Gun Safety Fingerprint Sensor Aims To Prevent Tragic Accidents

PCBjon

This needs to be mandatory. The people that need it won't buy it willingly.

This is a horrible idea. For perspective, if I was going to do something illogical and kill people, I sure as hell wouldn't use a gun. I'd just drive my 300 HP SUV at 100 mph into a kindergarten classroom. That'd do way more damage than a shooting spree. The gun isn't the problem, it's the people. But instead of taking responsibility for not parenting their children properly, people like to blame a machine instead. You see, if they were to make this mandatory the government could control firearms. And if you think the government should do that, I suggest you move to a country such as England or some other European country. You can't remove guns or control them, there are far too many for that to be remotely success. And guns save more lives than they kill. Even all the homicides in the US don't come near to the level of drunk driving deaths or car accident deaths. So logically we'd have to ban cars first because they're far too 'dangerous'. However, you can make people better. And making people better will save lives all around.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Because that's at all possible.

This is great, people actually think they could do this... oh wait

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Only for the military and maybe certain gun license holders. Look at the uk. 

Look what happens when you do that: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01/07/shooting-reported-at-office-satirical-french-newspaper/

All anyone who wants to do something horrible has to do is shoot the few police and then they can go on a rampage. Mind you one armed citizen could have made a huge difference.

This is great, people actually think they could do this... oh wait

What's more comical to me is that they actually think it would work to prevent violent crimes from happening.

You know. Kind of like gun free zones work.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What's more comical to me is that they actually think it would work to prevent violent crimes from happening.

Oh yeah, because it's a well known fact that the criminals are law abiding citizens that follow the law... oh wait

I swear the average IQ of people has gone down significantly, the amount of illogical stuff I hear these days is ridiculous.

Oh yeah, because it's a well known fact that the criminals are law abiding citizens that follow the law... oh wait

I swear the average IQ of people has gone down significantly, the amount of illogical stuff I hear these days is ridiculous.

Get used to it. People care more about entertainment than being informed or thinking rationally.

Get used to it. People care more about entertainment than being informed or thinking rationally.

Yeahhh, its very sad

Hey, that cat that can talk and juggle has kept me distracted from trying to change this world for the better, but damn is that cat talented.

Key based trigger locks work fine and probably cheaper, without the risk of failure that all tech has.

And if this is intended for use when carrying, it defeats the entire purpose of carrying.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Mommy and Daddy should be responsible parents and store their firearms in a locked locker.

I'd own a gun for self-defense personally,

If you have your gun locked up then you can't use it in self-defense in case of a break-in. The people threatening your life will not just stand around and wait while you fiddle with the lock.

Did you really think that statement through before posting it? The "criminals won't abide the law anyway" argument makes no sense. You could use the exact same argument as for why driving while drunk should be legal as well. Because you know, the criminals who do it don't respect the law anyway.

Driving while under the influence is illegal because there is a high risk of accidents happening if you do it, so there needs to be a punishment for it. It's not illegal because making it illegal stops everyone from doing it.

Hold on why are people saying we need to educated children on gun safety when in alot of kids shootings its the stupidity of the parents thats at fault.

Did you really think that statement through before posting it? The "criminals won't abide the law anyway" argument makes no sense. You could use the exact same argument as for why driving while drunk should be legal as well. Because you know, the criminals who do it don't respect the law anyway.

Driving while under the influence is illegal because there is a high risk of accidents happening if you do it, so there needs to be a punishment for it. It's not illegal because making it illegal stops everyone from doing it.

Yes I did. You're missing the point. Drunk driving being illegal is 1000 times more enforceable than banning all guns and is more of a common sense kinda of thing that everyone agrees shouldn't be done. Does it still happen? Unfortunately so, but this is a whole different genre of law than 'ban all guns'.

The point I was trying to make was people who want to do harm will. You could ban all guns but as evidenced by the shooting at the satirical newspaper in France, smuggling in full auto AK's is not that difficult and can be done for a price. Even if you made all guns 'illegal' they would be incredibly easy to come by given the large quantities that are available.So it would still be easy for someone wanting to do something, to go out and get an 'illegal weapon'.

Key based trigger locks work fine and probably cheaper, without the risk of failure that all tech has.

And if this is intended for use when carrying, it defeats the entire purpose of carrying.

Remember its an early model maybe they next few will have a scanner that will instant unlock. I say dont knock it till you try it. 

If you have your gun locked up then you can't use it in self-defense in case of a break-in. The people threatening your life will not just stand around and wait while you fiddle with the lock.

Yes, but when the law (gun free zones) makes people less safe, i.e defenseless, then the statement is completely applicable. All gun free zones do is provide areas for nuts to massacre people, safely in the time it takes the police to arrive.

Because that's at all possible.

Good luck with all that.

This is a hilarious and very accurate depiction of what would be required, also civil war would be my response so not a great idea at all, and as the man said gun violence is at an all time low.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

This is retarded and it's not going to work.

How about educate people about guns?, how about being a responsible parent?, I'm sure that will be cheaper.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

This is a hilarious and very accurate depiction of what would be required, also civil war would be my response so not a great idea at all, and as the man said gun violence is at an all time low.

It wouldn't be your choice alone. Include "enough" gun owners, as well as a large majority of the military and police forces. They aren't going to kill their own friends and families, to turn America into an even more facist police state than it's already become.

Yes I did. You're missing the point. Drunk driving being illegal is 1000 times more enforceable than banning all guns and is more of a common sense kinda of thing that everyone agrees shouldn't be done. Does it still happen? Unfortunately so, but this is a whole different genre of law than 'ban all guns'.

The point I was trying to make was people who want to do harm will. You could ban all guns but as evidenced by the shooting at the satirical newspaper in France, smuggling in full auto AK's is not that difficult and can be done for a price. Even if you made all guns 'illegal' they would be incredibly easy to come by given the large quantities that are available.So it would still be easy for someone wanting to do something, to go out and get an 'illegal weapon'.

It's only more enforceable because of how things are right now. I agree that banning guns in the US is not feasible. I just think "criminals don't follow the law" is a very poor argument. At least when phrased like that.

It's only more enforceable because of how things are right now. I agree that banning guns in the US is not feasible. I just think "criminals don't follow the law" is a very poor argument. At least when phrased like that.

remember prohibition..........

it would be pretty much the same effect as banning guns. 

This is retarded and it's not going to work.

How about educate people about guns?, how about being a responsible parent?, I'm sure that will be cheaper.

That is the problem there's alot of dumb gun owners out there.

An idea for starters would be gun store should not be aloud sell assault rifles or any other gun that can fire multi plus rounds like that. A normal person should only be aloud use a standard .22 firearm, what in the name of hell does a person need a ar15 or any other assault rifle is just ridiculous. Any person that thinks other wise is delusional your not Rambo for f**k sake.

That is the problem there's alot of dumb gun owners out there.

An idea for starters would be gun store should not be aloud sell assault rifles or any other gun that can fire multi plus rounds like that. A normal person should only be aloud use a standard .22 firearm, what in the name of hell does a person need a ar15 or any other assault rifle is just ridiculous. Any person that thinks other wise is delusional your not Rambo for f**k sake.

It's always the dumb ones who ruin things for the rest.

But yeah, I don't see why people would need an assault rifle.

what if guns be disabled by where they are. So if a gps signal says the gun is in  school zone of a public theater it disables the weapon. of course  this might be hard to implement and would probably be easy to disable by pulling out the electronics bu what do you guess think of the idea

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

But yeah, I don't see why people would need an assault rifle.

You obviously never had to shoot someone while drunk, otherwise you'd know that a regular pistol is out of bullets way before you actually hit the target. A lot of people don't know that if you're so boozed up that you're seeing double, you should either close one eye or aim for the middle. For those people an assault rifle is a much better tool, although what they could really use is a belt fed

You obviously never had to shoot someone while drunk, otherwise you'd know that a regular pistol is out of bullets way before you actually hit the target. A lot of people don't know that if you're so boozed up that you're seeing double, you should either close one eye or aim for the middle. For those people an assault rifle is a much better tool, although what they could really use is a belt fed

Why would I be drunk and carrying an assault rifle?