Deus Ex Mankind Divided Delay to August: I Never Asked For This

Sharkyx1

http://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-mankind-divided-delayed-to-august-2016/

DeusExCover.jpg

"Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has been pushed back to August 23 next year, meaning it will release exactly five years after the launch of Human Revolution. It was formerly due out next February.
The statement was made by Eidos Mondreal studio head David Anfossi on the Deus Ex site, who writes that "expectations are extremely high, and we not only want to meet those expectations, but exceed them.""

Obviously this can only be a good thing for our favourite Robotic Swiss Army Knife Simulator. But it still comes with a sharp hit of dissapointment losing a title slated so close to release.

Hopefully it's great

maxresdefault.jpg

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Augment your delay. Is it direct x 12 related or just they want to add more content?

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Augment your delay. Is it direct x 12 related or just they want to add more content?

It was supposed to be the first dx12 AAA game I think

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

meaning it will release exactly five years after the launch of Human Revolution

Human revolution is already 5 years old?  :blink:

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

It was supposed to be the first dx12 AAA game I think

they would've just delayed the pc version, the xbox's custom low level api is close enough to dx12 not to cause an xbox delay, so it probably not the api that delays it

they would've just delayed the pc version, the xbox's custom low level api is close enough to dx12 not to cause an xbox delay, so it probably not the api that delays it

I think that johan anderson said that all 2016 EA games were going to be dx-12 or that might have been dx-12 fall releases. 

https://twitter.com/repi/status/585556554667163648?lang=en 

Yeah it was fall releases. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Literally the worst news I've heard in a long time gaming related. One of my most looked forward to games of the next year. Or just in general really. I wonder what they need to fix/add for it to be so delayed. We are talking about half a year here.

I mean sure, The Division and Rise of the Tomb Raider is being released around that time, but to me Deus Ex is by far the strongest of those titles (although the Division seems really interesting too).

Well this sucks so much.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Meh, they've done the right thing and delayed it before the hype train has left the station so big props to them for that.

What's weird for me though is I didn't really like HR that much, then a friend gifted me the Enhanced? (Or was it Deluxe?) edition of the game and I played it to death.

On topic though I'd much rather they delay to get it right than release early and a mess.

Things are starting to look up in general tbh, aside from BAK the large majority of games this year have been much better than previous years. It looks like publishers are finally learning.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Im glad its delayed, i dont want a buggy product and i need more time to work through some larger games on my play list anyway

If it means a better game overall, who cares?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

The delay is probably to fix issues, not to add content.

Not a great start for DX12.

..why? What's a delay going to do for DX12 over a shitty port of it that doesn't play well or run well?

Good. Release dates are almost always too optimistic these days. This is a symptom of publishers/developers forcing unrealistically shorter and shorter deadlines amidst higher complexity projects.

Ship good games instead. You can't rush polish.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I'm tired of all these delays. When you announce an official release date, you declare the date that you have estimated you would be done. I'd much prefer them release the game broken on their release date to show us the amount of work (whether it is a huge amount of work or lack of work) that they put into the development. They talk about exceeding our expectations but the fact that your release date is pushed shows either a failure to meet their own expectations or a failure to set proper expectations in the development's progress.

Good. Release dates are almost always too optimistic these days. This is a symptom of publishers/developers forcing unrealistically shorter and shorter deadlines amidst higher complexity projects.

Ship good games instead. You can't rush polish.

They decide the release date a year if not more in advance, of course shit will hit the fan more often then not.

I'd rather late than Batman.

WTF I rather Batman than Late. I might have bought it if it came out now but by the time it comes out I will have 0 interest in it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

WTF I rather Batman than Late. I might have bought it if it came out now but by the time it comes out I will have 0 interest in it.

The game didn't work, mate. The first thing about telling a great story is that it has to be a natural and immersive experience. Batman on launch, and still now tells its story about as naturally as reading a novel does, except when you turn every page someone slaps you in the face with a fish. 

The game is buggy, lags, has horrible, horrible graphical glitches and I end up being frustrated and expending my energy trying to get the game to work rather than kicking baddies asses.