How do you fund your computer component purchases?

pspfreak

I have a good job.  

That being said I am also a practice person.  So a lga 2011 i7 with duel titan X is out of the question.

Maybe I don't fit with the enthusiast crowd.  But my 8350 and 670 still work perfectly fine and I won't replace them till they no longer work for me.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

And i hate you if you are a 13 year old with a i7 2011 cpu and sli titan x's, because you got that from your parents and are probably spoiled. /endrant

that seems rather presumptuous to me. When I built my first computer I think I was a freshman in high school but to finance it I was working over the summer for a family business doing flooring basically working 40+ hours a week.

that seems rather presumptuous to me. When I built my first computer I think I was a freshman in high school but to finance it I was working over the summer for a family business doing flooring basically working 40+ hours a week.

Ok, well some are okay, but im just talking about those ones where mommy and daddy buy them the latest iphone, and whatever computer setup they could dream of.

Work 40 hours a week playing on my phone on midnights, no bills or worries besides basics. Just starting to date so no girlfriend worries, so all my money goes into my car and computer fund

Generally by selling my old stuff for more than I paid for the new stuff. (I.E sold my i5 4690K for more than I paid for it).

I sold my 4930k for more than I paid for it, the board, cooler and RAM all in one. Then got my E5 for cheap so I basically made money from moving to X79.

Ok, well some are okay, but im just talking about those ones where mommy and daddy buy them the latest iphone, and whatever computer setup they could dream of.

So... Spoilt to buggery. Parents like that are weak. For fuck's sake, Debra, he's unconditionally attached to you, it doesn't matter if you don't get him an extra 980TI, even if he cries about it for a month whilst still being able to play Crysis 3 at decent frame-rates and pass the sky-box test.

/rant

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

race people for money, money from real estate/rental properties, family businesses

I sell drugs to 12 year olds at schools (jk plz don't arrest me for a stupid joke, I know you're watching GCHQ :P). I just save up money I get from doing small jobs and for my Birthdays/Christmas etc.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

I'm just curious. I have to save up for the most part, but I am working now so that helps me.

And i hate you if you are a 13 year old with a i7 2011 cpu and sli titan x's, because you got that from your parents and are probably spoiled. /endrant

ummm... Well im 14 and i have an i5 4690k and a gtx 970 8gb RAM 1tb HDD in NZXT s340. I sold my xbox and saved for almost a year. I wouldnt be surprised if you told me i am spoiled.