Tesla voluntarily recalls all Model S cars sold to date over a seatbelt malfunction.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/20/9769868/tesla-model-s-recall-seat-belt

Tesla-Model-S-70D-new-color-Ocean-Blue.j

Tesla is voluntarily recalling every Model S it has ever made — some 90,000 cars — because of a single report from Europe where the seatbelt wasn’t assembled properly.

In that case, someone in the front passenger seat turned to talk to other passengers in the back seats and her seatbelt became disconnected. According to Tesla, a "bolt that connects the outboard lap pretensioner, which pulls the seatbelt tight in the event of an accident, wasn’t assembled properly." There were no injuries in the incident.

So in short, Tesla does something all other manufacturers should do. One safety issue pops up, immediately recall all other products to address it ASAP, just to eliminate the possibility for things to go really wrong. I like that approach. More people should do that. Good on Elon.

Ye ole' train

Good PR will get you far. Elon understands that.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Cool, at least they're bothering to do something about it.

Single report prompting a full recall? Props to you, Elon. Good for you.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

C'mon tesla! You're better than this!

Glad they're at least taking care of the issue, much better than some companies that will try denying it or hiding int instead.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

That seems a little over the top, if the seat belt doesn't function properly why not just let the owners report it? Of course we wouldn't want them to wait until they get in an accident, so they should properly test them before they head out next time; a full recall in a waste of effort. However, there has only been 17,700 odd sold.

That seems a little over the top, if the seat belt doesn't function properly why not just let the owners report it? Of course we wouldn't want them to wait until they get in an accident, so they should properly test them before they head out next time; a full recall in a waste of effort. However, there has only been 17,700 odd sold.

It's not like a defect in the speaker system, the seatbelt is a major safety feature. It's good on them to voluntarily recall all of them in order to fix it, but it's also something that must be addressed.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Iw it was almost any other company they would have tried to hide this until there was a huge scandal 10 years later.

I thought I saw this posted earlier but it must have been moved.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Argh the fanboyism on this forum for Tesla is just as bad as the apple fans, so pathetic. I don't know why I'm surprised though, half the Tesla fans are also those apple fans lmao.

So in short, Tesla does something all other manufacturers should do.

They do.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

They do.

You're right. I'm pretty sure that Toyota recalled a million vehicles because the accelerator was sticking.

But Toyota isn't Tesla so nobody gives a toss here.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Bare in mind there aren't THAT many model Ss around - this isn't the same as a defect on, say, the golf.

Where I live, there's quite a few.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

They gotta up their testing game.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Bare in mind

Easy way to remember the proper word for "bear in mind" is this image: 

bear-in-mind.jpg

Easy way to remember the proper word for "bear in mind" is this image: 

bear-in-mind.jpg

Apparently it doesn't help you remember to put an "an" in front of "easy way" though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Argh the fanboyism on this forum for Tesla is just as bad as the apple fans, so pathetic. I don't know why I'm surprised though, half the Tesla fans are also those apple fans lmao.

You are narrow minded for sure.

Bare in mind there aren't THAT many model Ss around - this isn't the same as a defect on, say, the golf.

Easy on that gun m9

Cites Apple fanboys : +50 Points

Cites Tesla fanboys : +50 Points

Somehow manages to find a relation between these two : +100000000 Points

Congratulations, you have made 20 more friends on the Internet !

You are narrow minded for sure.

Speaking the truth and not sheeping around like everyone else doesn't make me narrow minded.

Easy on that gun m9

Cites Apple fanboys : +50 Points

Cites Tesla fanboys : +50 Points

Somehow manages to find a relation between these two : +100000000 Points

Congratulations, you have made 20 more friends on the Internet !

Cool, too bad i really couldn't give a shit about friends on the Internet, i'd much rather hang out with my irl friends.

Speaking the truth and not sheeping around like everyone else doesn't make me narrow minded.

Cool, too bad i really couldn't give a shit about friends on the Internet, i'd much rather hang out with my irl friends.

Woah you don't understand sarcasm do you

Woah you don't understand sarcasm do you

My bad it's hard to tell in text, plus im use to someone attacking me for giving a not very popular opinion lol.

This is stupid imo.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This is stupid imo.

Can you elaborate why?

All the voluntary recall is going to do is have the Tesla brought into a certified mechanic service centre, and the seatbelt mechanism inspected and replaced.

I really don't understand those people who see this as a negative thing. Perhaps if they explained their opinions better, it would make more sense.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Can you elaborate why?

All the voluntary recall is going to do is have the Tesla brought into a certified mechanic service centre, and the seatbelt mechanism inspected and replaced.

I really don't understand those people who see this as a negative thing. Perhaps if they explained their opinions better, it would make more sense.

you don't even have to go their

they are going and waiting at superchargers now for inspections.

Tesla is doing this the right way.

you don't even have to go their

they are going and waiting at superchargers now for inspections.

Tesla is doing this the right way.

-snip-

Even better. This is the perfect way to handle a situation that could cause considerable loss of life.

Why does anyone not like this? Would you all rather they waited until people had died? Baffles me sometimes...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Tesla always handles this stuff the right way... But at what point will stuff like this stop happening? Stock prices plummeted and Tesla is still losing $$$...

System: Thinkpad T460