Games that Really Moved You

LieutenantLime

If you will, share an experience where a game has moved you emotionally. Did you get misty eyed in the ending credits? Did you find out a chunk of wisdom that changed the way you thought? Share below.

I'll try to think of a better one, but as a young kid, I teared up finishing Ocarina of Time because I had spent a year trying to beat it.

There was one once. I forget what it is.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

For some reason Last of Us did that to me. Not sure why.

Otherwise... Not much has done the same, I'm probably immune to all of it since I've watched some animes that have absolutely destroyed me... Haha

There was one once. I forget what it is.

Damn must have moved you good :'D

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Right after I posted I remembered two of them. I played Runescape a lot, as it was the only way I could hang out with my older brother. Sometimes I get on Oldscgool Runescape and do a quest I remember doing as a 10 year old.

Twilight Princess is the game that led me to meet my best friend at the time, who I still talk to occasionally today. He was talking to a buddy of his about motion controls in TP, and I jumped in. For a while, he was the only friend I had.

Bioshock infinite

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

True story.

I Moved from Las Vegas to Seattle Washington. A year after I moved to Seattle, Fallout New Vegas came out. It made me homesick, and I moved back to Las Vegas.

How's that? :D

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Final Fantasy VII, Antichamber, Last of Us, Beyond Good & Evil, Dark Souls (the rage man, the rage), F.E.A.R., Mafia

There is quite a lot.

Mass Effect Trilogy for sure. And with the MEHEM modded ending for PC, thankfully, on my first playthrough.

It's the kind of game that's a bit of a slow burn - the first game has plenty of gameplay problems that might turn people off, and a lot of the characters seem quite wooden and one-dimentional at first. but then you keep playing, and you keep playing, the characters suprise you. The scope of the story changes over the course of the trilogy - it gets epic, then drops down to very intimate and personal interactions only to build back up again into something bigger than before. All the while, every choice you make feels like it matters. That character from the side quest that you didn't care about in Mass Effect 1? He shows up in 3, and remembers everything you said to him. Every little piece of the game rewards you, all the way up to that final battle for Earth.

A lot of people were disappointed by the vanilla and extended cut endings, and rightfully so - they tried to solve an impossible problem of choice vs linearity by trying to appeal to both, and failed. What the mod did is it game me just one ending - but a very satisfying one that properly tied up the epic. My choices mattered to my story, but not to the ending, and that's fine by me.

Lots of games have here is one that really did it, brothers: a tale of two sons

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - "That moment" (don't want to spoil it) because your actually playing it and not watching it through a cut scene, I found it brutal.

Mass effect 3 and the witcher 3

I romanced Thane in ME3..

And in the witcher you probably know what i'm talking about

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Crisis core i guess...

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

The Last of Us. Makes a man cry not 20 minutes into the game.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi