Apple may remove headphone jack on next iPhone (Oh hi there Android!)

TechGod

I don't think they will do that. They could use the D Jack they patented though. post-246447-0-80658000-1448758705.jpg

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

That is also true.

I love my Droid Turbo for the battery life alone. Even on the heaviest days, it still has 50 - 60% battery left by the time I put it on the charger. That is what I want a phone to do, last all damn day, not be thin and light. I don't give a shit if it is or if it's made of "premium" materials like aluminum, I want it to be thick, durable and last all day. That isn't to say the Droid Turbo is a bad phone, not at all, but I seriously wish I didn't have to congratulate Motorola for the "innovation" of putting a large battery in a phone. You'd think it would be simple, but noooo, Jonny Ive has a massive stick up his ass and thinks that we want thinner phones, and won't listen to all the people saying otherwise. Grr.

A lot of motorolla's phones do it. My Moto G 3rd gen keeps 50% battery at the end of a day after heavy use.

I usually don't use it that heavily though, so it will last for like 3 days and have 40%, or I could push it to 4 without charging.

A lot of motorolla's phones do it. My Moto G 3rd gen keeps 50% battery at the end of a day after heavy use.

I usually don't use it that heavily though, so it will last for like 3 days and have 40%, or I could push it to 4 without charging.

That's insane. I push my iPhone 6 a lot and it's 40% by 8PM. Taking off charger at 7ish AM

oh i remember that...

fun fact, the old Sony phones you could hack other phones with BT, because it had this sub menu that allowed you to "browse folder" of other phones.... i found out on a school trip.

i was the only one with that model

there was no BT active for the rest of the 2 hour bus ride home :|

My samsung s5233 also did that and you had these DUN tools you could use to control the other phone completely which you got by sideloading .jars

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Honestly, I have heard of this and dissapointed they are removing the Iphone jack to make the phone "thinner", people request for a bigger battery but are denied...

I dislike most androids too as ive had a few brands and there screens die and mess up big time but i guess ive been unlucky in that area.

All i want in a phone is
Calling, Texting, Music, Internet -> In that order which is why im lookng into a rasbery pie on my arm like a pitboy with 2-7 days battery life.

However, capitalist society forces teenagers to do this. At least in my school, you're looked down upon if you don't have at least an iPhone 5C or newer.

Do you live in Nazi Germany or something? No one looks down on you for having an old phone. No one fucking cares. 

Do you live in Nazi Germany or something? No one looks down on you for having an old phone. No one fucking cares. 

Using one of the old Nokia bricks (monochrome LCD) all through 2013 proved that point.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I was getting a little respect for the storage move apple did but now its all lost.... same old apple oh well I dont buy their shit so it doesn't affect me millions of android devices out there 

I was getting a little respect for the storage move apple did but now its all lost.... same old apple oh well I dont buy their shit so it doesn't affect me millions of android devices out there

I would like to point out that this rumour has existed for a long time but it hasn't happened yet. Proven innocent till guilty and all that...

I would like to point out that this rumour has existed for a long time but it hasn't happened yet. Proven innocent till guilty and all that..

still dont like their crap thats why I dont buy it so... 

Actually people do and I see a lot of those people, I'm just happy that those people aren't the majority where I live.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

-snip-

-snip-

its ok hes from scotland, if it aint been deep fried then there lost

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Got no problem with saying goodbye to 3.5mm jacks, but at least kill Lightning and do it on USB-C Apple. Also other manufacturers should consider pushing earphones to USB-C

Got no problem with saying goodbye to 3.5mm jacks, but at least kill Lightning and do it on USB-C Apple. Also other manufacturers should consider pushing earphones to USB-C

I'd love for Type C being universal but they won't do it.

DUDE, THIS WAS ALREADY A RUMOR BACK IN IPHONE 5S DAYS. LOL IT DIDNT COME TRUE THEN IT WONT NOW... this is a stupid stupid move that theyd never ever make. Maybe theyll do both first ATLEAST. Theyll have the funtionality of both 3.5mm and a lightning connection with headphones TO BEGIN WITH AND GET PEOPLE TO START BUYING THE STUFF FOR THE LIGHTNING FIRST only a few gens after they might actually do this but eh 

• FX-8320  GTX 970  M5A97 R2  Corsair H100I GT  500W PSU  RIPJAWS 8GB DDR3  SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB  1TB HDD 

Really this is a push for bluetooth headphones IMO. They are awesome and I'm guessing Apple will launch wireless earpods.

Nah. I like my earphones to stay fully passive analog.

Really this is a push for bluetooth headphones IMO. They are awesome and I'm guessing Apple will launch wireless earpods.

They're awesome until they're not awesome and the cost-effective simplicity of a passive stereo headphone is desired.

just get a windows phone 

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Android master race 

but honestly this is a smart move from apple.

you will get MARGINALLY! better sound quality 

and be able to DRAIN your phone's battery to power them beefy headphones.

the lightning port is a digital interface, they would need to make some of the connector pins toggle to become analogue so they can transfer sound which would not increase sound quality in any way. If anything, putting even more electronics close together will increase interference decreasing the quality of the audio.

I suppose they could keep the lightning port as a digital only interface and force headphone manufacturers to include a DAC in all their headphones, but I don't think apple is stupid enough to try that.