EK has a water block for your Intel 750 Series SSD

Close are the days of a truly "full" water cooled pc.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

To all the people who say it has no use when they get too hot they slow down.

Only like 5% or so as I've heard, they will still be super sonic fast even with that performance decrease. But if I was doing a ridiculous build, this would probably be included. Whatever is available is the limit, right?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

You better start with a waterblock for these NVMe M.2 drives, they overheat all the time in stress tests.

The cooler on the Intel 750 is quite capable even with no airflow at all. My one is usually ~50℃ (add in versio, vertical mounted for better cooling).

Edit: but when sandwiched between two hot GPS it could make sense.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

well watercooling is become more and more like an aesthetic thing anyways, so having an option to watercool every pci-e card is kinda neat and helps achieving a more uniform look

Didn't an NVMe SSD device have serious slowdown from thermal throttling?  Why not make a waterblock for that?

First reaction: Cool!

Second reaction: ...but why?

Can't think of any performance related reason to do this, but some might buy it just for bragging rights...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Didn't an NVMe SSD device have serious slowdown from thermal throttling? Why not make a waterblock for that?

Cause waterblocks on an m.2 device literally kills the point of the m.2 device in the first place. (But they could do it, it just might not fit with every or even most motherboard(s))

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Well I understand gut reaction is "Why?" but if you think about it, the speeds are only going to go up and here's the important part: ultra high performance ssds are usually inside of servers which have extremely good (and also extremely loud) cooling solution on case anyway.

As faster and faster SSDs make it to the consumer market, they will eventually surpass passive cooling and even air cooling. Let us not forget that only 10 years ago a GPU cooler looked like this

gecube-x800pro-scan-front.jpg

And now it might look like this:

Asus%2BSTRIX%2BR9%2BFury%2BDirect%2BCU%2

So an air cooling solution could have worked sure, but let's face it if you're putting Intel 750s on your right the chances are you're in the market that heavily overlaps with custom water cooling: EK knows this and probably did extensive research before releasing this.

-------

Current Rig

-------

So an air cooling solution could have worked sure, but let's face it if you're putting Intel 750s on your right the chances are you're in the market that heavily overlaps with custom water cooling: EK knows this and probably did extensive research before releasing this.

Actually intel came to EKWB and asked if they would make a block for it, not the other way around this time. When the 750 pci-e series gets to hot, it throttles. That is why it has a intel stock look to the block then EKWB usual CSQ look.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Crap, double post :( I hate when that happens.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Looks like someone's nerd dream is going to finally come through.

100% watercooled build xD, now lets have a watercooled psu and ram.

But on a serious note, holy shit that's cool.

EK-RAM-Dominator-Module-Adapter---Black-

SilentMaxx-Fanless-Watercooled-600W-PSU-

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Actually intel came to EKWB and asked if they would make a block for it, not the other way around this time. When the 750 pci-e series gets to hot, it throttles. That is why it has a intel stock look to the block then EKWB usual CSQ look.

Makes sense though at the speed and for the density this devices have passive cooling on consumer cases would be problematic

-------

Current Rig

-------

But Why?

post-237181-0-37185600-1444675486.gif

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

no ssd's cant be overclocked.

You're forgetting that 730 series SSDs from Intel are overclocked S3500/S3700 SSDs. Those SSDs run hot... Speaking from experience due to laptop burns.

I was stupid to put a 730 in a laptop but hey, it runs like a champ.

Adopting the platform from the DC S3500/S3700, the SSD 730 is Intel's first fully in-house designed client drive since the SSD 320. The SSD 730 is not just a rebranded enterprise drive, though, as both the controller and NAND interface are running at higher frequencies for increased peak performance. While the branding suggests that this is an enterprise drive like the SSD 710, Intel is marketing the SSD 730 directly to consumers and the DC S3xxx along with the 900 series remain as Intel's enterprise lineups. And in a nod to enthusiasts, the SSD 730 adopts the Skulltrail logo to further emphasize that we are dealing with some serious hardware here.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7803/intel-ssd-730-480gb-review

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

some people use external radiators and so if they build in a case with no airflow they need to water cool everything, however this is exceedingly niche

3: Do lower temps help out life expectancy?

Not by any factor you could measure.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

A completely unnecessary product, I love it.

I imagine there are a lot who agree lol.

EK make the nicest looking blocks. 

do want. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Neat.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650