Gun Safety Fingerprint Sensor Aims To Prevent Tragic Accidents

PCBjon

Giving the amount of kids shooting themselves or other people with mommy's or daddy's tryanny ready loaded gun I have to admit it is a step in the somewhat right direction. I wonder how well it works though?

This is where the Veri-Fire Guardian comes in, it's a clip-on fingerprint reader that will physically covers the trigger until the right person's fingerprint is recognised.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/13/new-gun-safety-fingerprint-sensor-will-prevent-tragic-accidents-and-reduce-handgun-crime_n_8552986.html

Mommy and Daddy should be responsible parents and store their firearms in a locked locker. The people who really need this won't buy this.

Or perhaps just not own a gun unless they really need it?

Although, if they do need/want one, storing it in a safe location would be best.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Or perhaps just not own a gun unless they really need it?

Although, if they do need/want one, storing it in a safe location would be best.

That would work too. I'd own a gun for self-defense personally, and I understand the argument that comes with that, but at the end of the day the police can't be there in a split second.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Wasn't something like this made by a kid a few months back? I vaguely recall something posted on this site about it...

also, I do not want something that enables an EMP to make my gun unusable...

I'd rather keep the gun's firing pin off or keep it in a childproof quick-access box...

(I currently do not own a gun but am planning to get a .22 pistol for sport shooting/home defense)

"ID tagged soldiers carry ID tagged weapons, use ID tagged gear."

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

This is definitely great if it was applied in shooting ranges, but it would be rendered useless if the sensor gets broken or the sensor itself can't read the finger print fast enough during quickdraws while in self defense.

Plus this wouldn't be a problem if the parents are responsible enough to teach their children to specifically use it to protect and not to harm

It seems good at first however

1) fingerprint sensors are not magical, super fast or 100% accurate all of the time

2) Existing guns or illegal guns probably won't have them

If you combine this, you'll end up with a defective gun that almost always will but may not shoot when you need it most vs your aggressor with a non-fingerprint gun that has enough time to put a lot of ventilation holes in your organs while you cursed at the split second it took your fancy fingerprint scanner to correctly detect your finger and let you fire.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This needs to be mandatory. The people that need it won't buy it willingly.

this is stupid.

if a guy has this on his gun and is trying to kill me.

if i dis arm him, i can't use it on him lmao

only cops need this, and it should have the cop Database in the gun.

this is stupid.

if a guy has this on his gun and is trying to kill me.

if i dis arm him, i can't use it on him lmao

only cops need this, and it should have the cop Database in the gun.

why would you use it on him. You disarmed him meaning he can't shoot you.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This needs to be mandatory. The people that need it won't buy it willingly.

I disagree.

Guns are a stupid thing to allow a normal idiot civilian to have in most cases, but a finger print reader won't help. 

For something like armed forces a finger print  reader adding even the tiniest of delays can be deadly and finger print sensors aren't reliable enough.

Why not outlaw guns so that you need special permits if you want one.... But that debate has been going on for ages now...

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I disagree.

Guns are a stupid thing to allow a normal idiot civilian to have in most cases, but a finger print reader won't help. 

For something like armed forces a finger print  reader adding even the tiniest of delays can be deadly and finger print sensors aren't reliable enough.

Why not outlaw guns so that you need special permits if you want one.... But that debate has been going on for ages now...

I agree with you but Americans are gun crazy and won't allow anyone to regulate them. (As for armed forces I think they should be a thing in the past except on native soil)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

why would you use it on him. You disarmed him meaning he can't shoot you.

i could point it at him.....so he doesn't try anything.......

basically a criminal with a gun onnly the crimnial can use is dumb

i could point it at him.....so he doesn't try anything.......

basically a criminal with a gun onnly the crimnial can use is dumb

You can still point it at him. Sure he knows you can't shoot but would you really shoot anyway?

You can still point it at him. Sure he knows you can't shoot but would you really shoot anyway?

probably not.

utter crap

• it's electronics, electronics fail
  • fingerprints .. lol; fingerprint readers are quite dumb and easily fooled
  • tough luck grabbing your pistol and fire it at the assailant as fast as possible - goodbye training
  • your hand is covered in blood - good luck with the fingerprint reader; maybe use it as brick

get a fooking safe!

get a pistol with a heavy trigger pull that can't be used by children, if you toss your firearms around like socks

I agree with you but Americans are gun crazy and won't allow anyone to regulate them. (As for armed forces I think they should be a thing in the past except on native soil)

False, that is a rash generalization. There problem is people are just riding waves rather than coming up with a system that works. The problem mainly stems from firearms not having consistent laws across each state.There should be certain federal requirements like proper background checks/people mental and criminal history should not be able to get them. Gun show firearm purchases should require an already establish firearm history that you can check before giving one. All weapons should have to be registered in each state (some states don't have firearm registration). Little things like that would go a long way, without hindering law-abiding citizens much.

And like zMeul said get a heavy trigger on your firearms, keep them in a damn safe, that even in a case of emergency you can get to it quickly enough. Don't keep it loaded but have loaded mags close by..in case of an emergency. I love guns I plan to be an avid collector but I'm not crazy about them.

Edit: Also the NRA sees any kind of legislature as a problem, they are a business and they don't want to lose money. Also people don't really think and research themselves they just listen to all the propaganda and misinformation that is spread.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

Giving the amount of kids shooting themselves or other people with mommy's or daddy's tryanny ready loaded gun I have to admit it is a step in the somewhat right direction. I wonder how well it works though?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/13/new-gun-safety-fingerprint-sensor-will-prevent-tragic-accidents-and-reduce-handgun-crime_n_8552986.html

Why not just get rid of publicly available guns, gun stores. Like they did in Australia. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Or just get rid of private guns completely.

or guns period.

Mommy and Daddy should be responsible parents and store their firearms in a locked locker. The people who really need this won't buy this.

And to the impending gun debate, I support relaxed gun laws and would rather advocate for gun responsibility than gun restrictions. You may have a different opinion, but I don't want your outsider view on why the US shouldn't have guns. You're not going to change my mind.

Gun safe and trigger locks bb

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

And to the impending gun debate, I support relaxed gun laws and would rather advocate for gun responsibility than gun restrictions. You may have a different opinion, but I don't want your outsider view on why the US shouldn't have guns. You're not going to change my mind.

What's that? A common sense, logical argument that advocates education and responsibility over restriction and fear mongering?

.......Where the hell am I?

Or just get rid of private guns completely.

Because that's at all possible.

Good luck with all that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs