Apple may remove headphone jack on next iPhone (Oh hi there Android!)

TechGod

Apple being completely retarded and just loving the idea of a single port...

Single port? No, I want to use all ports ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And according to the article. If you don't have money, you can give your one kidney for listening to audio and other kidney for charging your iPhone.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

no they arent. You people give them way too little credit. they know their userbases. they know that removing the fucking headphone jack from a phone is stupid. they also knew many people want an ultrabook but never plug shit into it. and they made one for them

Unfortunately this forum has a hate Apple mentality. Saying stupid stuff like how Apple isn't innovative...

Apple, requires the utmost quality of elegance.

My friends say as they have 50 adapters falling off the end of their phone.

If Apple does it, then everybody will do it at some point.... Wait and see :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I love the bit that says "Apple MAY release lightning equipped earbuds"

Hmmm, if they're removing the 3.5mm Jack in favour of lightning then they'd better release lightning earbuds otherwise they're destined to fail, hard, very hard.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'll clarify: I am not against people investing some extra effort in their budget to buy tech, fuck I do that myself constantly. I just don't like people doing it unwisely. Now if someone that's tech saavy upgrades to a new iphone because they genuinely like some of the new features or upgraded stats (even though they can be very small increments at times) fine.

What I am talking about is average folk who 1) Don't know shit about tech and 2) Aren't actually rich or even upper middle class to be able to comfortably afford an iphone very often. I've seen a lot of this people everywhere, including like 1 out of each 5 of my co-workers: they just buy new iphones because they like it when people to notice they can afford to, except I get the same pay-check and I know that while they can, is not easy and makes the whole thing stupid.

TL;DR version: I hate people buying iphones just because they seek social status.

anyone who buys anything without looking into is stupid...well for the most part any how, but do you really think apples success comes from people out of the know, not knowing what they are buying?.....more over, do you think apple sales would grow if there product was shit?...marketing hype might get you to buy 1 but its not going to get you to to buy a second if the first is a pile of shit. they make good products.

the irony of it all is, most apple haters slate "fanboys" who blindly love apple and yet they hate apple blindly.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

anyone who buys anything without looking into is stupid...well for the most part any how, but do you really think apples success comes from people out of the know, not knowing what they are buying?.....more over, do you think apple sales would grow if there product was shit?...marketing hype might get you to buy 1 but its not going to get you to to buy a second if the first is a pile of shit. they make good products.

the irony of it all is, most apple haters slate "fanboys" who blindly love apple and yet they hate apple blindly.

Dis was a quality post.

I get iPhone because I like IOS

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Yes, I actually do really think so: Their success comes equal parts from "accessibility" (imho dumbing down but that's another point) and plain old marketing. The definition of "good product" is actually quite astonishingly subjective: Is it a good product because it sacrifices customizeability and portability by locking the user into a specific environment and walled garden? To most technologically challenged people (read: most people actually) yes. But that does not actually makes the product a good value, it just forces the user to assume it's a good value by taking advantage of their inexperience and closing all the doors to alternatives.

Also I must declare Straw man here to your last point: I never mentioned apple fan boys. I mentioned common people who just don't know anything about tech and seek out Apple 100% because of brand recognition. That doesn't makes them fans any more than a person who seeks out certain clothing brands when shopping because of said brand recognition: people seek out what they know and heard about, that doesn't makes them fanboys. You're just bring up apple fan boys (imo, a moderately to highly power user that knows technical details and such and prefers apple) because you know it's easier to dismiss my criticism and points by calling me an "Apple hater" and generalizing about how this forums are just filled with "Apple haters" as someone already did when in fact there's an equal amount of Apple fanboys vs Apple haters.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Arguably getting an NVME SSD inside the iPhone was pretty innovative or being the first to implement a 64 bit SOC...

Apple are innovative but people ignore it cause they do stupid crap like this. 

Pioneering NVMe SSDs and 64-bit SOCs in phones, I'll give them that. But yet, they can't seem to get it through their heads that people want better battery life rather than thinner phones.

so you can't listen to music while charging your phone.?

System:
CPU: I7-3610QM @ 2.3 GHz | Motherboard: something with chips | RAM: 8 Gb of something | GPU: AMD HD 7600M | Case: Something made out of plastic | Storage: Toshiba MQ01ABD075 750GB | PSU: something external | Display(s): something glowing | Cooling: jet engine | Keyboard: hama something | Mouse: Logitech something | Sound: Traktor Kontrol S2 as soundcard, AKG K500 Headphones | Operating System: Windoof 10

Yes, I actually do really think so: Their success comes equal parts from "accessibility" (imho dumbing down but that's another point) and plain old marketing. The definition of "good product" is actually quite astonishingly subjective: Is it a good product because it sacrifices customizeability and portability by locking the user into a specific environment and walled garden? To most technologically challenged people (read: most people actually) yes. But that does not actually makes the product a good value, it just forces the user to assume it's a good value by taking advantage of their inexperience and closing all the doors to alternatives.

Also I must declare Straw man here to your last point: I never mentioned apple fan boys. I mentioned common people who just don't know anything about tech and seek out Apple 100% because of brand recognition. That doesn't makes them fans any more than a person who seeks out certain clothing brands when shopping because of said brand recognition: people seek out what they know and heard about, that doesn't makes them fanboys. You're just bring up apple fan boys (imo, a moderately to highly power user that knows technical details and such and prefers apple) because you know it's easier to dismiss my criticism and points by calling me an "Apple hater" and generalizing about how this forums are just filled with "Apple haters" as someone already did when in fact there's an equal amount of Apple fanboys vs Apple haters.

ok lets get this out the way first i wasnt calling you a hater directly it was more a generalisation, though, and lets be honest...you are an apple hater, are you not? 

im a developer, self employed, i have 2 children and a soon to be wife......my shit is complicated enough, i want the things i rely on not to be.  apples dumbing down is a god send and leaves you with a product that works....and thats want the consumer wants, and really ill take not being able to change my font on my device, over shitty memory issues, inconsistent experience from device to device... running the same software, and a fractured eco-system that sees phones, less than a year old, loosing support for the latest software updates. and those that do get support, take upto 6 months to get it. i just want my phone to work.

The definition of "good product" is actually quite astonishingly subjective

errrr no. if it was then reviews would be worthless.

finaly, value, is what people are willing to pay, and given that people still keep buying the iphone then it must be good value

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

ok lets get this out the way first i wasnt calling you a hater directly it was more a generalisation, though, and lets be honest...you are an apple hater, are you not? 

im a developer, self employed, i have 2 children and a soon to be wife......my shit is complicated enough, i want the things i rely on not to be.  apples dumbing down is a god send and leaves you with a product that works....and thats want the consumer wants, and really ill take not being able to change my font on my device, over shitty memory issues, inconsistent experience from device to device... running the same software, and a fractured eco-system that sees phones, less than a year old, loosing support for the latest software updates. and those that do get support, take upto 6 months to get it. i just want my phone to work.

errrr no. if it was then reviews would be worthless.

finaly, value, is what people are willing to pay, and given that people still keep buying the iphone then it must be good value

Lol, and reviews aren't always right when you do comparisons with other similar products. Take my Dragonwar Silvo GK-004. A lot of people are giving it positive reviews, however when I compared it to my Turbo-Win KM-2501, which cost $25 in 1998 as opposed to $65 a couple of months ago, I started to notice that it was a bit overrated, with it being just as flimsy and actually flexing by a very noticeable amount when typing, having thinner plastic, rubber domes of the same size but thinner, and a far thinner pressure distribution bar under the spacebar. Its also difficult to type on when the main source of light is my computer screen. Typing on my older keyboard is also nicer, though that is down to the rubber domes which I could switch around (I've switched the dome under the left shift key and it feels better than the other keys).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

First, we don't need your life story, not on this thread anyway.

Now keeping in mind brevity:

1) Simple interfaces are not inherently bad. If it was customizable it would be fine. It's the combined simplistic interface AND walled garden that makes it inherently bad in my opinion. That's not in the people's interest because that's how you end paying 700 for a phone experience that should be worth 200 or 300.

2) Reviews can contain objective information like technical specs and benchmarks but they are inherently opinions and subjective by nature.

-------

Current Rig

-------

All I've gathered from this is that if they do this between now and infinity - I need to invent not an adapter, but a splitter.  Power and siphon power.  Genius.  I'll be rich and can buy @Trik'Stari the Matrix.

First, we don't need your life story, not on this thread anyway.

Now keeping in mind brevity:

1) Simple interfaces are not inherently bad. If it was customizable it would be fine. It's the combined simplistic interface AND walled garden that makes it inherently bad in my opinion. That's not in the people's interest because that's how you end paying 700 for a phone experience that should be worth 200 or 300.

2) Reviews can contain objective information like technical specs and benchmarks but they are inherently opinions and subjective by nature.

When you have to start throwing insults to make your point you lost and I'm out

When you have to start throwing insults to make your point you lost and I'm out

404 insult not found, but fine by me carry on.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If they do that you might as well go Bluetooth really.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Pioneering NVMe SSDs and 64-bit SOCs in phones, I'll give them that. But yet, they can't seem to get it through their heads that people want better battery life rather than thinner phones.

They also implemented an actually functional fingerprint sensor on phones....the Motorola Axtrix had a horrible one. They also pushed for high res displays with the iPhone 4....

But yeah. Stupid Apple for not improving the battery. I'd gladly take a 7.5mm phone if it meant way better battery life. 

They also implemented an actually functional fingerprint sensor on phones....the Motorola Axtrix had a horrible one. They also pushed for high res displays with the iPhone 4....

But yeah. Stupid Apple for not improving the battery. I'd gladly take a 7.5mm phone if it meant way better battery life.

That is also true.

I love my Droid Turbo for the battery life alone. Even on the heaviest days, it still has 50 - 60% battery left by the time I put it on the charger. That is what I want a phone to do, last all damn day, not be thin and light. I don't give a shit if it is or if it's made of "premium" materials like aluminum, I want it to be thick, durable and last all day. That isn't to say the Droid Turbo is a bad phone, not at all, but I seriously wish I didn't have to congratulate Motorola for the "innovation" of putting a large battery in a phone. You'd think it would be simple, but noooo, Jonny Ive has a massive stick up his ass and thinks that we want thinner phones, and won't listen to all the people saying otherwise. Grr.

That is also true.

I love my Droid Turbo for the battery life alone. Even on the heaviest days, it still has 50 - 60% battery left by the time I put it on the charger. That is what I want a phone to do, last all damn day, not be thin and light. I don't give a shit if it is or if it's made of "premium" materials like aluminum, I want it to be thick, durable and last all day. That isn't to say the Droid Turbo is a bad phone, not at all, but I seriously wish I didn't have to congratulate Motorola for the "innovation" of putting a large battery in a phone. You'd think it would be simple, but noooo, Jonny Ive has a massive stick up his ass and thinks that we want thinner phones, and won't listen to all the people saying otherwise. Grr.

Does it have Marshmellow yet? Just imagine how beastly the battery will be with Doze.

Off topic, Vivaldi user as well! How do you like it???

Does it have Marshmellow yet? Just imagine how beastly the battery will be with Doze.

Off topic, Vivaldi user as well! How do you like it???

Nope, still on Lollipop, and knowing Verizon, Marshmallow isn't being released for the Droid Turbo until next July or something.

Yes, I'm really liking Vivaldi.

I don't think they will do that. They could use the D Jack they patented though. 

post-246447-0-48217500-1448758649.jpg

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.)