Gun Safety Fingerprint Sensor Aims To Prevent Tragic Accidents

PCBjon

It's always the dumb ones who ruin things for the rest.

But yeah, I don't see why people would need an assault rifle.

Assault rifle is a term used by the media. Just because your put a foregrip on a rife doesn't make it an 'assault' rifle. If you base calling something an 'assault rifle' off of how many people it's killed in it's lifetime, the biggest assult rifle is the Mosin Nagant from the 1800's that's been in every armed conflict since it's creation and has over 30 million (Ballpark) of them built. Does this look like an AR-15? Nope, it looks like something your grandpa or great grandpa may have had.

mn-m44.jpg

'Assault rifles can be great fun at the shooting range and cause 0 harm.

It's only more enforceable because of how things are right now. I agree that banning guns in the US is not feasible. I just think "criminals don't follow the law" is a very poor argument. At least when phrased like that.

How is it more enforcable?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Am I the only one who is reminded on James Bond's gun in Skyfall? The one with fingerprint activation so a bad guy cant shoot bond with it?

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

How is it more enforcable?

How about a $5000 a year license to own firearms, how about not been able to own anything bigger than a .22. Would you be happy with a .22?

How about a $5000 a year license to own firearms, how about not been able to own anything bigger than a .22. Would you be happy with a .22?

That's not really 'enforcable' people just won't buy them, and will buy and sell between each other without documentation. No, I would not be happy with just that.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Assault rifle is a term used by the media. Just because your put a foregrip on a rife doesn't make it an 'assault' rifle. If you base calling something an 'assault rifle' off of how many people it's killed in it's lifetime, the biggest assult rifle is the Mosin Nagant from the 1800's that's been in every armed conflict since it's creation and has over 30 million (Ballpark) of them built. Does this look like an AR-15? Nope, it looks like something your grandpa or great grandpa may have had.

mn-m44.jpg

'Assault rifles can be great fun at the shooting range and cause 0 harm.

Do every American needs a weapon that could kill a lot of people in a short amount of time?

Is every American sane to have such weapon?

0 harm at the shooting range you say? I'm sure I could find some bad things that happened at those 0 harm shooting ranges you speak of.

How dangerous a weapon is, relies on the mental health of the person who owns the gun, and sadly, there's plenty of crazy ones out there in the wild.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

snip

Why would you not be happy with that? whats wrong with a .22?

If I was ever in a situation where I needed to use my gun, I wouldn't want to have to rely on an electronic device to operate it. With a fully mechanical device, I can be pretty confident that it's going to work as intended at least once. Not so much with something electronic that can be damaged a lot easier.

Ultimately it's the gun owner who is responsible for the firearm, no matter what safety measures it may have.

Also kind of wondering where this notion that a .22 LR is somehow less dangerous than any other caliber gun comes from.

But if I had to mount that on my guns, where would I mount my tactical coffee maker?

SBR2.jpg

(for the sake of honesty, this is not my SBR. I will not post pics of mine because of the very legible engraving of my trust on the lower)

For the haters:

post-49021-come-at-me-bro-gif-Imgur-tact

But in all seriousness, similar things have been introduced before and have all failed. At the end of the day firearms safety relies on the owners responsibility, there is no way to purchase firearms safety, you have to educate. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Also kind of wondering where this notion that a .22 LR is somehow less dangerous than any other caliber gun comes from.

Compared to a 5.56 a .22 is a small round depending on the situation you can survive a gunshot wound from a .22 again depending on the situation. 5.56 was made for military purposes not civilian. Civilians should not have 5.56 or any other semi automatic rifle round they just don't need it.

But in all seriousness, similar things have been introduced before and have all failed. At the end of the day firearms safety relies on the owners responsibility, there is no way to purchase firearms safety, you have to educate. 

Agree but lets face it theres alot of stupid f*****g people out there that needs this despite upsetting the careful owners.

Agree but lets face it theres alot of stupid f*****g people out there that needs this despite upsetting the careful owners.

I disagree. There are a lot of stupid people out there that need education, not stupid mechanical safety nets. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I disagree. There are a lot of stupid people out there that need education, not stupid mechanical safety nets. 

Its cheaper to implement this than to educate stupid people.  Stupid is stupid does.

Its cheaper to implement this than to educate stupid people.  Stupid is stupid does.

This right here is exactly why this type of solution is destined for failure. If you just try to implement safety nets people will come up with new and creative ways to get around them. 

Educating people is the only logical solution to gun accidents. 

Do every American needs a weapon that could kill a lot of people in a short amount of time?

Is every American sane to have such weapon?

0 harm at the shooting range you say? I'm sure I could find some bad things that happened at those 0 harm shooting ranges you speak of.

How dangerous a weapon is, relies on the mental health of the person who owns the gun, and sadly, there's plenty of crazy ones out there in the wild.

No they are not, as people are also not sane enough to drive, or be amongst the general public. Do bad things happen at gun ranges? Yes, bad things happen everywhere all the time. This is unavoidable. More people die on ATVs than at gun ranges I can assure you of that. It's a fact of life, everything is calculated risk. If one doesn't like the risk of a gun range, simply don't go. However, gun ranges are certainly safer than your drive to work by far. Proper instruction is absolutely critical when it comes to firearms, as with everything else in life, and there are many ways to get proper instruction so they are handled in a nearly harmless manner. Same goes for cars, chainsaws, lawnmowers, ect. IMHO, mental health is the biggest issue in America. There are a lot of crazy people doing lots of things, however mentioning guns is a favorite of media companies and makes them a butt ton of money because they've trained people to jump at the word. There are a lot of issues in America, and gun control isn't near the top of that list based on importance or occurrence.

Why would you not be happy with that? whats wrong with a .22?

I happen to really like .22's but they call them plinkers for a reason. When you fire a large caliber rifle at a range and feel the thump of muzzle blast in your chest and then the delay before you hear the clunk of the round smacking into a steel target that's 600 yards down range, it's very satisfying. Long range shooting is a very skilled hobby with so many variables and requires great equipment, practice, and thought. And there's no way you can do that with a .22. Also, is a large caliber, highly tuned rifle, with a high magnification scope good for mass shootings? Not in the slightest.

Remember what happened a long time ago when we tried to ban alcohol?

one is easiest to make than the other...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The gun?

alcohol is a lot easier to make than guns and ammo

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I think the gun would be easier to make than alcohol. Maybe thats just me. Here we are, thekeemo and yoshi, derailing a thread...

I mean with alcohol you get fruit

You leave it to basically rot

And done

This needs to die.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Compared to a 5.56 a .22 is a small round depending on the situation you can survive a gunshot wound from a .22 again depending on the situation. 5.56 was made for military purposes not civilian. Civilians should not have 5.56 or any other semi automatic rifle round they just don't need it.

According to what? Someone breaks into my house, I want the largest, fastest, deadliest round I can get, and as many as I can get.

You're misinformed 5.56mm is also known as it's virtually identical brother known as the .223. The 5.56mm round has the same diameter as the .22.

Fun factoid: as a kid, people who are currently in their 60's had parents with full auto M16s in their closets. What's changed since then? Obviously not the piece of metal, it's just people.

Need is simply your opinion. What really scares me isn't an AR-15, it's a 12 gauge shoutgun with 00 Buckshot. Go to YouTube and watch a ballistics gel test of that. Take a 5.56 to the torso, you'll probably live. Take a 12 gauge load of 00 buckshot and you're done for.

No they are not, as people are also not sane enough to drive, or be amongst the general public. Do bad things happen at gun ranges? Yes, bad things happen everywhere all the time. This is unavoidable. More people die on ATVs than at gun ranges I can assure you of that. It's a fact of life, everything is calculated risk. If one doesn't like the risk of a gun range, simply don't go. However, gun ranges are certainly safer than your drive to work by far. Proper instruction is absolutely critical when it comes to firearms, as with everything else in life, and there are many ways to get proper instruction so they are handled in a nearly harmless manner. Same goes for cars, chainsaws, lawnmowers, ect. IMHO, mental health is the biggest issue in America. There are a lot of crazy people doing lots of things, however mentioning guns is a favorite of media companies and makes them a butt ton of money because they've trained people to jump at the word. There are a lot of issues in America, and gun control isn't near the top of that list based on importance or occurrence.

Well, with ATVs you have the fact that is most likely that you could kill yourself, with a gun things change.

You guys should deal with the crazy ones because those are the reason some people don't like guns.

It only takes a few crazy morons to do stupid things to ruin your hobby.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.