THIS is a disgrace to PC gaming

Overkilled

So I'm at Tesco looking at the games and this is what I see

post-196573-0-90759000-1446314909_thumb.

This went on for another half a row and guess what not even ONE fucking pc game.

PC games are not meant to be sold on shelves. PC gamers are (generally) more tech-savvy which is why they download their games.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

You ever used Steam before?

I know there is steam but I like collecting physical copies and getting all the stuff that comes with it (posters and shit)

I know there is steam but I like collecting physical copies and getting all the stuff that comes with it (posters and shit)

Then order a copy from Gamestop or something. Majority of the PC gamers just use Steam for their buying whereas console gamers generally need to go to the store to get their games simply because its easier to do it that way, and you have the benefit of bringing the game over to your buddy's house or whatever.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

PC gamers download game. They do not pick up games straight from the shelves. It's not 90s...

I agree, I like not having to wait for a download (my internet is super slow) also, I can download it instantly to any PC.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

I haven't seen PC games in a supermarket for years. In the Sainsbury's near my office they don't even stock Wii-U or DS3 games any more, just PS4 and XBone. I assume Game still stocks physical copies???

PC gamers don't care about discs?

Majority of people don't even own optical drives anymore so why would they bother selling physical copies

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Very few physical of games sell. They probably don't make enough money to warrant being on the shelves. That's the reality of pc gaming, where digital distribution is the name of the game.

Pretty much every stores I went to in the last 5 years, only had a tiny shelf of PC games, generally containing the latest games as well as the "best selling games" of the past couple years.

But then again, I don't buy physical copies of games. They are generally more expensive(either the game itself or because of taxes) than if I were to just buy the digital copy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Back in the day, this was the only way to get PC games. I miss those days but downloading them now is so much better. imo....

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

PC games are not meant to be sold on shelves. PC gamers are (generally) more tech-savvy which is why they download their games.

Yeah right.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Always sad when a lot of stores just stop stocking physical pc games.

Digital distribution is awesome. But we don't really own the games anymore..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yeah right.

Is that sarcasm?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

You know why this isn't a disgrace to PC gaming?

Because the majority of PC gamers buy their games online through steam or something.

If you're looking for a physical copy check Amazon, barely any places carry physical copies because its completely pointless.

Not really a disgrace. When was the last time you bought a physical copy of a PC game? I can count on one hand how many I've bought: D3 and the Reaper of Souls expansion (not sure of RoP counts as a game on it's own), Shadow of Mordor, Guild Wars 2, Assassin's Creed: Unity, and Skyrim.

Reason I bought them? Because Best Buy and Gamestop were having a sale (minus GW2, I bought that when it first came out) just to get rid of the PC copies and I got lucky enough to go in when there were enough left.

Also, you need to look at how many people are buying digital PC copies and how many are still buying physical console copies. Spoiler: there's still tons and tons of people on consoles who buy physical copies.

Is that sarcasm?

It is. I'd say that the amount of tech ignorance is the same on both sides. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Not really a disgrace. When was the last time you bought a physical copy of a PC game? I can count on one hand how many I've bought: D3 and the Reaper of Souls expansion (not sure of RoP counts as a game on it's own), Shadow of Mordor, Guild Wars 2, Assassin's Creed: Unity, and Skyrim.

Reason I bought them? Because Best Buy and Gamestop were having a sale (minus GW2, I bought that when it first came out) just to get rid of the PC copies and I got lucky enough to go in when there were enough left.

Also, you need to look at how many people are buying digital PC copies and how many are still buying physical console copies. Spoiler: there's still tons and tons of people on consoles who buy physical copies.

CivRome and Splinter Cell: Double Agent.  I remember that day... around 10 years ago?  :lol:

CivRome and Splinter Cell: Double Agent.  I remember that day... around 10 years ago?  :lol:

My first hard copy game was Warcraft 2.........wish i still had that!!!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

shitpost

One word for this topic...

USELESS

Two words for those posts:

NOT NECESSARY 

@op, game dev's and publishers have no need to go physical for PC's, as many people have said before PC gamers are either too poor for a console (or their parents etc) so they get free games on steam or they are tech savvy enough to use steam properly. Also amazon is more useful for pc games (physical) than a store, you'll get all the extra shiet you want too and you only have to wait a day or two, that's for if someone has horrible internet (@Darkman) and can't wait DAYS for steam download to finish

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

My first hard copy game was Warcraft 2.........wish i still had that!!!

I remember a chain-store called Microplay here in Toronto.  We could actually rent PC games.  A lot of the time the game would run straight off your drive after installation:  TES: Arena was one I have fond memories of.