"Everybody is moving to Mac"

TopWargamer

These were the words muttered by one of my teachers today. All I could do was give her the nod of shame. 

OGFqHQ8.png

Do you think that "everybody is moving to Mac"?

COMIC SANS

I only know one person who owns a Mac, so no, I don't think everybody is moving to Mac. :)  She deserved the shameful nod.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Now that steve jobs is gone apple have been going down a slope and end up like they were before steve jobs came back.

As @Jamdude said, I only know one person with a Mac, this isn't happening.

Also, it's Mac OS X, your teacher is wrong, a Mac is a device.

It made propably on overall sales and a lot of US schools/college tend to buy Macs soo thats why propably its soo high plus it "cool" to have Apple (not my words). XP is still staying strong i see and failure in 8 is basicly no start button.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

No cuz I am not and neither are just about all of my friends.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

I dont think this is happening, however now I have a PC I wouldnt mind having a Macbook Air. 

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

These were the words muttered by one of my teachers today. All I could do was give her the nod of shame.

OGFqHQ8.png

Out of curiosity, are you in AP?

Error: 410

I wouldnt mind having a Macbook Air. 

Evildoer! Get back devil!

Ministry of StopIt!

OGFqHQ8.png

Apple only sells Mac OS with it's own products. They don't license it. Windows however, it licensed to everyone basically. So that chart is kind of an unfair comparison in my opinion. How many license of Windows are sold to people who build their own PC? A lot less. Dell offers Ubuntu now. Imagine if every OEM had their own OS.

XP is a second majority. Windows 7 is majority. How many people actually upgrade? Not many. Mac OS X generally has more of a reason to upgrade than Windows does, and it also cheaper.

Majority of people don't buy Microsoft products. If Microsoft were to create it's own computer (like say the Surface), most people probably wouldn't buy it.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Getting a new MBP :P

If Microsoft were to create it's own computer

Its like saying EA gonna make a good game.

Ministry of StopIt!

When I was at college, it seemed like nearly everyone on campus had an MBP.. When people had their laptops out in lecture, easily 90% of them would be MBPs.

If the teacher is just looking at what the people in their class are using, it would definitely appear to them that "everyone is moving to mac"..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Getting a new MBP :P

but does it have the retina screen because if it does then I understand why. Also the build quality of mac laptops are better than most vendors laptops. 

im building a banana... (Hackintosh)... it will have Windows 7/blue for its prim OS though

Character artist in the Games industry.

Everybody is also jumping off a bridge.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Many college students get it because there's a "large discount' on them and because it's cool to own one. if you go into a class, many of them are going to be taking notes on either their Macbooks or iPads, and they'll be texting their peers with their iPhones. 

They're hip, and Apple has a way of making their products all they know, kind of like how Linus makes many of his viewers believe that EA is somewhere near being the gaming antichrist.

Out of curiosity, are you in AP?

I am in an AP class this year, but I'm going to drop it and take the regular version of the class instead. It's too much work for me right now. I don't want to get home and work on my AP homework for the rest of the night (which is what I currently do). 

COMIC SANS

Are you keeping OS X? Or installing Windows or a Linux distro?

We must know this before we decide to disown or not to disown Windspeed.

;)

COMIC SANS

Evildoer! Get back devil!

It's a great product and not overpriced in any way , no sarcasm it's basically an ultrabook and almost all ultrabooks are around that price also it looks and feels awesome due to the unibody alluminum design apple uses. 

Interested in Business and Technology

If this is true, then it should be a lot easier to sell my iMac. LOL 

Couple things:

Firstly, China's computer base is like 70-80% Windows XP. So they account for a large portion of that graph (largest population in a country in the world).

Secondly, do not take notes on a computer. Ever. Your grades will drop accordingly.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I love my mac

bought another one today...

but if I had a choice between my macs or my pc

the macs would dieeeeeeeeee...  :mellow: 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point