[Updated 11/4/15] Fallout 4 to NOT feature Nvidia Gameworks, but Nvidia is still working with Bethesda on the game.

ChrisxIxCross

In case anyone doesn't know. Go play unmodded Morrowind on even the Xbox. The water looks fucking awesome considering the time period and hardware it ran on. That shit blew me away when I first saw it. 

If anyone is lazy

http://www.kehlet.cx/images/morrowind/ScreenShot%2066.jpg

Why does Nvidia get blamed for this?

Isn't it the devs fault for not implementing Nvidia features properly?

Doesn't EA also have some special Nvidia stuff in their games. Don't they run better on AMD?

So long as there is an option to disable all this extra stuff in the game i see no foul.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

photo-85015.gif?_r=1427975278

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

What exactly is stopping AMD from working with game developers? 

Seems like no foul to me. 

I think it's less of working with and more working for. I'm guessing bethesda developers couldn't get the resource to develop the ray effect themselves so it's easier and probably cheaper to get it from nvidia. Nvidia has a lot more devs and amd gets the boot. It's business. I hope they will have the function to turn it off. If yes I don't have any problems.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Why does Nvidia get blamed for this?

Isn't it the devs fault for not implementing Nvidia features properly?

Doesn't EA also have some special Nvidia stuff in their games. Don't they run better on AMD?

Shhhh don't say such things. They'll hear you.

Care to elaborate?

MUCH MUCH Much better optimization on AMD cards on Battlefront thanks to EA working closer with AMD than Nvidia. The AMD cards perform so well compared to their Nvidia counterpart that the Nvidia cards almost seem nerfed...

MUCH MUCH Much better optimization on AMD cards on Battlefront thanks to EA working closer with AMD than Nvidia. The AMD cards perform so well compared to their Nvidia counterpart that the Nvidia cards almost seem nerfed...

Really? Because from the benchmarks I've seen, the performance curves are normal.

Oh, never heard of this.

Oh well, I guess AMD has to do what they have to do.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I think it's less of working with and more working for. I'm guessing bethesda developers couldn't get the resource to develop the ray effect themselves so it's easier and probably cheaper to get it from nvidia. Nvidia has a lot more devs and amd gets the boot. It's business. I hope they will have the function to turn it off. If yes I don't have any problems.

Even if that is the case, where's the foul? 

If they don't have the resources to implement features they want, the dev should look elsewhere. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Really? Because from the benchmarks I've seen, the performance curves are normal.

They arent, go check out Digital Foundry, AMD takes the lead by almost 30FPS In some cases...

Oh, never heard of this.

Oh well, I guess AMD has to do what they have to do.

AMD does this, we cant blame Nvidia for doing the same then :P

"Nvidia's at it again!" and now fans from both side will be at it again. Thanks, OP.

It's a good thing i almost maxed out my vault in Fallout Shelter. Something tells me i am never going to be able to leave it.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Even if that is the case, where's the foul? 

If they don't have the resources to implement features they want, the dev should look elsewhere. 

I completely agree, not to mention that there is twice more gamers with nvidia card than amd. I myself have amd and don't see the point to start the flame wars...

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

AMD does this, we cant blame Nvidia for doing the same then :P

Let's be honest, the last time they've fucked a game over was Tomb Raider and that was meh at its launch

Dirt Showdown runs the same on AMD and Nvidia, and any games on the Frostbite engine run better ONLY because AMD did have a hand in developing it, along with DICE.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Meh. I couldn't care less. Having as stable 60fps is much more important to me than having slightly better lighting. 

There's going to be mods that do it better than Nvidia anyway. 

They arent, go check out Digital Foundry, AMD takes the lead by almost 30FPS In some cases...

I follow them, and I've seen all of their videos.

The performance curves are normal.

O M F G pink lambo colored linus staffer nicklmg in comments ??!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Let's be honest, the last time they've fucked a game over was Tomb Raider and that was meh at its launch

Dirt Showdown runs the same on AMD and Nvidia, and any games on the Frostbite engine run better ONLY because AMD did have a hand in developing it, along with DICE.

EA works closer with AMD, like Bethesda Is working closer with Nvidia, I dont see why people are bitching about Nvidia doing this when AMD Is doing the EXACT SAME THING....

EA works closer with AMD, like Bethesda Is working closer with Nvidia, I dont see why people are bitching about Nvidia doing this when AMD Is doing the EXACT SAME THING....

Just like Nvidia likes to pour salt on "AMD uses more power and goes to 95c", AMD uses the excuse of "Nvidia gimps our cards"

Trust me, I was like that and kinda am still like that to this day :(

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just to clarify, I did not read anything suggesting these graphical effects won't be able to run on amd hardware.  Did I miss something?  The only issue is that since nvidia gave the assist, they made heavier use of tessellation to achieve the desired effect, which will hit most amd cards more than modern nvidia cards.

Hopefully this is not a gameworks effect though so the source code can be accessed by amd.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I follow them, and I've seen all of their videos.

The performance curves are normal.