Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

1. I meant Britain the real place. Yes, sure again it's pretty with green farmland, but farms and sheep aren't exactly exciting.

2. I'm very aware of Dirt Rally and D4, I'm a bit "favored" (sort of) on their forums, but Forza's never had REAL rally roads, much less anything like in either of those. It's not impossible, but it would be a big change and I doubt it would really be the case. I've wanted rally in Horizon since the first, and it's just never really been there.

3. Top speed testing in video game format I fin INCREDIBLY boring. There's also a differentiation between mountains and hills.

4. That might be the case, but they also kept going all over the world and finding better driving roads, which has been lacking in 2 and 3. 2 at least had the coastline road, but that was about it.

5. Agreed, would be cool. Unlikely to be NZ though, if they did that it should've been the FH3 expansion instead of whatever the hell Blizzard Mountain was supposed to be.

It was always a decent mix of realism and arcade, the cars behaved in a way you'd expect and reacted to your setup changes in predictable ways, unlike a pure arcade or the horrendous Crew.

ehhh opinions xD 

the only things about the crew 1 i hate is the physics when you crash into something .. you turn into a fucking pinball the rest is actually quite nice for an arcade game .... and the performance upgrade system 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

19 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

AC Competizione 

Ah, a new game in a new engine, and they still can't get the hands to not look like a freakish mess of polygons.

#Muricaparrotgang

10 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

ehhh opinions xD 

the only things about the crew 1 i hate is the physics when you crash into something .. you turn into a fucking pinball the rest is actually quite nice for an arcade game .... and the performance upgrade system 

Opinions, sure. But something about taking a 1970's charger on a dirt road and not being able to slide around hairpins represents a problem. I should be able to drift in a RWD car with enough power, not require an undriveable drift class car that was added in DLC.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Opinions, sure. But something about taking a 1970's charger on a dirt road and not being able to slide around hairpins represents a problem. I should be able to drift in a RWD car with enough power, not require an undriveable drift class car that was added in DLC.

i do have to say that taking a 1970s charger on a dirt road would be a bit of a struggle ... with the way i would set one up (600+ hp) xD

but yeah i see your point .... i just hope the devs dont fuck it up :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Ah, a new game in a new engine, and they still can't get the hands to not look like a freakish mess of polygons.

It's crazy how bad the hands are, everything else looks so so damn good. really excited for this. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

A bit late to this party chaps.

@PandaCopyRight @JZStudios

There is definitely Scotland footage in the trailer, so it's not only GB, but how much of the northern isles they cover is another story. The signature downhill chicane past a high overpass bridge is most definitely Scottish in nature, although strikes a shocking similarity to Project CARS' Bannochbrae. Scotland is definitely one for challenging B-roads, much like Angelas Crest but but without the imminent death if you go off a cliff. Mountains would be fun in a sense, but Dubai in FM7 just didn't strike the right chord with me (tbh I didn't really like Fujimi Kaido in FM3/4 that much either; some of the mods for AC are definitely better such as Dragon Pass or obviously Lake Louise)

Roads like this would be neat tho

^ FOE sponsored trip, although they went to Austria and not Scotland like I originally thought

http://www.speedhunters.com/2017/10/real-life-shooting-ford-gt-austria/

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_Ford_gt_001-1200

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

NGL it does look good, but obviously UE4 is carrying them pretty hard graphics wise. There are a few other nitpicky things Im noticing, but its pre-Alpha so I'll let it pass.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I'm sure scotland will be included, but I kind of doubt it'll be an isles thing unless they link it by bridge or something. Or just have a Scottish island you fast travel to. Either way, I don't see it being much more than 1 island max, if not just the mainland.

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home | BOINC

New Steering wheel arrived for my Sim. Already got the design done for the buttons and LEDs, just waiting on some switches to arrive. 

IMG_2692.JPG

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

this is quite exciting ... for those who have been wanting to drive the cars they made in Automation game 

lets add the other sides announcement as well :P 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 8:04 PM, PandaCopyRight said:

snip

Create the weirdest car you can possibly build, then crash it in BeamNG.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Anyone here uses an Oculus Rift with their sim? 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

7 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Anyone here uses an Oculus Rift with their sim? 

I was using a DK2 for a little while. Immersion is amazing. Wish it hadn't died on me, lol. 

A few members of the league I race with use Oculus and swear they will never go back. ;) I'm waiting for the next gen (and some money, :P ) to jump back in the VR game.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

22 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

I was using a DK2 for a little while. Immersion is amazing. Wish it hadn't died on me, lol. 

A few members of the league I race with use Oculus and swear they will never go back. ;) I'm waiting for the next gen (and some money, :P ) to jump back in the VR game.

i would love to get the vive ... i keep finding info that it seems to be the better option :/ 

still cant afford either xD 

8 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Thanks man, Yeah I had a DK2 as well, loved it, was really good in Dirt Rally but yeah the res got to me for assetto and Pcars. 

7 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i would love to get the vive ... i keep finding info that it seems to be the better option :/ 

still cant afford either xD 

The vive pro looked so so good specially at its price till I learnt you have to buy a normal vive and then buy the Pro to get all the bits you need to get it working and they can F* Right off with that, But yeah also heard very good things about it. 

The main reason for asking is we going to Hire a Rift for the Spa 24H and make a weekend of it. so wanted to know what everyone thought, should be good fun. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

New Sim steering wheel is coming along very nicely. 

just waiting on the JST connectors and can begin wiring it up. 

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

Redstone:

Obsidian:

Happy canada day

red and white curb stones

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

59 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

dammit ... i need to set up my wheel again ... and do some simracing ... havnt done that in a while :/ 

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

dammit ... i need to set up my wheel again ... and do some simracing ... havnt done that in a while :/ 

Get on it man!! 

I'm finally finishing welding up the new sim this weekend. Busy 3D printing the Steering adapter and need to also make some wires for the switches. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

8 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

3D printing

I recently got into this and its actually pretty fun modelling stuff in Blender. Frustrating when your measurements are off, and you have to redo the entire thing, but still fun.

Prints take forever if you want any decent amount of infil but a healthy amount of printers to play with.

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

I recently got into this and its actually pretty fun modelling stuff in Blender. Frustrating when your measurements are off, and you have to redo the entire thing, but still fun.

Prints take forever if you want any decent amount of infil but a healthy amount of printers to play with.

I've been using Google SketchUp for my designing but prob cause I've been using it for so many years before 3D printing so just really used to it.

Yeah the hub is 100% infill so will take a damn long time, but should be fine :) 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

3 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I've been using Google SketchUp for my designing but prob cause I've been using it for so many years before 3D printing so just really used to it.

Yeah the hub is 100% infill so will take a damn long time, but should be fine :) 

Sketchup is ok but the model fidelity isn't great for printing. Blender has a lot of the same tools once you learn it, it's just the mentality of starting out with a geometric shape and extruding it as you need.

I found it a PITA to convert to STLs from sketchup so I jumped right into blender, Took a while to learn how to make custom measurements and mold parts but so much easier to do stuff.

Folding@Home | BOINC