(Very late) Don't get the Kingston SSDNow SSDs

PlayStation 2

I've been seeing way too many posts that contain the SSDNow series of SSDs.

DON'T get them. Their memory controller and actual R/W speeds are awful, and sometimes can be compared to a hard drive.

Kingston, after they sent the review SSDs out, switched the memory controllers to Micron (iirc) and were MUUUUUCH slower than the original shipment.

It's a very late PSA which might be well needed.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

i'll keep that in mind

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

I really don't see why anyone would ever get an SSD not from Samsung or Crucial. Intel and SanDisk are alright too.

You're the king of slow!

nBRWsXV.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I really don't see why anyone would ever get an SSD not from Samsung or Crucial. Intel and SanDisk are alright too.

OCZ? They make great ones (expensive, though.)

I used to be quite active here.

always wanted an amd radeon r7 ssd :P

Same. But, they're too expensive. A 850 PRO is better, but more expensive. An 850 EVO isn't much of a downgrade.

I used to be quite active here.

kkk

EDIT- Well shit. Now look what I've done.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I got my v300, with mounting hardware and adapter, for $50 last black friday. I can't stand it when people tell me it's a horrible SDD - for the price it is certainly worth it. So what if it get 180 Mb/s? That's 1.8 times faster than my hard drive. Nvidia's promised crazy performance on pascal, but if that turns out to be around a 1.8X improvement instead of the 10X promised literally nobody would care.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

You're the king of slow!

nBRWsXV.png

Sass overload.

Don't start a post without pc specs.

I got my v300, with mounting hardware and adapter, for $50 last black friday. I can't stand it when people tell me it's a horrible SDD - for the price it is certainly worth it. So what if it get 180 Mb/s? That's 1.8 times faster than my hard drive. Nvidia's promised crazy performance on pascal, but if that turns out to be around a 1.8X improvement instead of the 10X promised literally nobody would care.

But it is a horrible SSD, from a company that deceived their customers.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

http://www.overclock.net/t/1457629/psa-about-the-kingston-v300-ssd-probable-foul-play-by-kingston

^This

And if Nvidia gives 10 times as fast GPU's to reviewers and actually sell the 1.8 times as fast GPU's, that wouldn't be right too?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This was a thing a year ago, pretty sure it's been fixed in the newer revisions...

Were there any statements by kingston or any reviews on the later revisions? A confirmation would be nice. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case