What do you guys do for money?

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm 14 and live in England. I always want to improve my setup and PC but

have no source of income to supply this!

I'm just wondering if you guys have any ideas what I can do (that's reasonable, not dog walking lets be real) for money.

I'm up for most things so spam me with help if you so wish!

All the best!

inb4 sell your body

dont do that

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Look for part-time vacancies in your area. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Step 1. Beg for 200 dollars.

Step 2. Buy a 200 dollar gift card.

Step 3. Learn programming with your laptop/computer

Step 4. put ads up on google addpsace and say if you need a coder come to you

Step 5. Take on peoples coding desires

Step 6. Filthy rich.

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Make the most out of my student loan. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I currently work retail at a local tech store. Well, I did. I was given a promotion not long ago to department manager, which is nice. Also came with a, more than hefty raise :3

Besides that I've done graphical work (despite what i've shown here on the forum, I do actually make quite professional works) and for a time I ran a series of game servers under Keltek Gaming, now defunct because college takes up a lot more of my time than I want it too. there was a point where me and my group were making like 300$ a mo/ ea from donators, after we paid off for server rental space... those where the days :3

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

suck dick.... no jk mate but i usually like do 'summer work' so when its summer u get that extra cash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)....

or lets be logical get to know an adult with a store and the nask to work there..

MONEY MONEY ALL THAT MONEY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm 14 and live in England. I always want to improve my setup and PC but

have no source of income to supply this!

I'm just wondering if you guys have any ideas what I can do (that's reasonable, not dog walking lets be real) for money.

I'm up for most things so spam me with help if you so wish!

All the best!

My ass pays the bills. Actually, when I was your age I mostly did chores and small things for neighbors, like mowing lawns, gardening, PC repair, etc.. When I was older I got real jobs.

Edit: @themaniac lol

What's wrong with waliing dogs? Its a job and it makes money.

Other than that you can mowe lawns for people and do other ad. hoc. jobs.

Personally, I work as an intern at a law firm and I have my own business doing networking for business.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Make the most out of my student loan. 

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA

that moment when you realize you waisted your student loan on a macbook 

iCim4eXE.jpeg

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

suck dick.... no jk mate but i usually like do 'summer work' so when its summer u get that extra cash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)....

or lets be logical get to know an adult with a store and the nask to work there..

MONEY MONEY ALL THAT MONEY ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HOW

HOW IS THE LENNY NOT DISTORTED

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA

that moment when you realize you waisted your student loan on a macbook 

Replace macbook with quadcopter parts and that pretty much sums up my predicament. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Part Time in a butchers :)  

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

When I was your age I was working at a Ghost Town teaching people how to pan for gold. I got paid $5 an hour under the table. When I wasn't working there I was making money anyway I could. Walking dogs, cleaning yards, shoveling horse poop, clearing out junk, helping fix computers. Basically when you're at an age where you can't really get a job yet because places won't hire you that young, if you want to make money, you need to be willing to do whatever it is people are paying. Ask friends, family, neighbors and just about anyone if they need something done. You'll make some cash here and there but you save it and it adds up. Do this now and you'll develop a good work ethic. That will do you a lot of good when you get older. No one likes a lazy worker.

Good Luck!

summer jobs FTW iv done it for two years and i have gotten a bunch of money, that i then have spent on my computer. all of it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I same would want to work in a local tech store but one im under the age of being paid and two school :(

(summer) jobs

you're old enough

I've built my computer from summer jobs (no regrets) ;)

Work.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Any small jobs, like what's been mentioned here already: mow lawns, do chores, be a cleaner... All that kind of stuff, since at that age it's near impossible to get an actual job or even a part-time job, unless you have some really good connections. You could also sell some stuff you have what you don't need (also make sure the stuff you sell are actually your own; family might not be too happy about selling for example your bed).

As for what I do... Nothing. My main source of income is studying grants, and apart from that there's only collecting returnable bottles and cans to the store, which only yields maybe 5€ per plastic bag if lucky, but the people here have gotten so clean lately, that there's no bottles nor cans littered anywhere anymore.

I'm still in high school (but apparently that excuse is invalid, according to majority of people here on LTT...). There's no jobs even for over 18 year-olds in this miserable little village I live, can't afford to move and even if I could afford to, I can't do that for 2 years from now (so I'll be 20 until I can finally haul *ss to some city). Also I don't get anything from doing aforementioned small jobs like lawn mowing; too poor family to give pocket money for such things... Sometimes the cards life hands to you are just so bad there's no way you can't play them right, yet folding is not an option.  #PovertyLifeBestLife (not)

/rant

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Ask me mum, until november where i will receive the outrageous amount of 200 USD per month for serving in the IDF .

:/

Dance erotically on a pole

have an erotic pole dance on you.

- snip-