Today's video was rushed... A lot...

Bob Jim

This latest video was a shambles. For starters, if you're doing a review on a 360mm rad, at least be arsed to get a case that supports it. Secondly, half the reason people watch cooler reviews is for noise levels. 'Not too loud' is not good enough. Even if you don't want or have the equipment to record decibel levels, at least compare the noise to other coolers. Thirdly, your graph literally randomly changed the numbers with no change in subject, a mistake which should have been picked up on when being watched for mistakes. Next, you say the cooler leaked, yet you glossed over it and provided a half-arsed excuse. If it leaks, THAT IS A MAJOR PROBLEM and should at least be mentioned in conclusion. Also, you glossed quickly over the lack of appropriate support for 2011-3, which is another flaw. You didn't show us any pics of it assembled (not necessary, but a nice touch), and you didn't compare temps to anything else, which would have been nice. You gave little thought to camera angles, something that a channel of your callibre should be able to do, compared to some other smaller channels (we all know which one).

This whole video seemed rushed and a quick, 'oh we need to get a video out so we can get money'. A one of is ok, but there have been slip ups in loads of videos recently. Please put some more effort into your videos @LinusTech

The editors are very busy with scrapyard wars it seems, it's the most demanded video after all.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Chill bro. The editors are pretty stressed I'm sure scrapyard wars is pretty demanded and needs to be perfect.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Chill bro. The editors are pretty stressed I'm sure scrapyard wars is pretty demanded and needs to be perfect.

The editors are very busy with scrapyard wars it seems, it's the most demanded video after all.

One of these mistakes could have been avoided by watching the 5 min video. 5 MINUTES. They have so many editors that they should be able to cope anyway. Also, the majority of stuff I pointed out had little to do with the editing and more to do with the planning and production of the video.

if you're so inclined to critique the video, why don't you make one yourself? surely if you can point out all of the nuances in today's video you obviously know what to do. Everyone want's scrapyard wars, so they probably put all of their manpower on that. I'd rather have great scrapyard wars content than a really good video on a rad i'm not going to buy. Demand is king in this situation.

One of these mistakes could have been avoided by watching the 5 min video. 5 MINUTES. They have so many editors that they should be able to cope anyway. Also, the majority of stuff I pointed out had little to do with the editing and more to do with the planning and production of the video.

Considering they have terabytes of long hours of footage even with all the video editors they are still stressed, especially considering they have 3 constants to film. People are more likely to miss things under pressure so it doesn't matter if they watch it once.

Anyhow as a Vessel user I will tell you that the quality will improve as Luke has done a cool project.

Pascal laptops guide

This latest video was a shambles. For starters, if you're doing a review on a 360mm rad, at least be arsed to get a case that supports it. Secondly, half the reason people watch cooler reviews is for noise levels. 'Not too loud' is not good enough. Even if you don't want or have the equipment to record decibel levels, at least compare the noise to other coolers. Thirdly, your graph literally randomly changed the numbers with no change in subject, a mistake which should have been picked up on when being watched for mistakes. Next, you say the cooler leaked, yet you glossed over it and provided a half-arsed excuse. If it leaks, THAT IS A MAJOR PROBLEM and should at least be mentioned in conclusion. Also, you glossed quickly over the lack of appropriate support for 2011-3, which is another flaw. You didn't show us any pics of it assembled (not necessary, but a nice touch), and you didn't compare temps to anything else, which would have been nice. You gave little thought to camera angles, something that a channel of your callibre should be able to do, compared to some other smaller channels (we all know which one).

This whole video seemed rushed and a quick, 'oh we need to get a video out so we can get money'. A one of is ok, but there have been slip ups in loads of videos recently. Please put some more effort into your videos @LinusTech

You mean the leak where a fitting came undone during the build process and can happen in any loop? Come on man, give up.

They pointed out the flaws, I don't get what your problem is.

if you're so inclined to critique the video, why don't you make one yourself? surely if you can point out all of the nuances in today's video you obviously know what to do. Everyone want's scrapyard wars, so they probably put all of their manpower on that. I'd rather have great scrapyard wars content than a really good video on a rad i'm not going to buy. Demand is king in this situation.

You mean the leak where a fitting came undone during the build process and can happen in any loop? Come on man, give up.

Chill he is just leaving critique and in a way better than many others (Yes I'm pointing to that guy that made the posts regarding product placements).

Pascal laptops guide

If he wants to critique the video, let him critique the video, sheesh.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I was a bit rushed, they probably needed to come up with more con's or plus's since Linus did this review on NCIX 3 weeks ago and they didn't want to copy it.

Only one editor is doing scrapyard wars, not the whole team.

Watch the video. Then, watch HardwareCanucks, JayzTwoCents and NCIXTT videos. Then, come back and tell me the review was good.

It was too short, not very helpful, and could have been done way better.

They're a professional company, it's perfectly OK to critique them. Most people don't make videos. Critics (for the most part) aren't creators. They half-assed a video and they're being called out.

Scrapyard Wars.

Not an excuse. They have more than 1 editor.

comment above^^

Again, not an excuse. They make videos exclusively, you think they'd take time on each video.

I used to be quite active here.

-snip-

Im sure they know they didn't spend a ton of time making a high quality video, like many others said they've been working on a lot of other content including scrapyard wars. 

They're done now, content quality should pick up. Just enjoy the fact they released the video, if you need acoustics levels go look at an article where they document it explicitly like pcper does. 

At least make some constructive comments man 

stressed with scrapyard wars ? what part 3 or 3004 ? less time into these 12 mins long scrapyard wars and more on new tech please

It would be actually pretty hard to find a case that supports this rad since 360 is the biggest size  in most cases and they MADE IT LARGER  AND THICKER at the section of the tube fitting, meaning you need a case that supports bigger then a 360 rad in the front or within range of the loop, which will be pretty nasty, since the only cases that I know of which support bigger then 360 rads got a seperate basement for these, which is NOT within the range of that.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Im sure they know they didn't spend a ton of time making a high quality video, like many others said they've been working on a lot of other content including scrapyard wars. 

They're done now, content quality should pick up. Just enjoy the fact they released the video, if you need acoustics levels go look at an article where they document it explicitly like pcper does. 

I don't think we should enjoy such a short and uninformative video.

Are you fucking kidding me?

The editors are probably working hard as well on Scrapyard Wars, that's a shitty argument.

You guys are all just saying "SCRAPYARD WARS!!" They have already released videos other then Scrapyard Wars that were good, and this one wasn't. Stop giving LTT excuses, you're so quick to defend people you like.

Are you fucking kidding me?

The editors are probably working hard as well on Scrapyard Wars, that's a shitty argument.

Its not a shitty argument, its a valid argument, the video did seem rushed, whats wrong with saying you have a problem with the latest video? is it because hes bad-mouthing a Linus video?

Its incredible that when someone leaves a valid and well worded opinion against a video the amount of people that shut the person down and bashes them without seeing their point of view astonishes me. 

Telling everyone what? This is LTT's forum, where you're supposed to critique them. Do you think Linus goes to Tomshardware.com to see how much people like his videos?

Oy. Telling everyone your opinion of this video, on a forum of fanboys who don't care at all haha.

If you think it sucked and want linus to know, pm him and tell him, vs start a thread of arguments on it like Bob did.

Thats what I'm trying to say, this thread shouldn't exist and people shouldn't be arguing about this. 

Opinions don't matter xD

-snip-

Ah so whats the point of making this thread? 

To tell LTT their video sucked? 

Im suuper sure they'll see this thread..

-snip-

Do you mean by exclusively as in one editor for each video?

Pascal laptops guide

Also, you glossed quickly over the lack of appropriate support for 2011-3, which is another flaw.

They said that 2011-3 wasnt supported and that they dont know why, how much more would you like? A haiku?

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

To give propose ways to improve the channel.

Pascal laptops guide

The staff is on the forum a lot, and I'm sure they'll see this thread. They've seen them before.

Do you mean by exclusively as in one editor for each video?

Exclusively as in they don't make other content, just videos.

This latest video was a shambles. For starters, if you're doing a review on a 360mm rad, at least be arsed to get a case that supports it. 

This is their standard test case. You just don't change that shit. Deal with it.

Secondly, half the reason people watch cooler reviews is for noise levels. 'Not too loud' is not good enough. Even if you don't want or have the equipment to record decibel levels, at least compare the noise to other coolers.

This I can give to you.

Thirdly, your graph literally randomly changed the numbers with no change in subject, a mistake which should have been picked up on when being watched for mistakes.

Never noticed that myself a week ago, but whatevs.

Next, you say the cooler leaked, yet you glossed over it and provided a half-arsed excuse. If it leaks, THAT IS A MAJOR PROBLEM and should at least be mentioned in conclusion. Also, you glossed quickly over the lack of appropriate support for 2011-3, which is another flaw.

True on both accounts.

You didn't show us any pics of it assembled (not necessary, but a nice touch), and you didn't compare temps to anything else, which would have been nice. You gave little thought to camera angles, something that a channel of your callibre should be able to do, compared to some other smaller channels (we all know which one).

Their hardware pr0ns were fine. Deal with it. And yes, comparisons to other coolers would have been nice.

Welcome to the commercial world, buddy. Everything is about money nowadays. If you can't deal with it, move to a remote island and don't rely on anyone else or do commerce with anyone.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)