Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

On 8/31/2018 at 3:44 PM, chaozbandit said:

Screenshot_20180831-181347.png

Why is that ultra ultra ultra wide? Center monitor looks like 16x9 to me.

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

On 9/5/2018 at 2:07 PM, chaozbandit said:

That might be exciting, except I've decided to not give my money to asshole dev teams who consistently shit on their community, and not in a fun joking way. And I bought Project Cars 2, since they seemed to take notice and try to actually turn around.

Does remind me though that Sector 3 or some other branch was supposed to be making GTR3 in UE4.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

That might be exciting, except I've decided to not give my money to asshole dev teams who consistently shit on their community, and not in a fun joking way. And I bought Project Cars 2, since they seemed to take notice and try to actually turn around.

Does remind me though that Sector 3 or some other branch was supposed to be making GTR3 in UE4.

Its enough of a discount for me personally to justify buying the game, especially since it guarantees you a full release copy down the road. Its similar enough to how much I bought FM7 for recently, so while I still don't quite agree with the ethics behind the studio, having another title for game variety in the library isn't a bad option.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

21 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Its enough of a discount for me personally to justify buying the game, especially since it guarantees you a full release copy down the road. Its similar enough to how much I bought FM7 for recently, so while I still don't quite agree with the ethics behind the studio, having another title for game variety in the library isn't a bad option.

Mmm, how much "variety" will it be though, really? AC already relies on mods to be a successful gaqme, even though the devs decided at some point to shit all over it, and even though they took community mods and just did a full release with them.

I'm also more a fan of street cars, which I don't think ACC will have, but even then, what WILL ACC have that isn't already in AC, especially with mods? Or Project Cars? I do like the fact that their using UE4 after years of defending their absolutely terrible game engine.

On the other hand, what did Turn10 do to make you question ethics? I don't have Win10 or an Xbox, and my 960 isn't enough to run it, stupidly... but I've been a Forza fan for a while. Has more cars on offer and you customize them in pretty much any way you want, which I always appreciated, while looking good in the process.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

On the other hand, what did Turn10 do to make you question ethics? I don't have Win10 or an Xbox, and my 960 isn't enough to run it, stupidly... but I've been a Forza fan for a while. Has more cars on offer and you customize them in pretty much any way you want, which I always appreciated, while looking good in the process.

Forza on PC has always been horrendously optimized for obvious reasons, with multi-core systems tanking in performance and getting smooth fps is as much a lottery as anything. Vanilla content wise it cant be beaten, even if the physics engine sucks but its fun to play on a gamepad and kill a few hours. DLC has been mediocre (barring the Horizon 3 expansions) so if you can get the base games at or below 50% msrp it's a steal.

But yes I can see how you wouldn't be interested in ACC if you aren't into motorsports. Of course following Blancpain, IMSA, PWC and WEC each year and then being able to replay them in video games is a massive draw to a certain segment of fans.

Folding@Home | BOINC

41 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Forza on PC has always been horrendously optimized for obvious reasons, with multi-core systems tanking in performance and getting smooth fps is as much a lottery as anything. Vanilla content wise it cant be beaten, even if the physics engine sucks but its fun to play on a gamepad and kill a few hours. DLC has been mediocre (barring the Horizon 3 expansions) so if you can get the base games at or below 50% msrp it's a steal.

But yes I can see how you wouldn't be interested in ACC if you aren't into motorsports. Of course following Blancpain, IMSA, PWC and WEC each year and then being able to replay them in video games is a massive draw to a certain segment of fans.

Even if I was into the series, I don't really see what ACC offers that I don't already get from all the other games I already have. Kind of the big problem with racing games, especially a series. In all actuality buying every Forza game that comes out is pretty damn pointless, but they are at least always expanding their content of cars and tracks.

The only Forza I've played with a wheel was Horizon 2... actually Horizon 1 as well at a buddies place before I really knew how to set it up. I get the sneaking suspicion people give it more shit than it deserves though.

#Muricaparrotgang

Even if I was into the series, I don't really see what ACC offers that I don't already get from all the other games I already have. Kind of the big problem with racing games, especially a series. In all actuality buying every Forza game that comes out is pretty damn pointless, but they are at least always expanding their content of cars and tracks.

The only Forza I've played with a wheel was Horizon 2... actually Horizon 1 as well at a buddies place before I really knew how to set it up. I get the sneaking suspicion people give it more shit than it deserves though.

With ACC it's the exclusivity with Blancpain. Tracks you wouldn't otherwise easily get in high quality: Misano, Paul-Ricard, Hungaroring. The others are already present in various capacities across the current crop of titles. I'd imagine cars too, but we'll have to see whether they use the previous homologation cars (Jaguar G3 incl) or the current ones (911 GT3R Evo, RCF GT3, MY18 GTR GT3, etc.)

The big thing coming from AC is proper lighting (day/night cycle) and weather, which if its even just slightly better than FM7 (99% likely) then it's already a win. Also they just announced they have their own vanilla rating system, which I'd be surprised if they didn't given how successful Minorating (RIP) was.

Edit: forgot I had a misano mod which was actually pretty decent; CPR too, but first-party stuff will always be better esp if lazer scanned which is rumoured to be the case

Folding@Home | BOINC

6 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

With ACC it's the exclusivity with Blancpain. Tracks you wouldn't otherwise easily get in high quality: Misano, Paul-Ricard, Hungaroring. The others are already present in various capacities across the current crop of titles. I'd imagine cars too, but we'll have to see whether they use the previous homologation cars (Jaguar G3 incl) or the current ones (911 GT3R Evo, RCF GT3, MY18 GTR GT3, etc.)

The big thing coming from AC is proper lighting (day/night cycle) and weather, which if its even just slightly better than FM7 (99% likely) then it's already a win. Also they just announced they have their own vanilla rating system, which I'd be surprised if they didn't given how successful Minorating (RIP) was.

Edit: forgot I had a misano mod which was actually pretty decent; CPR too, but first-party stuff will always be better esp if lazer scanned which is rumoured to be the case

Mmm, yeah, Project Cars has real time day/night and weather. Along with date, for things like sun alignment. Might also change the star box at night.

Maybe I'd be interested enough if it still has open mod support, since I think AC frankly kind of sucks. If it's just a closed Blancpain series with no mod support I have no interest.

I also just find it hard to believe it'll be at the quality level it should be. It amazes me how long it took them to do things in AC, but hey, maybe since now they've finally gotten around to doing things it won't be so bad. It took them forever to implement surround sound and reverb using FMod, and it's still not great. The audio samples are surprisingly crap too considering the recording equipment they have. I'd like to wish them luck, but frankly I don't think they deserve it. They just leave a taste of warm urine in my mouth.

I think the AC mod for Paul-Ricard was laser scanned. A lot of the mod tracks seem to be. A lot of guys claim they just got the scan data from the racetrack itself, which makes sense that  they would have. I dunno.

I'm hesitantly and cautiously looking forward to the Dakar game though. Hopefully at the very least it'll be a good foundation they can improve and iterate upon.

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

yas

image.thumb.png.28261d1e3a5f503a37c2a3ad41ef1513.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

right games that are gonna get released ... 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-4-demo/

image.png.1fe689d476311f6925fdc120dc236789.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Can't wait to try ACC tonight. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

15 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Can't wait to try ACC tonight. 

The physics do some wonky things but the underlying feel is similar enough to the first game that you can find pace pretty quickly. Drives similar to PC2 but the sound engine is a lot better. So far pleasantly surprised!

Short notes: I had my car randomly spin out on a flat piece of track in the middle of a chicane, kerbs will still kill you, the gravel is lava, and I cant for the life of me turn off the assists which is annoying (especially the auto slide recovery)

Folding@Home | BOINC

6 hours ago, Techicolors said:

just played a little bit. got irritated because audio wasn't working, so i rebooted and worked. but now it crackles - close enough

Unfortunate. I was really hoping that Turn10 and Playground would have their shit together by now. This is what? 4 games now?

5 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

The physics do some wonky things but the underlying feel is similar enough to the first game that you can find pace pretty quickly. Drives similar to PC2 but the sound engine is a lot better. So far pleasantly surprised!

Short notes: I had my car randomly spin out on a flat piece of track in the middle of a chicane, kerbs will still kill you, the gravel is lava, and I cant for the life of me turn off the assists which is annoying (especially the auto slide recovery)

Seems like the typical AC bullshittery then. Good to know they left all the best parts in.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 hours ago, Techicolors said:

just played a little bit. got irritated because audio wasn't working, so i rebooted and worked. but now it crackles - close enough

Unfortunate. I was really hoping that Turn10 and Playground would have their shit together by now. This is what? 4 games now?

Seems like the typical AC bullshittery then. Good to know they left all the best parts in.

i dont understand how people have issues with the demo, i know people where the game crashed for them, you have an audio issue .... i never had an issue with the demo :( 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

3 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i dont understand how people have issues with the demo, i know people where the game crashed for them, you have an audio issue .... i never had an issue with the demo :( 

other than that game runs fine. no stutters, very smooth gameplay. the audio really only crackles when there's spoken dialogue 

2 hours ago, Techicolors said:

other than that game runs fine. no stutters, very smooth gameplay. the audio really only crackles when there's spoken dialogue 

as long as it doesnt ruin the driving part ... then its fine i guess? 

On 10/08/2018 at 9:39 PM, PandaCopyRight said:

im with @bcredeur97 on this one ...

the boot is good and the gated shifters is not my cup of tea as well ... but the G shifters feel too light for my liking ... i want it to be more realistic if you know what i mean 

Loaded me onto an older page, and I spotted this.

Did anyone here have a Lightning SST shifter? They were beautiful cnc'd 8-speed shifters, I regret selling my one so badly :$

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 9/13/2018 at 10:43 AM, chaozbandit said:

The physics.. somehow after few laps the car handle start to understeer like my FWD sedan. Love the sound, i wonder if they use FMOD with Steam Audio that have RadeonRay support.

The UI is esp main menu is super terrible. You know where can i officially complain? :P

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

11 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

The physics.. somehow after few laps the car handle start to understeer like my FWD sedan. Love the sound, i wonder if they use FMOD with Steam Audio that have RadeonRay support.

The UI is esp main menu is super terrible. You know where can i officially complain? :P

nope the FMOD alone. FMOD is massively powerful more so then steam or radeonray so far but its expensive, just that the original AC didnt utilise it to its full potential for whatever reason(probably time issues). Luckily I have a bit of insight in fmod as the sound engineering students at my uni use it likely because its very popular and powerful but the documentation and support is outstanding comparable with unreal and unity as it has been used in literally thousands of games. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Always forget how strong the ffb on the csw v2 is but man is it fun. Also the v3 pedals are a whole different world to the g27 with tilton pedal faces. The travel is much more granular and there's a much better sense of when you're locking the brakes, especially in the Porsches. 

IMG_20180914_141853_391.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC