Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Sketchup is ok but the model fidelity isn't great for printing. Blender has a lot of the same tools once you learn it, it's just the mentality of starting out with a geometric shape and extruding it as you need.

I found it a PITA to convert to STLs from sketchup so I jumped right into blender, Took a while to learn how to make custom measurements and mold parts but so much easier to do stuff.

I'll give it a go :) def a worthy skill to have

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

10 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Get on it man!! 

I'm finally finishing welding up the new sim this weekend. Busy 3D printing the Steering adapter and need to also make some wires for the switches. 

9 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

I recently got into this and its actually pretty fun modelling stuff in Blender. Frustrating when your measurements are off, and you have to redo the entire thing, but still fun.

Prints take forever if you want any decent amount of infil but a healthy amount of printers to play with.

i would love to get into 3d printing ... but but god damnn the printers be expensive 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

52 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i would love to get into 3d printing ... but but god damnn the printers be expensive 

Our public libraries have 3d printers you can rent. Ultimakers 2+, 2 mini, a makerbot 3 and a lulzbot are what I've been using. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

35 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Our public libraries have 3d printers you can rent. Ultimakers 2+, 2 mini, a makerbot 3 and a lulzbot are what I've been using. 

my country aint that fancy :(

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

7 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

my country aint that fancy :(

Look into building your own one, thats what everyone I know has done. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

3 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Look into building your own one, thats what everyone I know has done. 

build one? like go on ebay and source bits to put together? 

3 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

build one? like go on ebay and source bits to put together? 

Yeah man, you just buy the parts you need and build it all, I'll get a pic of my mates one that I use. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

12 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Yeah man, you just buy the parts you need and build it all, I'll get a pic of my mates one that I use. 

idk, i'd rather get one with instructions xD 

38 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

idk, i'd rather get one with instructions xD 

Where is your sense of adventure :P 

they easy man 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

13 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Where is your sense of adventure :P 

they easy man 

welll ..... if i had the patience ... sure xD 

3 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

welll ..... if i had the patience ... sure xD 

Never.Get.A.Race.Car

Redstone:

Obsidian:

10 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Never.Get.A.Race.Car

im am so getting a race car :P 

8 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

im am so getting a race car :P 

Make sure its comes built cause building it is a wonderful balance of Patience and eating ramen for a month. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

Make sure its comes built cause building it is a wonderful balance of Patience and eating ramen for a month. 

no that is a thing i would waste like 5 years on to do properly ... 

I finally picked up that G27 from my friend.

current issue is the pedals sliding on the wood floor. Cleaning the little rubber pads makes it stick well. But once it slides once... it's done. It moves all over. every press of either the clutch or the brake and the thing moves. Lol

any solutions? Larger rubber pads for the bottom or something?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

current issue is the pedals sliding on the wood floor. Cleaning the little rubber pads makes it stick well. But once it slides once... it's done. It moves all over. every press of either the clutch or the brake and the thing moves. Lol

bolt it down to the floor xD 

1 minute ago, PandaCopyRight said:

bolt it down to the floor xD 

that's unfortunately not an option.

I need a real cockpit now xD no room for that tho haha

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

that's unfortunately not an option.

I need a real cockpit now xD no room for that tho haha

build a wall so the pedals sit against it? 

for me an issue was my chair rolling backwards when pressing the brake with the fanatec pedals xD 

51 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

The best solution is to mount it onto a dedicated plate, or find a way to jerry rig those rubber suction cups to the bottom of hte plastic base. What I did for a while was set a few dumbbells behind it, or put the base against something otherwise too heavy to push out the way.

Or get a cockpit :ph34r:

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

15 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I use dumbbell plates around my peddles to stop them moving, works very well. 10kg on the back and 5gb on the sides. Might need 20kf as you are using three pedals. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Shieeeeet i havent used my wheel and pedals so long that both of them have new driver versions xD 

2 minutes ago, Techicolors said:

anyone checked out the crew 2? curious about wheel support 

i played the closed alpha and open beta, and idk why but i didnt think of setting up my wheel :/ 

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i played the closed alpha and open beta, and idk why but i didnt think of setting up my wheel :/ 

i wonder if you can use the wheel for boats and planes, tho it'll be odd for plane handling

4 minutes ago, Techicolors said:

i wonder if you can use the wheel for boats and planes, tho it'll be odd for plane handling

You can, but it's super fucky for planes. Boats work fine.

I also played both betas, not the recent one, and wheel support was technically there but not really. So, unfortunately I'm as useful as a fart in a divers helmet when it comes to final release.

The FFB and DOR on the early betas was super bad.

#Muricaparrotgang