Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

I found bolts! Surprisingly the ones that it shipped with were 2mm too short, and M5 bolts are plentiful around these parts.

1502542352777593159.jpg

Also two of last night's closest races. The first real test with the wheel, and so far so good! @MEC-777 definitely need to up the FFB though.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I recently got a G29 wheel and I've been playing some Project CARS, Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally and I suck at all of them :(

I uploaded some gameplay to YouTube if you guys wanna check it out and give me some tips :)

The best tip I can give you will sound strange:

Take your time.

There is a reason for it, you want to find the racing line and learn to stick to it and be easy on the throttle and brake going into and coming out of turns. Smoothness is key. As you learn and progress (this will take a while, patience is virtue) you can start braking later, accelerating earlier, etc. and you'll just get faster and faster. The core principle of "Smoothness" (like a well-oiled machine lol) will carry over to every car and every track. Even real life :)

Before you know it you'll be tackling your favorite track like a pro and will be able to quickly do well on new tracks and cars.

And always remember: safe is fast.

You'll always be slower if you go fast and then crash and burn.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

bcredeur97, on 04 Nov 2015 - 12:18 PM, said:

The best tip I can give you will sound strange:

Take your time.

There is a reason for it, you want to find the racing line and learn to stick to it and be easy on the throttle and brake going into and coming out of turns. Smoothness is key. As you learn and progress (this will take a while, patience is virtue) you can start braking later, accelerating earlier, etc. and you'll just get faster and faster. The core principle of "Smoothness" (like a well-oiled machine lol) will carry over to every car and every track. Even real life :)

Before you know it you'll be tackling your favorite track like a pro and will be able to quickly do well on new tracks and cars.

Will keep that in mind. Cheers :)

Will keep that in mind. Cheers :)

You're very welcome.

I did add one last line to the bottom when you were replying :)

Safe is fast ;)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

bcredeur97, on 04 Nov 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

You're very welcome.

I did add one last line to the bottom when you were replying :)

Safe is fast ;)

hmmmm interesting :P

Also two of last night's closest races. The first real test with the wheel, and so far so good! @MEC-777 definitely need to up the FFB though.

That was too much fun. :D  SO many close calls... :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I recently got a G29 wheel and I've been playing some Project CARS, Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally and I suck at all of them :(

I uploaded some gameplay to YouTube if you guys wanna check it out and give me some tips :)

So I meant to reply to this earlier, but I was waiting for the video below to get rendered; my tip, well its more of an analogy, is to treat racing like it's a rhythm game. The more experience you get, the easier it is to get into the "flow" of a fast lap and the more parameters you can adjust to on the fly. To start off, two things:

1. The car: pick something appropriate to your skill level (at that time) - ideally don't pick something so slow that it takes ages to get around yet at the same time not too fast that you get frustrated trying to tame the speed. Generally, the lower GT or lower-mid single seater and road b/c ranks are usually good enough to get you started yet give you some room to grow. Once you've picked a car, you can then start to learn the little nuances of it; most of the things you learn from it can be generally applied to other cars - trail braking, using throttle to manage understeer/oversteer, lift-and-coasting through sectors (momentum), using different gears (engine braking) to get through sequences of corners quickly or to avoid losing time by shifting, getting used to the different gearboxes available (sequential, manual) and when the best time is to shift (not all cars make power up to the redline), etc.

Learning these fundamentals can help you become a faster driver, but don't rush it - if one sector is giving you trouble, be open to different techniques and don't try the same things over and over again if they aren't working the way you'd like to (ex. you keep understeering off-track because of excessive speed or you lose the back end because you're too ambitious with the throttle near track limits). Once you've gotten familiar with the above, you can start diving into the setup - playing with tire temps and pressures, aero, suspension, the whole nine; if you need help or are curious as to what other people are doing, a wonderful resource is listed below (public database for setups) or of course, search Youtube.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/

2. Your "Home" Track: By home, I'm not referring to the venue closest to where you live, in this case, but one that you know like the back of your hand and can serve as a reference point upon which you can home your skills for any particular car, or compare the performance between cars against a known baseline. You can tailor your choice to tracks that favour cars set up for good cornering performance or those that demand outright speed and momentum - it`s all down to your own preference. Heck, you don`t even have to pick one track - pick a few that you are comfortable with and can lap reasonably consistently on. By applying what you learn from the car to your pace on said track, you get a better idea of where you stand in terms of performance, either between other players or between similarly classed cars, and then you can begin to look at what areas need improvement (be it driving technique or car setup)

For example: as the ESL doesn't allow any DLC cars, I've had to pick one non-DLC car to compete with, the Audi R8 LMS Ultra as you can see below. My "home" track is Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, a track that I've had hundreds of hours on, accumulated through countless different games. Through previous testing, I've found that the car needs low aero and slightly softer suspension in order to reach vmax down the straight and to not get the rear end upset when beating on the curbs; it also doesn't like heavy braking because you'll lock the front wheels, nor does it like moderate trail braking because you'll lose the rear end. It's also sensitive to ill-timed downshifts. I can comfortably personally lap this track in 2m21s or less in any GT3 car, which is still 5 seconds off race-pace of some of the top guys in the community.

But this race was challenging. Not only was it my first race of the night, with a "new" wheel, but it was also an accelerated time progression race - at 60x, each minute of real time equates to 1 hour of race time, and that means that once it starts to get dark, both track and tire temps drop. Quickly. And in a car with a heavy fuel load (50L), with no aero, on a track with of vmin (100kph) and a vmax (270kph) that you reach twice, it means you have to be weary of where you are placing the car on top of dealing with both understeer on the racing line and oversteer if you get out into the marbles or off-track into the grass / carpet. And of course the pitch-dark nature that is most of Spa at night.

Still, because I know the track well, I have a good idea of where to push the car given the above factors and where to be cautious because of vision. I don't usually drive with such heavy fuel loads or with tires that cold (8-15C colder than I practice with) so those are definitely areas I need to address. It was also not the most consistent of laps because the first half of the race I was horribly off pace (think the fastest I went was 2m24s) plus the understeer kept pushing me wide, but these are things that come with experience. Even so, I lead the race from start to finish and ended with nearly a 2 minute lead (though to be fair, there wasn't really any opposition).

Note: Skip to ~7 minutes in if you want to see what Spa looks like with no lights, and no UI.

TL:DR - take your time! You'll slowly begin to pick up on where you can find speed, and with time you can apply your skills to a wider variety of cars and tracks (though I suggest sticking with one car if you want to start learning tracks). If you get hung up on a car/track combo, feel free to change things up! Take a break if you feel the need to, and try not to get too frustrated if you are finding yourself lacking speed. At the end of the day, this is a video game designed to have fun!

BONUS Audi factory driver Rene Rast (pilot of the R18 e-tron) driving the R8 LMS at the Nurburgring

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Lazy fridays are lazy! Decided to double up on doing some more breaking in on the Nardi setup with some more software testing, this time a telemetry readout that makes use of my second screen. So far, so good! Like FanaLEDs, it reads the same information from shared memory and you can customize the way that data is displayed, be it one giant bar graph or several individual modules like I have below. Modules are completely resizable and can be positioned as you please. For fairness sake, I'll also be testing vrHive in the coming days despite it's frankly less appealing interface. Do note: the telemtry software below only works for pCars.

1507096372594116271.png

And the software in action; the software doesn't record on-screen gameplay, so that's something you'll have to record by yourself and stitch in post if you really want to study your own driving. The clip below is from a very sloppy run in the Oreca 03 at Road America; I was pretty exhausted and made a bunch of silly mistakes off-line, including an unscheduled meeting with the wall  :P Let's just say I wanted to test out if the damage readouts work - good news, they do! Bad news, your telemetry resets if you go into the pits so.... (although in reality this makes sense because some series require drivers to shut off the car while the crew work on it)

And another MP video! I may or may hot have had some drink during this race, and while having a brilliant qualifying lap, I completely botched the start - stalled at the lights and then had a tangle in sector 2 that ultimately kept me from challenging the front runners. Surprisingly I made it through the first corner unscathed! Monza isn't a track I drive often, and the sun set conditions made visibility a nightmare through the esses, but I think I did okay. Definitely know where to improve though, since my race-pace is a measely 1m50s with okay tires and ~20L of fuel. A few drivers ended up leaving the race midway, hence why the main image shows cars that aren't in the exterior replay - an annoying way SMS handles the issue, but good to keep in mind if you wish to record those epic battles.

The first half is a short qualifying session, and the second half is the 6 lap race (no damage but mech failures and tire wear + fuel usage, penalties enabled).

Hehe @MEC-777

1507096372830820015.png

Also @brownninja97, any updates on LL or is v2.04b still the latest?

1507096372780175535.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

i think you have the latest version.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i think you have the latest version.

Alrighty good to know, I'll get to work asap then :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

Jumping onto some public MP on PC in a few, sound off if you're in! If not, going to be filming some track guides :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

Jumping onto some public MP on PC in a few, sound off if you're in! If not, going to be filming some track guides :)

im in. let me get my wheel setup. 

My sister (who I share a room with) is going to hate me though xD

Spoiler

I dropped another bombshell submission on PRC again which you guys will likely enjoy over the next few days. hopefully it end this bullshittery happening in assetto corsa.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

im tempted to buy a new h patter shifter because i want to manual shift a ferrari sf15t for lols.

Listen if you care.

Listen if you care.

BN97, I c u.

But yeah whenever there is a possible monetary gain, people are going to exploit it - illegitimately copying it or otherwise. The content itself is a bit of a grey area when it comes to branding, where we see entities like URD changing all of the visible markings (to the groans of the community, but theres a UI workaround for the basic stuff) yet others leave everything as close to reality as possible. While free models are always a good thing to grow a community, there is always going to be the financial motivation - it would be hard to enforce a freemium-like approach to mods without including something like DRM to prevent post-purchase sharing, so we're just going to have to deal with it (though donations to reputable groups are always welcome, even if the mods are free).

In general, I say treat payware like you would any new DLC - wait for others to buy into it to see if it lives up to the quality hype and then decide if it is worth your time. I know it sounds guinea pig-ish and it is a highly opinionated matter, but the only other way to solve the issue of ripped copies is to submit every mod though an Apple store like system that verifies the contents for legitimacy. 

I can understand the cries for concern regarding C2C ripping, but how would we handle C2B ripping (i.e. ports), however badly they may be because they seem to be popular amongst the less experienced. Take a look at the recent announcement for the XB1 and its backwards compatibility with the 360; notice how not every title is on the list of 104 games, and some probably wont make it because of expired licenses for in-game content (i.e. forza and the lot). Not to mention that, as presented in the article, large corporate forms rarely if ever go after modders for breaching IP as the settlements would be minuscule; logically, they should embrace it because it would promote brand awareness, but at that point htey should just be creating the mods themselves for fear of slander regarding a poorly modelled vehicle. 

Also LoL @ the guy trying to sell the le mans pack. 3 of the 4 cars are already available as free mods, barring the R390, and are relatively easy to find if you look. (and from the looks of it appear to be better quality as well). That being said, finding mods for AC is a bit of a mess unless you scour every possible site - and when you do find that obscure mod, it may not even work with the current version of the game. (used to be just the lack of sound, but now throw in tyre models and whatnot).

Weekend was exhausting so the above reply might be bleh. Have some content rendering atm while I head off to lecture.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Just testing the waters here, but how many of you would like to see a track guide / onboard-pacenote style of video for the various tracks available in PCars and Assetto corsa? I already have a few videos recorded, and would just need to stitch together the views and record some commentary.

Format of the videos would be one baseline car (Caterham SP300R for pCars, TBD for AC) and one faster class of car (most likely Formula B (GP2), LMP2 or LMP1) for each available track (stages are TBD); I will also do videos for various GT3 cars if they are requested and I have time in my schedule. Telemetry provided where applicable.

The below 9 times were completed recently and are the ones I have recorded so far. I will most likely be using those times unless I find some magical way to lap faster, otherwise they will remain unchanged.

1511871228638611239.png

1511871228749298983.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

Rfactor 2 just arrived on steam and surprisingly its the cheapest its ever been. can't say its cheap still well its 40% meaning £14 for singleplayer and £37 for multiplayer. Great game from what i played of the demo but damn the multiplayer pricing is a let down. On another note i dropped a few hours into project cars, went back to AC breaking and crashed because the two games have differing braking distances especially for the older cars.

Listen if you care.

Rfactor 2 just arrived on steam and surprisingly its the cheapest its ever been. can't say its cheap still well its 40% meaning £14 for singleplayer and £37 for multiplayer. Great game from what i played of the demo but damn the multiplayer pricing is a let down. On another note i dropped a few hours into project cars, went back to AC breaking and crashed because the two games have differing braking distances especially for the older cars.

The braking distances are different and from what Ive found no amount of set up tuning or technique can get them to match exactly. Close, but not quite. Also similar cars drive completely differently because of the engines; take or example either of the F1 GTRs or Sauber C9 LMs/ Both are bloody quick at the top of 5th (~290 kph) but the pCars example is much easier in terms of shifting and the AC version is more delicate because of the boost (by that I mean you have to be more aware of your pedal positions in regards to steering input).

That being said, Patch 6.0 is out today and it brings not only the new tire model (in terms of heating structure and grip) but also a lot of changes to multiplayer, mostly on the host side with the long-awaited kick option. A few notes regarding DLCs in terms of getting contracts without the DLC installed, AI using DLC under the same conditions. Patch notes provided in the spoiler. Also new Oculus Rift functionality, though nothing mentioned for TrackIR (not that itreally needs fixing, because the major patch didnt break it COUGH KUNOS COUGH X64 COUGH.)

* NEW – Host kick function. The host of an online game can now select to immediately kick a player from the server. Kicked players will be auto-kicked if they attempt to rejoin the same multiplayer session.
* NEW – Mandatory pit stop option. The Lobby admin can opt to force a single pitstop during any race.
* NEW – Option to set race length by time (also available in Quick Race).
* NEW – ‘Allow Ghosted Vehicles’ option added so that the lobby admin can decide if he wants vehicles ghosted or not when they drive the wrong way.
* NEW – Dynamic race-end timer feature. In public races, the timer is 50% of the slowest moving car's lap time. In private races, the timer is 75% of slowest moving car's lap time.
* Fixed an exploit where a player could be awarded a win by jumping the start.
* Fixed an issue where, if the host is forcing realistic driving assists, the player wasn’t able to toggle the allowed assists on or off while in-race.
* Fixed a game crash issue if the client is kicked while typing in the chat box.
* Fixed an issue where, if Forced Default Setup is used, the pit crew would not change tyres until they’re completely worn. The tyres will now be changed when at least one tyre is worn down by 25% or more.

Career
* Fixed a bug where drivers in a simulated series can all end up with ‘INVALID NAME!’
* Fixed a bug where AI opponents would attempt to use DLC cars that are not installed.
* The player will no longer be offered a contract renewal for a DLC contract, if they've since uninstalled that DLC.
* DLC Career contract emails earned while a DLC was installed, are no longer shown if DLC is then uninstalled.
* If the player’s current contract is a DLC contract and the player uninstalls this DLC, the career season using this DLC contract will finish for the player when entering Dashboard and they will have to pick from valid contract offers to continue (or reinstall the uninstalled DLC).
* Fixed an issue where the Modified Cars Pack and Limited Edition DLC Invitationals and Accolades were visible for players who do not own these DLC packs. Entering these invitational events would cause the player and AI to be in non-matching vehicles.
* Fixed an issue where at times the pit crew wouldn’t change the tyre set to the one selected in pit-strategy.

Controls
* Fixed an issue where remapping KERS would stop it working.
* Fixed an issue where changes made to Gamepad Advanced Options were not saved.
* Added Thrustmaster T150 support.

Tracks
* Zolder – fixed a potential ‘landmine’ issue.
* Le Mans – adjusted the 55th garage spot to correct an issue where the cars would hit the pit wall on exiting this spot.
* Donington – all layouts – fixed an issue where cars would make contact with the left side wall when exiting some garages.
* Road America – pre-race camera tweaked to prevent the camera from clipping with the ground.
* Ruapuna Park – all layouts – fixed an issue with the last garage spot being outside garage area.
* Mojave – all layouts – fixed an issue with floating tyre skid marks, fixed an issue with rain being visible inside tunnels, and placed visible barriers in areas where the player is not allowed to drive.

Vehicles
* Bentley Continental GT3 – fixed DLC livery windscreen banners.
* Ruf CTR3 SMS-R – increased default tire pressure to work better with tire warmers.
* Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny – fixed an issue with the windscreen banner.

Physics & AI
* AI – improved awareness and look-ahead to help with situations in multi-class races, where AI in a fast car would fail to avoid the player and AI in much slower cars.
* Tyre updates – fixed an issue on several tyres to prevent FFB buzz when tread becomes worn very thin, re-calibrated most tyres for a carcass heating fix when the tyres are underinflated, adjusted wear rates on GT3, Group C, Trans-Am/GTO, DTM, and LMP rubber.
* Implemented support to remove detached wheels from the track after a certain amount of time.

GUI & HUD
* Vehicle selection – manufacturer page now orders icons alphabetically.
* Improved the French translations for some of the items in the vehicle setup screens.
* Minor updates to Career Dashboard – motorsports & DN Profile buttons are now tiles consistent with other tabs, Inbox is now full screen with clearer indication of highlighted mail, and initial Accept Contract Offer screen now has improved layout and clearer indication of signature button.
* Improved Race Central screen – better balanced background image, removed gradient in top-right corner.
* Track layout map images are now displayed on the quick track selection screens.
* Fixed an issue where ‘Invert Camera Y Axis’ text was being displayed as ‘Automatic Clutch’.
* Updated the Xbox One controller image to the new Elite Controller.
* Fixed an issue where the UI stops responding on ghost selection when player enters the My Garage option.

General
* Fixed an issue during pit stops where the pit crew mistakes ratio was too high.
* Driver name tags above cars can now be turned on for replays.
* Entering the pits during a Time Trial will now invalidate that lap’s time.
* Improved Helmet view exposure for historic drivers.

Oculus Rift
This update is primarily to improve the HUD position/rotation/scaling editor and the custom VR settings system.
* All movement and rotation is now relative to the HUD’s local axis instead of world axis.
* The HUD controls are now all located on the numeric keypad. Toggling between position and rotation modes are done by pressing the NUM-0 key.
* HUD movement speeds are now reduced and we added controls for slow scale control. The movement speed will now also accelerate if you press and hold a key, limited to maximum 10x speed.
* The movement amount per click of the HUD editing controls for placement and rotation are now scaled when you scale the HUD size up or down. This helps a lot as it gives much finer controls when positioning/rotating while the HUD is scaled down.
* Changes to the HUD position/rotation/scale will now only be saved when you confirm to save the edited HUD settings; otherwise it restores the previous settings.

New and improved Oculus HUD movement keys layout

The HUD adjustment now runs in one of two modes - movement and rotation / scale. Num-Pad 0 toggles between these modes.

In movement mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: move left and right
1 & 3: move left and right slowly
8 & 2: move up and down
7 & 9: move up and down slowly
+ & -: move back and forth
/ & *: move back and forth slowly
5: resets position to the default

In rotation / scale mode the controls are as follows (numpad)
4 & 6: rotate left and right
8 & 2: rotate up and down
1 & 3: rotate anti-clockwise / clockwise
+ & -: scale the HUD bigger and smaller
/ & *: scale the HUD bigger and smaller slowly
5: resets rotation and scale to the default

Custom VR settings system
This file is located in your ‘My Documents\Project CARS’ folder, and is called ‘oculussettings.xml’
There are entries to control the position, rotation and scale for each of the following:
* HUD (HUDSettings)
* Main Menus (FrontEndSettings)
* In-game Menus (InGameSettings)
The format for each is identical and the data can be copied between them. While we currently only allow you to edit the HUD in-game using the system documented above, you can freely copy the saved values to the entries for the front-end and in-game menus settings, and these will then also appear at the repositioned placement/rotation/scale settings.
FYI – the rotation part is a quaternion, if anyone wants to try and make sense of it (the names are intuitive, offsetX offsetY, offsetZ, scale, and rotation[WXYZ]).
The other 3 entries are:
* FullScreen – sets the full screen mirror mode. Default is ‘true’. Set to ‘false’ to disable full screen mirror mode.
* HideCrowds – used to hide crowds (performance gain). Default is ‘true’. Set to ‘false’ to enable crowds again.
* LimitCars – not yet used, future addition

I dumped about 3-4 hours into the game today, and got about 1 hour of footage that I'm editing now - a LMP1 race at Spa that ended badly (testing the new time-based race setting) and the other a 31 car duel at Monza, after which I couldnt feel my legs for a good bit. Good thing nothing over heated because I have my window open and its 9C up here LOL. Will post ASAP, or whenever I wake up from my nap.

1516049860700028842.jpg

@MEC-777 hope you're not so into FO4 that you forget to check out the patch :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

Race start at 14 minutes, though the middle part of quali was pretty fun as well. I need to find a way to bind the flash lights key to a macro <:

Note: ignore the disparity between car models in the replay; main image is "real time" as I saw it during the race, replay footage is post-race capture whereby the engine simply renders players who quit the race early as ghosts at the grid and for some reason subs in images from different models that may not correspond to the car on track; i.e. the 12C GT3s had different liveries, some cars magically transformed into Bentleys?? The replay also makes the grid look emptier than it was during the race (~8 people ended up leaving)

Guess everybody wanted to jump on to check out the new patch LOL Wasnt the cleanest of laps - still getting used to driving with more than 30L of fuel on board, and adjusting to the new tire heating model at the same time. Overall pretty happy with the pace I had - the low downforce definitely made catching up to cars easier but as you can see the racecraft on both ends needs improving. Good fun though; as expected at Monza, turn 1 was a free for all for the first three laps and you just hope you make it through there facing the right direction. 

1516516514028897425.jpg

It was a 30 car grid at the start, so understandably not everybody's systems could render the entities properly. I was unfortunately launched into the car in front of me, then had two seperate cars in front of me side swipe me - somehow I made it through the traffic and finished roughly in the same place that I started, given my spin and penalties. Started 13th (I think) and I fell to 18th at one point; had I not spun, I might have gotten further than 9th but with so many people falling prey to attrition who knows. My first truly massive grid in pcars thus far, with actual people - guess I sort of got an idea of what its like racing in the BES LOL.

Setup wise, definitely loving the SLI-Pro and Nardi wheel combo. The suede does rub off after a couple hours of driving... is that normal? Need to integrate the TrackIR more often now that my Beyerdynamic cables have finally arrived.

1516516513909744785.jpg

Oh, and I bought rFactor 2. Not really interested in any of the GT cars because of what I have available in AC and pCars, but the open wheel stuff definitely looks interesting. Anyone able to give insight as to whether rfactor 1 mods are interchangeable? Changed the thread title... again LOL.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Wow so new pcars patch? I haven't been able to play... Been so busy with both school and work and working on cars at home xD

New tire model? Does this mean everything changes and I have to relearn? xD

Did they reset the time trials leaderboards to cope with the new tire model? They need to.

Wow I can't wait till I get time to check it out, maybe tommorow night or Saturday! I have autocross to go to Sunday so definetly not then lol.

Spoiler

rFactor 2, 40% off on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365960/

ss_9573d7178a62a0632a22355909f3e3da8aa79

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Wow so new pcars patch? I haven't been able to play... Been so busy with both school and work and working on cars at home xD

New tire model? Does this mean everything changes and I have to relearn? xD

Did they reset the time trials leaderboards to cope with the new tire model? They need to.

Wow I can't wait till I get time to check it out, maybe tommorow night or Saturday! I have autocross to go to Sunday so definetly not then lol.

They updated the heating model after studying how real world motorsports tires, aka touring car and rally cross tires, heat up over time and under various conditions. Also updated the tire models for the historic cars, which are now faster than they used to be. Not sure how pronounced the effect is for all the other cars, but a leaderboard reset would be appreciated aha (which sucks because I have a lot of times :( )

Been doing some online MP every morning before lecture ahaha Gonna try rFactor 2 now.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Not too crazy about the cost of rfactor 2. Even with the discount, still seems a bit steep, IMO. Not crazy about the yearly sub for multiplayer either. Unless it is THAT good... Is it? 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS