"Everybody is moving to Mac"

TopWargamer

It's growth (even says that :P) Not market share. Macs make a small percentage of the market, but it's growing quicker than "PC"

growth of what though?  You still haven't given me a qualifier for the information.  it could be growth of the average hdd size for all I know.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

'everybody is moving to mac'

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . .

'cause huskies,

Cal ;)

growth of what though?  You still haven't given me a qualifier for the information.  it could be growth of the average hdd size for all I know.

Sales of systems.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

Sales of systems.

I refer to my original post then, not withstanding the computers people throw away or burn, growth in system sales as a percentage affects growth in market share by percentage. Assuming these figures stay the same then compounding growth percentages will see 3% of 90odd million units shipped with windows per year stay well above the 15% growth on the 3.6Million macs sold per year.

EDIT: wrote the wrong figure down Global sales (2011 seeing as the graph was for 5 year growth) for apple were 35 Million not 3.5Million and total pc sales was 325 Million, but that mathes still works :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Growth in system sales as a percentage affects growth in market share by percentage. 

Yes. But if they showed market share it wouldn't look that impressive and it doesn't show what the consumers are doing now, today.

I dont understand the second bit of your post. :P

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

haha your teacher is funny 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Yes. But if they showed market share it wouldn't look that impressive and it doesn't show what the consumers are doing now, today.

I dont understand the second bit of your post. :P

It seems I edited while you were posting. It just means that the market share of windows is so hi that even with only a 3% growth it will increase faster than adding 15%growth to the market share of apple.

Although, having said that the total market share for apple has gone up from 3% to 10% over the last 15 years, so I have definitely missed something.

EDIT AGAIN: and it's late and I am tired so I am not searching for the reason just yet.

Secondly, do not take notes on a computer. Ever. Your grades will drop accordingly.

Subjective, IMO. I used a tablet PC to take notes, and while I did get distracted occasionally, I maintained an A- in my important engineering classes.

That being said, I've outgrown tablet PCs.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

YES what are you waiting for?

I left behind my PC and my penis, I'm ready for Mac OS!

No srsly, there's a lot of talk about Mac OS soon being the dominant OS since they already got a 11% marketshare... In the US... outside the US, there's not even remotely that big of a share for Mac, like 3.3% if I recall correctly.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Do you think that "everybody is moving to Mac"?

You already know this is not true, why bother even asking this?

why is xp rated more? isn't it getting retired on aug 8/14 of 2014? i heard so..( to support windows 8)

Entire business infrastructures of huge corporations still use XP due to thats what their proprietary software is designed for - the NSW (an Australian state) health department still runs XP. 

A company I used to work for is buying Macbook Air's as their new business laptop and putting windows 7 on them, because they are cheaper per unit than the newer sets of Lenovo's. (Lenovo is what they have now) It's interesting to say the least

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

A company I used to work for is buying Macbook Air's as their new business laptop and putting windows 7 on them, because they are cheaper per unit than the newer sets of Lenovo's. (Lenovo is what they have now) It's interesting to say the least

I'm curious to see the logic behind that one. Lenovo isn't that expensive per unit for consumers (compared to the Air), so obviously bulk discounts would result in lower prices than the Air. Add to that the cost of Windows to replace OS X when Lenovo comes preinstalled with it ...

Yeah. Skeptical of that logic.

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'm curious to see the logic behind that one. Lenovo isn't that expensive per unit for consumers (compared to the Air), so obviously bulk discounts would result in lower prices than the Air. Add to that the cost of Windows to replace OS X when Lenovo comes preinstalled with it ...

Yeah. Skeptical of that logic.

I think it was ~$1600 per unit for Lenovo and ~$1400 per unit for the Air, and it would not cost money to put Windows on the Air if the company already has mass amounts of Windows licenses and in addition to already having technicians who modify the install to have proper drivers and whatever for the HP/Dell/Lenovo machines they are currently using. So it really is a good deal for them.

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

I think it was ~$1600 per unit for Lenovo and ~$1400 per unit for the Air, and it would not cost money to put Windows on the Air if the company already has mass amounts of Windows licenses and in addition to already having technicians who modify the install to have proper drivers and whatever for the HP/Dell/Lenovo machines they are currently using. So it really is a good deal for them.

They must have been comparing vastly different models then, and not equivalent ones. T/X series launches at $1000 or less, and SSD upgrade only adds $200 for the 256GB (bought separately, not through Lenovo) compared to the default SSD option that comes with the 13" Air, which is $1300. Specs on the T/X series outstrips the Air too, afaik. Really the only expensive Thinkpads are the X1 Carbon and the W series, which aren't comparable, spec for spec, to the Air; both of those have better hardware.

Since you bring up drivers and having technicians install them, I figured the added cost of switching from Windows to OS X might exceed that. Transitioning from one platform to another isn't always easy.  -shrug-

They must have been comparing vastly different models then, and not equivalent ones. T/X series launches at $1000 or less, and SSD upgrade only adds $200 for the 256GB (bought separately, not through Lenovo) compared to the default SSD option that comes with the 13" Air, which is $1300. Specs on the T/X series outstrips the Air too, afaik. Really the only expensive Thinkpads are the X1 Carbon and the W series, which aren't comparable, spec for spec, to the Air; both of those have better hardware.

Since you bring up drivers and having technicians install them, I figured the added cost of switching from Windows to OS X might exceed that. Transitioning from one platform to another isn't always easy.  -shrug-

Yeah I don't know what model Lenovo they were getting quoted on, and yeah I'll agree with you that the specs might not be equivalent or better, but they are almost certainly switching the Airs. I don't know, they have more money than anyone knows what to do with so they could just be doing it to do it. But those technicians do that stuff everyday for their other machines, so it's just part of their workload and salary in the end.

In North America, we can see alot of people buying Macs. Elsewhere, not as much

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

why is xp rated more? isn't it getting retired on aug 8/14 of 2014? i heard so..( to support windows 8)

Entire business infrastructures of huge corporations still use XP due to thats what their proprietary software is designed for - the NSW (an Australian state) health department still runs XP.

XP is a very solid OS, I don't think it's a good reason they support it but it could be

I was really surprised when I saw it was still supported until April 2014!

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I'd rather use Vista than Mac...

And I'd rather use OS X than Vista

It made propably on overall sales and a lot of US schools/college tend to buy Macs soo thats why propably its soo high plus it "cool" to have Apple (not my words). XP is still staying strong i see and failure in 8 is basicly no start button.
sales and percentage ouside of the is considerably lower.

XP is a very solid OS, I don't think it's a good reason they support it but it could be

I was really surprised when I saw it was still supported until April 2014!

Its was already extended at least once possibly twice for this reason the os is nearly 12 year old now and it doesnt support anything relatively new properly in the way of hardware. Do you know the age of the pcs their still using? And this isnt just the case there is everywhere, trust me.

And I'd rather use OS X than Vista
unless your a mac person I couldnt understand why.

Its was already extended at least once possibly twice for this reason the os is nearly 12 year old now and it doesnt support anything relatively new properly in the way of hardware. Do you know the age of the pcs their still using? And this isnt just the case there is everywhere, trust me.

Can't speak for businesses, but as far as Government goes, most computers are on XP and in the process of hardware upgrades to Windows 7. Current work laptop is a Dell Latitude E4300 which is pretty old by today's standards.

unless your a mac person I couldnt understand why.

OS X is a good operating system by itself, due to the Unix-like feel to it. It's also built around some open-source components.