South African student steals bus to get to school for exam

Linusinium

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/05/south-african-student-steals-bus-to-get-to-school-for-exam/http:/fxn.ws/1kd63Qw

A South African student who came to the rescue of his classmates by stealing a school bus so they wouldn’t miss their exams is now in big trouble with police. Le-Aan Adonis, 20, relies on a bus to get to school 19 miles away from his home in Hawston, but on his math exam day the bus driver never showed up for work, eNCA reports.

Personally, I think the fine should be smaller and there should be no permanent record as a result. Yes, he should be fined but "barely" if you ask me. The cause behind this mini GTA mission should not be forgotten, neither the fact that the bus driver that should have been driving that 19 miles trip never showed up for work.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

Lol.

Awesome, they should pay him for filling in... ;)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

B A S E D

I think he should be minimally fined. He did it not only for the good of himself, but his classmates.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Personally, I think the fine should be smaller and there should be no permanent record as a result. Yes, he should be fined but "barely" if you ask me. The cause behind this mini GTA mission should not be forgotten, neither the fact that the bus driver that should have been driving that 19 miles trip never showed up for work.

lol? the bus driver didnt show up so that makes it acceptable to steal a bus?? I think he should be charged more heavily.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

The worst thing about this is so many schools create an environment where people eventually get in a mindset where they will do things like this.  If you step back and look at it with some rational thought, it seems ridiculous, but in the heat of the moment, it seems perfectly reasonable and even necessary.  Trust me :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Sounds like a badass!

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

At least he was dedicated....

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

As someone who has to take the municipal bus system to get to classes, it doesn't surprise me that someone would steal a bus because the driver never showed up so they could get to class. Bussing can actually be pretty stressful (depending on how reliable your bus system is) because every once and a while the bus never shows up to get you to class, or especially in my case, the bus is just late enough that it pulls into the station as the connecting bus that would take you home leaves. And then the next one for that same route leaves an hour later so you have to either wait around bored out of your wits at the station where all the homeless people hang out, or you have to go walk somewhere and just wait there as well.

TL;DR Bussing can definitely be annoying enough that someone would steal a bus to get to class.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Eh no harm no foul

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers