. I'm used to it saying "Directed by George Lucas"

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Got out of the theater about an hour ago and i have to say i really enjoyed it.

Apart from having to wear both 3d glasses and my own prescription glasses.

Han dying was spoiled to me before i watched it. By some jackass on this very forum.

But even so it stung a lot to see it. But chewie being a badass made up for it.

I feel like the movie is supposed to be (Apart from setting up the new story) a sendoff to the older generation.

Where they start passing the torch to the new actors.

And i thought they did well. 

Starkiller base will hopefully be the failure that makes the empire realize that it plain doesn't work. 

The lightsabre fights were my favorite part. Short, Brutal and intense. Instead of all the jumping and flailing of the prequels

Or the "Poke and swing" fighting style from the original trilogy. 

Kylo was my personal favorite out of the new characters. His emotions are struggling to take over and that short temper

Is what makes most of his scenes pretty tense (and funny at times) 

And the stormtrooper with the electric baton/tonfa thing was epic. 

9/10. Would watch it again a couple of times. 

Seeing "Directed by JJ. Abrams" was a bit jarring. I'm used to it saying "Directed by George Lucas"

I quite enjoyed the part right after Rey escapes, and Kylo finds her cell empty, and is going ape shit, and the 2 stormtroopers are on a patrol and hear him losing it, and just kinda hesitate and then turn around lol. They know when to be somewhere else.