THIS is a disgrace to PC gaming

Overkilled

This explains it all.

935.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

I beg to differ. Evidently it was necessary if people clicked that like button, fam.

ROASTED

Well if this thread go any replies, that means people gave a shit

ROASTED(ish)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

a few of mine that survived over the years....

post-9191-0-77819500-1446322832_thumb.jp

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

a few of mine that survived over the years....

I have a bin under my bed full of disks.  I did not keep boxes.  Watching that video @Misanthrope

posted made me feel like opening it up... but no... It is heavy and awkward. 

I know I have the first two in your picture.  ;)

Tesco is a super market, you muppet. They're not exactly going to stock PC games when the majority in the UK will be using Steam. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I have a bin under my bed full of disks.  I did not keep boxes.  Watching that video @Misanthrope

posted made me feel like opening it up... but no... It is heavy and awkward. 

I know I have the first two in your picture.  ;)

Rogue Spear my fav shooter of all time! Top clan 2 years in a row on MPlayer......omg MPlayer miss that too

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

You know why this isn't a disgrace to PC gaming?

Because the majority of PC gamers buy their games online through steam or something.

If you're looking for a physical copy check Amazon, barely any places carry physical copies because its completely pointless.

I don't know about you but I like having lots of game covers to collect it works towards you when you want to sell your pc as well

Does anyone actually have a DVD drive any more?

Don't think i've used one for over 3 years, haven't owned a laptop that has one in that long either, most disk PC games still require a steam download too.

So I'm at Tesco looking at the games and this is what I see

This went on for another half a row and guess what not even ONE fucking pc game.

So you are in a shop looking for a game, worse still, a supermarket at that... no I am afraid that it is YOU who is the disgrace to pc gaming.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Don't think i've used one for over 3 years, haven't owned a laptop that has one in that long either, most disk PC games still require a steam download too.

I have one, some where lol

I still have one in my PC.  Last time I used it was to view a set of my mom's X-Rays a few years ago.

There's other stores in your country that sell PC games, and just because one doesn't you lose your shit?  xD

Well, it's called a tantrum really. My kids do it all the time  :lol:

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

But also, Tesco prices are horrendous, why would you want to pay extra, when you could go on amazon, get next day and pay a fraction of the price, don't get it. 

I've worked in general retail for a long time and during my time I've noticed trends in the products that they sell on the Games and Electrical Departments, They are targeting the mass market, PC Gaming for the most part aren't a easy to sell to Mass Market. Generally consumers will buy consoles due to their affordability, ease of use and great game selection. With how strong Digital Distribution is for PC Gaming and the general tech savvy audience of the PC Gaming market there is no real option for general retail stores like Tesco, Asda WalMart ect to hit this market which would make more money than just having more space for Console Games.

Simple as that.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Honestly man, if you want games go to a game store, not...whatever Tesco is, supermarket ? 

It is a supermarket but it's a little worse because its often the place where the local chav 'massive' hangs out bullying old people.

One word for this topic...

USELESS

but its off topic you can post whatever hurr durr ye this is a post that would better fit on r/pcmasterrace

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

There's nothing more fun than walking into a Gamestop, picking up a Steam Wallet card, and going to the counter and watching them try to sell me some console-related garbage. "COD? People still play that crap? Assassin's Creed? A new one? Just like every other AC game? Nah, I'll pass. New Far Cry game? No guns this time? Prehistoric?! WTF?! Thank god I have a pc!"

I love rustling their jimmies.  

i7 3820 -- 8 GB RAM -- Zotac GTX 970

People doing this is really starting to do my nut in.

Snipped - This gentleman (or lady) typed 'USELESS' in an unnecessarily large font.

I wouldn't call it a disgrace, OP, just the times are changing. The idea isn't that much different from ordering your groceries online (which I'm still partially reluctant to do).
Anyway, I'll regale you with a post of my first ever PC game.

cvwDhhV.jpg

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3

It's not any store I wouldn't post it if it was some normal size store I wouldn't be bothered but this is (as far I'm aware) one of the biggest supermarkets in Europe the point is this isn't just one giant ass row but one and a half rows that's like over 100 games there yet not even 1 pc game. Thats the point (almost two full rows of xbone and ps4 games)

It's not any store I wouldn't post it if it was some normal size store I wouldn't be bothered but this is (as far I'm aware) one of the biggest supermarkets in Europe the point is this isn't just one giant ass row but one and a half rows that's like over 100 games there yet not even 1 pc game. Thats the point (almost two full rows of xbone and ps4 games)

and if pc games sold in the store in the past they'd continue to stock them, but they don't.

Not that many people use disks anymore for PC games.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Walmart Has Like A Small Shelf Of Them,Maily GTAV,Sims,And MMO's

I know there is steam but I like collecting physical copies and getting all the stuff that comes with it (posters and shit)

Oh common now.  You can still get the preorder digital poster bonus with your download, it's just as good...unless you want to send it off to a specially shop to print and frame it for 100 bucks, cause digital copy rights and shite probably won't let you.  So other than posting up your digital poster, it's the same.  Stop being all "poor people" and just buy more monitors to hang up all around in your gameroom to display digital posters.

Whoever came up with calling an image a digital poster and started pedaling it as anything more than a slap in the face should be lined up and shot.  eff'ing marketers.

Most of my games are digital but I actually prefer physical copies.