How do you fund your computer component purchases?

pspfreak

I'm just curious. I have to save up for the most part, but I am working now so that helps me. 

And i hate you if you are a 13 year old with a i7 2011 cpu and sli titan x's, because you got that from your parents and are probably spoiled. /endrant

saving up it all + money from job

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I'm just curious. I have to save up for the most part, but I am working now so that helps me. 

And i hate you if you are a 13 year old with a i7 2011 cpu and sli titan x's, because you got that from your parents and are probably spoiled. /endrant

I do PC building for others as well as a small amount of coding for website templates, etc...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

pimpin 

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I work 20ish hours a week on top of school and extra curricular activities as a fry cook and I have to put most of my money towards my college fund or car insurance- the money I have afterwards is dived up between food, girlfriend, and computer parts.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I work 20ish hours a week on top of school and extra curricular activities as a fry cook and I have to put most of my money towards my college fund or car insurance- the money I have afterwards is dived up between food, girlfriend, and computer parts.

ditch the girlfriend...girls cost to much to keep around   :lol:

I'm 12 and I own a custom loop cooled i7-5820K + GTX 970 system. /s

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Parents

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I do things for money

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I play on my phone while pretending to be productive 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

ditch the girlfriend...girls cost to much to keep around   :lol:

She likes gaming and PC's- gotta keep her around.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

you slut :o

Doing things for money is also the definition of a job

But your mind went somewhere else

97c1d06b29ddbf3a06150b4f9f4b0aee38258628

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Doing things for money is also the definition of a job

But your mind went somewhere else

you made it too easy

I'm 10 year old with a i7 5960x @ 4.5 Ghz and titan x in quad sli! It runs Minecraft very well.

Just kidding, I work 20-ish hours a week on top of school and just squirrel away the cash. I also have a seasonal referee job that pays nicely in the Spring and Fall. Being able to work 30-40 hours a week over breaks in my other job helps too. :P

you made it too easy

Well.. It was a trap  :ph34r:

im 13...

$$$YOUTUBE MONEYS$$$

not much though

most of my upgrades are for aesthetics, which usually doesnt cost too much

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I sell wire wrapped jewelry at craft fairs. Laugh if you want, but i made $180 last fair. Completely sold out.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

IT work, system design and diagnostics and data recovery.  Pays very well when I get work

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)