Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

ew what is that FOV?  

He says he races in VR so the single screen was just some random FOV

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

IT'S REAL

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

IT'S REAL

900$ DD wheel? :o

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

900$ DD wheel? :o

When it makes it to retail yeah. Base + pedals. Looks kinda gimmicky and dangerously close to SW20 pricing once shipped + customs, but $150 usd for load cell pedals isnt too bad. Just wish the whole set didn't look so toy-ish.

Folding@Home | BOINC

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Folding@Home | BOINC

A couple of hot-laps from AC in two of my favorite cars.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

1 hour ago, super_skank said:

A couple of hot-laps from AC in two of my favorite cars.

The 49D is my favourite. Always love driving pre-turbo cars, but seeing them race in person had a lasting effect on me.

VARAC Vintage Grand Prix 2017

Folding@Home | BOINC

7 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

The 49D is my favourite. Always love driving pre-turbo cars, but seeing them race in person had a lasting effect on me.

Yes i like this too, its very challenging to shift gears fast enough on the H box though. The down force is amazing though.

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

VARAC Vintage Grand Prix 2017

i cant really tell which one the one in the pic is, but i love the 98T

surprisingly i didnt know it was a 1.5l turbo V6 ... but all i know .. it needed balls the size of the sun to drive properly fast with its around 1000hp (IIRC some had over 1000hp) :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i cant really tell which one the one in the pic is, but i love the 98T

surprisingly i didnt know it was a 1.5l turbo V6 ... but all i know .. it needed balls the size of the sun to drive properly fast with its around 1000hp (IIRC some had over 1000hp) :D 

This is the 91, one of the last cars to get the Cosworth V8.

Folding@Home | BOINC

31 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

This is the 91, one of the last cars to get the Cosworth V8.

but, but ..... the magical turbo 

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 3/24/2018 at 10:55 PM, chaozbandit said:

There was a lot of meh. frankly you can make moves offline when racing 1 vs 1 to rattle someones cage... get in their head you MIGHT pass there before actually pass somewhere else. Its part of race craft. And on that last incident I am not sure how that could be the passing cars fault:

10:09 - Turn in for a flat out part of the track by lead car

10:10 - Lead car at apex doing whose the fuck knows what because there is a massive speed differential, passing car gains QUICKLY

10:11 start - Passing car has a choice, lead car is to the right with room on the left to pass and slow.. if I'm passing I'm thinking he is staying on line, which is on the right for the next chicane which starts off as a left

10:11 finish - What what what.. he is still coming over, WTF. At this point things are hosed, giving it a welly and a hard right would be the only option to possible avoid contact. 

10:12 - This guy is oblivious to the fact someone is coming from behind him.. he finally stops moving leaving passing car no room with a whole lot of run and commitment.

To expect the passing car to lift would be to expect that driver to know the car he is passing is going to drift out like he no one else is on the track leaving the right open to pass. But this happens all in the span of 3 seconds.. on a flat out part of the track. 

Probably one of my more chaotic races.. at the start, well, before the start.. on the formation lap. Some pretty narly situations and a couple of WTF moments, I managed to slightly doink the wall but come home 2nd after P2 leader pits probably short fuel. Race starts at 39:50

8 hours ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Probably one of my more chaotic races.. at the start, well, before the start.. on the formation lap. Some pretty narly situations and a couple of WTF moments, I managed to slightly doink the wall but come home 2nd after P2 leader pits probably short fuel. Race starts at 39:50

Always surreal how dark Sebring really is. Makes me wish we had it in other games which arent Forza... also fingers crossed for modern lmp2s.

Folding@Home | BOINC

I actually don't mind the HPD.. its a fantastic car and works well AND open cockpit. So no having to guess(or learn) exactly where the front wheels are because massive humps are in the way.

As far as darkness Sebring really doesn't hold a candle to VIR even after the condos from 7 to 10 were put in. It is still very dark from 12 to 17 with some mild light from the paddock. Before the condos were put in holy mother fuckin jesus christ was it dark.. seriously, for the 13 hour it was a surreal experience being out there working from 6 to 14.

Free ferrari challenge DLC?? Mind you it's not the amazing sounding 458 but the 488s are bloody quick in the right hands. From what I've seen, the top split of drivers are as fast as the average GT3 Cup platinum drivers at Mosport.

Assuming they didn't fix the host-migration single-make bug, now we can have a proper single-make 488 lobby! (though I would still prefer a GT3 Cup myself)

Addition of the Ferrari 488 Challenge car, and liveries from the 2017 Ferrari Challenge series. This is the latest Ferrari to feature in Maranello’s single-marque championship, and the most powerful car in the series’ 25-year history.   
Addition of two new layouts to the Porsche Leipzig on-road circuit. 
Corrected a small number of turbo and suspension issues on various cars.
Resolved an issue where some drivers would appear stuck on track during qualification or race session.
Resolved an issue where the end of race results would display incorrectly.
Resolved multiple ghost loading issues in time trial.
Polished the Online Reputation calculations, including tweaks for when players retire due to excess damage.
Corrected an occasional issue of players being taken to the wrong lobby if the host set up a new lobby whilst the old one was populated.
Mechanical failures no longer include aerodynamic damage.
Various improvements to the AI at a number of tracks and conditions.
Solved an issue in career when, under certain circumstances, the standings would not display correctly.
Multiple other miscellaneous fixes and optimisations.

These notes are noticably smaller than previous update notes. We had to refrain from listing every single fix as they were causing massive delays with certification. So keeping the notes smaller allowed us to push the update out for you all much quicker.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Updates-Changelog&p=1496957#post1496957

Folding@Home | BOINC

Initial thoughts after 10 laps in the car:

• Gamepad, private testing, default setup and full fuel
  • Very strong initial ffb, unlike what is expected from similar GT3 cars
  • Seems to have a very numb turn-in, mainly in high speed corners
  • Steering ratio seems to be slower or the rotation is limited
  • Default BB of 66 induces a lot of understeer (although braking points are within 10m of GT3 as expected)
  • Quite difficult to break the rear tires loose with assists off
  • Prefer the Challenge dash 100% to the GT3/GTE dash but annoyed you cant easily check temperatures

As a local of Mosport, I'm ecstatic to have both of Remo Ferri's teams (R.Ferri Motosport, Ferrari of Ontario) in the game now and overall I enjoyed the car a lot. Once everything warmed up I could hit 1:45s pretty consistently and having the same power but less downforce as the bigger cars makes racing a lot more fun. (For reference, 488 Challenge laps within 1 second of a 991.2 GT3 Cup at CTMP, which in itself is within 3-4 seconds of PWC GT or IMSA GTD in race conditions)

Trofeo Pirelli 2 - 1:20.756 (Ludwig, 488 Challenge)

GT3CAN 2 - 1:19.780 (Hargrove, 991.2 GT3 Cup)

GT3CAN 5 - 1:19.905 (Hargrove, 991.2 GT3 Cup)

PWC SprintX GT - 1:16.673 (Bergmeister/Long, Porsche 911 GT3R)

IMSA GTD - 1:17.382 (Aschenbach/Davis, Audi R8 LMS)

Folding@Home | BOINC

b78.gif

Folding@Home | BOINC

Few things annoy me more racing at long beach as:

(1) people crossing the pit-out line just to get a few meters more of braking room when this is a blatant abuse of track limits

(2) people attempting to overtake into the fountain hairpin

Granted this one was more of a racing incident, but it's a lose-lose for both cars regardless. I had no idea how much of a run he got on me out of T1 but at some point the racing line blends into one groove; you either get a car that gets pushed into the inside wall or you push the car on the outside into the garden. Either way, the outside car has to turn in at some point.

Replaying the clip, my perspective is I gave him the room for him to back out and locked up a bit to give myself space, but caught a flash of yellow last second and understeered. From his perspective, he was a wheel ahead of me going into the braking zone but left me no room and straightlined to the apex so I would have hit him no matter what I did. Game gave me a BS 30 second penalty for this contact.

He was probably faster than me in the long run, given that he was P1 and spun, but it was disappointing for me having overtaken half the field in the mid-pack.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Slowly getting better at this! Although I think I still had more fun in the 488 challenge. GT3RS still the top of my list because of the thrill under acceleration and how quickly it stops.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC