"Everybody is moving to Mac"

TopWargamer

Can't speak for businesses, but as far as Government goes, most computers are on XP and in the process of hardware upgrades to Windows 7. Current work laptop is a Dell Latitude E4300 which is pretty old by today's standards.

OS X is a good operating system by itself, due to the Unix-like feel to it. It's also built around some open-source components.

yep thats what I was getting at may companies ive worked on stuff for are still on XP, may P4's there was even one that had a P3. Some bigger ones that try to stay up to date are on 7 but thats uncommon even id your pretty big from what ive seen

im not saying OS X is bad just that if your more of a windows person I dont see why you would pick it over vista. I also personally think that OS X is going futher from its unix background every year. Its already lost a fair amount of its support from professionals which I never understood once many apps made it to PC.

Honestly you are right about the value, but have you ever owned one ? If you did you would love it.

I used them at school, they were okay then.

But seriously meh, just hate my mates fanboy-ness.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

Are you keeping OS X? Or installing Windows or a Linux distro?

yay for mentioning linux

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Their laptops are beautifully made, so ideally id love an apple mac. Thinking of getting one for when i go to university, theyre cool, light and very nice looking. Its a shame that apple overcharge for everything! Their markup is crazy.

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Their laptops are beautifully made, so ideally id love an apple mac. Thinking of getting one for when i go to university, theyre cool, light and very nice looking. Its a shame that apple overcharge for everything! Their markup is crazy.

Get a thinkpad their cooler and more durable!

Get a thinkpad their cooler and more durable!

haha, i may end up getting something like that if i cant scrounge the money! wanted to water cool my system before i went off to uni aswell!

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

If by "everybody" you mean 1% of all computer users, then yes.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Your teacher is high, that would mean that ALL school districts would have to buy macs.

and considering districts making teacher cuts, I highly doubt they would end up buying Macs. Since they would have to hire someone else that is an "expert" in the field of the Apple OS like OS X.

The Syndicate

I didn't saw any links in "fast forward" this thread, but maybe this will be useful:

http://gs.statcounter.com/#os-ww-monthly-201207-201307-bar

You can see all sorts of interesting statistics here, from screen resolutions, OS, Browser and timeline you want (last year, 30 fays, 2010-2011 etc. etc.), globally or regionally (by country) for every statistic.

In last one year:

Windows 7: 52.67%

Windows XP: 24.61%

MacOSX: 7.35%

etc.

etc.

It can help to follow current or "long term" trend for any statistic you want (if that site is accurate).

Lots of "general users" are moving to the apple eco-system.

Usually (when you ask) the only barrier between a general user / student and getting a mac book is the price. They will do everything those people need. Have great build quality and great product support.

There is a perception that macs last longer than pcs, which at a hardware level we here know to be untrue. In terms of longer-term operating system stability I'm not sure as I haven't used a mac or serviced one, but the general public's pcs running windows become sluggish and infected with clusterfucks of malware.