We finally have an iPad Pro contender from a PC maker!

AlTech

c04408153.png

A 12 inch PRO product which costs a fortune and is made of Aluminium and comes with a stylus/pen/pencil!

Damnit HP! You're not Apple! You can't do that! That's not allowed! You're supposed to make boring black PC towers which are ugly AF and make some servers and some sexy laptops. 

c04408129.png

c04408108.png

HP Will Be Selling Low Volumes Of Expensively Priced Tablets Boasting Top Of The Line Specifications

HP might have figured out that targeting the lower end of the market with affordable tablets is not going to cut it. However, targeting the high-end market with slates that are going to feature the price tag that is equivalent to those stamped on Apple’s iPads is an even worse idea and we will tell you why. Naturally, HP cannot compete with the likes of Xiaomi, or Teclast, which keep lower margins in order to target a larger market (case in point would be Teclast X16, an 11.6 inch Windows 10 powered tablet that is better the Surface 3 in the hardware department, and much cheaper as well).

IMHO - WHAT ARE YOU DOING! THis is a mess! We don't need any  more Android tablets! AHhhhh! IT's either Windows Desktop with COre M or nothing!

Leave comment below!

http://wccftech.com/hp-following-apples-lead-with-expensive-yet-powerful-tablets-for-near-future/

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Mediocre, bad screen, not powerful, bad note taking software

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/hp-pro-slate-12-1281802/review

Pointless cash in product

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The "contender" has been out for a long time. Its called the Surface Pro. It also runs a full version of Windows so you don't need to use gimped programs.

Very true.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

I would rather be caught dead with an iDevice than something from HP.

Sorry but years of their crappy bloatware and shitty proprietary PCs have left their status even lower than Apple in my eyes. And Dell and Lenovo can get F'd too.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The "contender" has been out for a long time. Its called the Surface Pro. It also runs a full version of Windows so you don't need to use gimped programs.

The real contender would have been the Surface RT, since it was gimped by the OS just like the iPad pro 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I would rather be caught dead with an iDevice than something from HP.

Sorry but years of their crappy bloatware and shitty proprietary PCs have left their status even lower than Apple in my eyes. And Dell and Lenovo can get F'd too.

First thing to do on any OEM machine: Install a clean version of Windows.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yeah and HP (very poorly) copied that too.

The real contender would have been the Surface RT, since it was gimped by the OS just like the iPad pro 

True, though for some people it does everything that they need (in my Grandmother's case, its better than her old laptop by far, with more space, RAM, better CPU and excellent battery life).

PMSL

looks a lot worse than an iPad lol

Well to be fair it is made by HP.

PMSL

looks a lot worse than an iPad lol

It straight up looks like a $150 cheapo tablet. The design is not elegant in the slightest. The color of the metal is gross and contrasts with every other part of the device. The metal bezels are extremely noticeable and cheap looking. The speaker holes are massive overkill and look absurd. We get it HP, you have beats audio. The Hewlett Packard logo looks terrible. This thing is a train wreck. HP is totally incapable of making something look high end.

First thing to do on any OEM machine: Install a clean version of Windows.

Yeah, except now they've started to solder ROMs with their crap onto motherboards and inject code into the BIOS chip. So not even that. To me, the first thing to do on any OEM machine: return it right the fuck back where it came from.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Is it Android?

If it is, it's indeed a worthy contender to the iPad "Pro" (I refuse to call it Pro unless it manages to earn the title.)

Yeah, except now they've started to solder ROMs with their crap onto motherboards and inject code into the BIOS chip. So not even that. To me, the first thing to do on any OEM machine: return it right the fuck back where it came from.

Not much choice with laptops.......

PMSL

True, though for some people it does everything that they need (in my Grandmother's case, its better than her old laptop by far, with more space, RAM, better CPU and excellent battery life).

that is what apple's betting on by using iOS, that the general consumer (so the non-Pro) can do everything on iOS and thus the ipad pro, they are just using 'pro' as a mean to justify the price of a premium product, and they can't use premium cause that would mean that the regular ipad is not premium

Funny, how 1600x1200 is considered to be "low res" nowadays, and Snapdragon 800 with Adreno 330 and 2 gigs of RAM is considered "low specs"... ;)

Those specs are completely fine! Except maybe RAM. that could be higher but it's ok if it isn't

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Funny, how 1600x1200 is considered to be "low res" nowadays, and Snapdragon 800 with Adreno 330 and 2 gigs of RAM is considered "low specs"... ;)

I shouldnt have said poor specs , I should have said poor performance

and resolution is not the only aspect to a screen

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What do you mean we 'finally' have an iPad Pro contender?

Surface Pro 4 is a thing, and even the VAIO Canvas.

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

I prefer HP Spectre. It has in no way resembles the Surface Pro. No way!

hp-spectre-x2-1200.jpg

(Keyboard is detachable, hold with magnets, and can be put flat or angle (pictured above) like the Surface Pro line)

Looks like it's running Android 4.2

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

If you price yourself in the iPad Pro range, this is ridiculous ...

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?