"Everybody is moving to Mac"

TopWargamer

higher GPA, more schools like dat yo

I can still get a high GPA in regular classes...I just need to do well...

COMIC SANS

I can still get a high GPA in regular classes...I just need to do well...

nope, you can only get up to 4.0, AP a 6.0

I just really don't want to see someone where they don't belong, you should really think about staying in AP :)

These were the words muttered by one of my teachers today. All I could do was give her the nod of shame. 

OGFqHQ8.png

Do you think that "everybody is moving to Mac"?

Did you show your teacher this graph?

One of my mates in particular loves his stupid mac despite me pointing out that as far as money for value goes he could have got something much better.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

nope, you can only get up to 4.0, AP a 6.0

I just really don't want to see someone where they don't belong, you should really think about staying in AP :)

Honestly, I don't even know if I would be able to get pass a 4.0. If I try hard enough, I can get close, but due to my grades from last year, I don't think I'll be getting a 4.0 when I graduate.

>.>

Plus, for me to get Florida Bright Futures, I need a 3.0 or higher. Fun fact: Bright Futures pays for either 75% or 100% of your college for up to 4 years in any college in Florida. The only requirements are that you need a 3.0 or higher GPA and you need to be able to pass the Bright Futures exam. The better you do on it, the better of a chance you have of them paying for 100% of your college.

:D

COMIC SANS

Did you show your teacher this graph?

One of my mates in particular loves his stupid mac despite me pointing out that as far as money for value goes he could have got something much better.

Honestly you are right about the value, but have you ever owned one ? If you did you would love it.

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Honestly, I don't even know if I would be able to get pass a 4.0. If I try hard enough, I can get close, but due to my grades from last year, I don't think I'll be getting a 4.0 when I graduate.

>.>

Plus, for me to get Florida Bright Futures, I need a 3.0 or higher. Fun fact: Bright Futures pays for either 75% or 100% of your college for up to 4 years in any college in Florida. The only requirements are that you need a 3.0 or higher GPA and you need to be able to pass the Bright Futures exam. The better you do on it, the better of a chance you have of them paying for 100% of your college.

:D

if you get a 90 in an AP class, it weighs differently to a regular class

plus, regular classes drive you fucking insane, I was bored out of my mind

I'm taking APUSH next year (IB) so you have the least of concern right now :(

I hate non-ap classes, but for english I'm bad at writing essays. This year I have 3 pre-APs in high school and one IT class. 

APUSH is (soon to be 'was') what I'm taking now. 

COMIC SANS

I hate non-ap classes, but for english I'm bad at writing essays. This year I have 3 pre-APs in high school and one IT class. 

I have 3 ap and one IB, I really want to drop IB as it's ridiculously time consuming, and AP English is fun, I have the best memories in that class, making projects like this one :D

APUSH is (soon to be 'was') what I'm taking now. 

but I'm taking it as a sophomore :(

APUSH should be fine for you because it ain't that hard compared to the IB equivalent 

I have 3 ap and one IB, I really want to drop IB as it's ridiculously time consuming, and AP English is fun, I have the best memories in that class, making projects like this one :D

lol that was funny. My friends who had AP english last year said that the best part was writing a new scene to replace one in romeo and Juliet, but they would probably rather do what you did.

lol that was funny. My friends who had AP english last year said that the best part was writing a new scene to replace one in romeo and Juliet, but they would probably rather do what you did.

yeah, we had a pretty cool teacher that let us do that, so fun, I only voice acted for one part doe

Now that steve jobs is gone apple have been going down a slope and end up like they were before steve jobs came back.

I agree I think apple is going to have a tough road ahead the new ios with the icons and colors jobs is prob rolling in the grave over the new screen size still this would have been too much!

I only know one person who owns a Mac, so no, I don't think everybody is moving to Mac. :)  She deserved the shameful nod.

I know four people. My cousin, my uncle, my best friend and myself. My best friend and I strongly advise people to build their own, and we also have our own rigs.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

"Everybody is moving to Mac"

Said no pro ever.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

yeah, we had a pretty cool teacher that let us do that, so fun, I only voice acted for one part doe

I want the physics teacher who for a final project his kids ran a space industry through kerbal space program and one year made a small railgun.

I want the physics teacher who for a final project his kids ran a space industry through kerbal space program and one year made a small railgun.

that would be baller haha

I wont lie, I do have apple products, but their laptops are pretty decent. and for coolege/uni work a MBP isnt all that bad of a choice, they last long, and they run better.

how ever, being a gamer, id rather a decent gaming laptop. but for general light use such as typing/watching videos and browsing the internet MBP are a good choice, the price tag isnt, but the machines are.

besides, as mentioned most students get a discount on stuff like MBP so they can pick em up for a half decent price.

Edit:

I should add, Seeing students trying to type in class on an Ipad is funny. just watch them get all pissed because they keep misspelling words or the screen flips on them while typing, always entertaining to watch.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

She's right to an extent. Mac is growing faster than PC.

Now i'll show YOU this :P

apple%20wwdc%202013%20cook%20mac%20versu

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

She's right to an extent. Mac is growing faster than PC.

Now i'll show YOU this :P

apple%20wwdc%202013%20cook%20mac%20versu

IS that market share, company value, profit margins.  15% growth of a 7% market share is significantly less than a 3% growth on a 93% market share.

The graph means nothing without some qualification.

As far as it goes. In reality Apple market share is growing, which means the others have to be either stationary or shrinking. What will tell us more will be what that 36% that use XP will do when MS stops supporting it. Will they upgrade to win 7/8 or jump ship and go with Ubuntu/apple?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

why is xp rated more? isn't it getting retired on aug 8/14 of 2014? i heard so..( to support windows 8)

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

IS that market share, company value, profit margins.  15% growth of a 7% market share is significantly less than a 3% growth on a 93% market share.

The graph means nothing without some qualification.

As far as it goes. In reality Apple market share is growing, which means the others have to be either stationary or shrinking. What will tell us more will be what that 36% that use XP will do when MS stops supporting it. Will they upgrade to win 7/8 or jump ship and go with Ubuntu/apple?

It's growth (even says that :P) Not market share. Macs make a small percentage of the market, but it's growing quicker than "PC"

I think it's unlikely people will jump to Linux or OS X. If OS X was sold as an OS without hardware, then i think everyone would be on it already.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

why is xp rated more? isn't it getting retired on aug 8/14 of 2014? i heard so..( to support windows 8)

Because it still does everything most companies need plus most proprietary software was designed for it, so there is no need to upgrade and hence the % still in use.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.