Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

That top pic just might be my new wallpaper here at work. ;)

That 2nd pic... something's not quite right... :P

Yay! I knew racing in the dark at nurburgring would be a good idea, despite my conscience yelling at me not to do it :P And yeah, just a little love tap in that one xD

Video is for reference, as mine isn't edited yet :(

Funnily enough, I lapped Spa in 2m02s in the TS040 but can only manage 2m03s in either R18... mind you, I barely have practice in either and Im sure I can drop it down 2 seconds with ample practice and tuning. Interesting note: the TS040s hybrid system can be used strategically since it only deploys at full throttle, hence you can drive at 95% between corners and harvest, then deploy it all on a straight when traction is sufficient. In 3rd gear, a 100% ERS charge will propel the thing to 260 kph in ~10 seconds, maybe less since I havent measured it yet. Also the gearing means you spend most of your time above 3rd, though once the ERS runs out there is barely any torque in hte V8.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

bloody hell was just in a race with a couple of friends in the C6R coyote DP and im not sure what happened but someone flipped. was out of nowhere. scared the hell out of me. completely forgot i was racing and just scared in the mirror.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

watch the mirror in the car, sorry for the looking around in the car, its a habit

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

bloody hell was just in a race with a couple of friends in the C6R coyote DP and im not sure what happened but someone flipped. was out of nowhere. scared the hell out of me. completely forgot i was racing and just scared in the mirror.

Pretty sure that the bodywork is based on the C7 - not that it matters since it is just GM bodywork, everybody uses the same chassis and engines ^^ Fun cars, can definitely feel they're simpler than comparable P2s. I actually find the rear view camera in the DPs to be quite helpful, barely have to move your vision as long as you keep track of where cars are.

But yeah situational awareness is always tough to keep track of while you're racing - particularly in AC where your L-R view is a snapping motion instead of a progressive sweep like other titles. Not that much of an issue when you`re on the straights and exits, just gotta remember not to do it during corner entry.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Pretty sure that the bodywork is based on the C7 - not that it matters since it is just GM bodywork, everybody uses the same chassis and engines ^^ Fun cars, can definitely feel they're simpler than comparable P2s. I actually find the rear view camera in the DPs to be quite helpful, barely have to move your vision as long as you keep track of where cars are.

But yeah situational awareness is always tough to keep track of while you're racing - particularly in AC where your L-R view is a snapping motion instead of a progressive sweep like other titles. Not that much of an issue when you`re on the straights and exits, just gotta remember not to do it during corner entry.

i thought the 2014 DP was based on the C6, well it looks like the C7 at the front and the C6 at the back

you can set the speed at which it turns if you want

Listen if you care.

i thought the 2014 DP was based on the C6, well it looks like the C7 at the front and the C6 at the back

Oops, it does appear that the early DPs during the transition year for TUSC were based on the C6, but they were developed at a time when the C7 was in the works and C7 bodywork was also probably in R&D.

Nope, all Chevrolet-based Daytona Prototypes (excluding DPi, where manufacturer specific bodywork is yet to be introduced) are based (styled) off the C7. Release dates are a bit funny as they were in development at the same time, but DPs went active before the C7.R (and C7 for the general public) were officially unveiled. Thus at the time, some styling cues weren't finalized by GM and they couldn't apply them to the DP cars. Come 2015, after the C7s were properly introduced to the public, GM quickly announced revised bodywork for the DPs.

Below: Non-liveried C6 DP (2014)

spirit-of-daytona-2014-daytona-prototype

194eud7itd8g0jpg.jpg

Below: Non-liveried C7 DP (2015)

xnonkzcry5jntvvg21ql.jpg

samcvsjsqfrmw5lwutyw.jpg

So I guess you're kind of right - the 2014 spec was based on a C6.5 in a ways, but all the underpinnings were C7. 

Edit: so it does appear the 2014 was based on the C6, but I like my C6.5 idea better so <: Info above updated as appropriate.

I really do hope IER comes out with an updated TUSC pack, though a more interesting prospect would probably be a WTSC pack leading up to the 2017 regs when DPi is a thing and everybody has unique bodywork.

Folding@Home | BOINC

watch the mirror in the car, sorry for the looking around in the car, its a habit

What the heck!? Lol  

Looks like a clipping glitch. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Oops, it does appear that the early DPs during the transition year for TUSC were based on the C6, but they were developed at a time when the C7 was in the works and C7 bodywork was also probably in R&D.

Nope, all Chevrolet-based Daytona Prototypes (excluding DPi, where manufacturer specific bodywork is yet to be introduced) are based (styled) off the C7. Release dates are a bit funny as they were in development at the same time, but DPs went active before the C7.R (and C7 for the general public) were officially unveiled. Thus at the time, some styling cues weren't finalized by GM and they couldn't apply them to the DP cars. Come 2015, after the C7s were properly introduced to the public, GM quickly announced revised bodywork for the DPs.

Below: Non-liveried C6 DP (2014)

Below: Non-liveried C7 DP (2015)

So I guess you're kind of right - the 2014 spec was based on a C6.5 in a ways, but all the underpinnings were C7. 

Edit: so it does appear the 2014 was based on the C6, but I like my C6.5 idea better so <: Info above updated as appropriate.

I really do hope IER comes out with an updated TUSC pack, though a more interesting prospect would probably be a WTSC pack leading up to the 2017 regs when DPi is a thing and everybody has unique bodywork.

I don't understand the DP class and never have. Mid-engine RWD purpose-built race cars with bodies that (somewhat) resemble cars they have nothing to do with (aside from the engine). Why don't they just give them freedom to design their own bodies?

NASCAR is kind of similar, but they have a reason for those cars resemble "stock" cars. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I don't understand the DP class and never have. Mid-engine RWD purpose-built race cars with bodies that (somewhat) resemble cars they have nothing to do with (aside from the engine). Why don't they just give them freedom to design their own bodies?

NASCAR is kind of similar, but they have a reason for those cars resemble "stock" cars. ;)

For 2014-2016, it's mostly because of IMSA - the way they set up DP makes them outpower any current P2 car that is grandfathered in because of their weight, which makes them make better use of tires from a temperature standpoint, and their aero (or lack thereof) means they have enough straight line speed to stay ahead of any Ligier-Honda. The only time a Corvette DP isn't leading is because of a really twisty track, they all somehow crash out, or it rains really heavily and their continental rain tires are crap, allowing them to get passed gt a GT-LM 911 RSR. (too soon? Nah)

With DPi (Daytona Prototype International - yes, its stupid but hear me out) IMSA, the FIA, and the ACO have collectively agreed to open up the "prototype" class to encourage more global competition. IMSA is still the special case here, however - with each of the four approved (with a contingent fifth) chassis manufacturers, the North American entrant being Riley-Multimatic (yes, that Multimatic! the one in Ontario that is building the current Ford GTs and Mazda's Lola-Diesel prototypes), they are to supply customers with a full chassis and chassis-specific bodywork (sort of like IndyCar with Chevy vs Honda). This bodywork cannot be changed extensively aside from minor aero additions to accommodate various tracks; for the most part, any team running a season in a FIA or ACO sanctioned event MUST use this bodywork regardless of engine.

IMSA, the spoiled child that it is, wanted a special workaround for the above rule: to promote more first-party factory backed teams, not only will they allow you to use any of the four (five) approved chassis and engine combinations, BUT they will also allow the manufacturer to design and style their own BESPOKE bodywork. This is pretty enticing if you're not GM, as it opens up the doors to bring in your own products, be it BMW (should they ditch the M6), Bentley (should the Conty lose its homologation), Ferrari (should the 488 probe to be a flop), Honda (hell they already have a P2 spec V6 in the HPD ARX-04b) - heck, even Toyota-Lexus if they really wanted to! Yes yes, the DPi class goes deeper into this than just engine and bodywork, but from what I've presented it appears to be a crude attempt at bringing back world-class racing to North America - one that has a damn good chance of working.

2017 is going to be a good year for domestic motorsport in general, as in addition to DPi replacing DP, you have Prototype Challenge (PC) looking at replacing or updating their current Oreca FLM-09s (because IMSA doesn't like the WEC LMP3 cars), and FIA GT3 spec cars replacing the current IMSA GTD cars (cost-saving measure and to open up ellegibility). 

Below: the 2015-spec cars ripping through turn 5 at CTMP

The caveat here, however, is the cost to run a full season in the (2016) WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. The main reason that the field is shrinking is not because the cars can't compete, it's because of the sheer amount of capital required to enter into a season, let alone buying the car itself and spares. The estimated annual cost for a FULL TUSC season was around $2.5 million USD, compared to ~$800K to run in the GT3/GTC spec Pirelli World Challenge.

Folding@Home | BOINC

I think they should bring back the Cam-Am series. Problem is safety was not top concern back then and they allowed things to get quite "wild". There really isn't any class any more where teams/manufacturers can "go nuts" to try and make the fastest car within the rules because the rules are all way too strict these days. What we see now is more "driver" battles rather than manufacturer battles, though there really is only so much a driver can do with under-par equipment. 

It kind of seems like throughout the last ~30-40 years of racing history, they discovered all the fun stuff of how to make cars crazy fast, the either banned or restricted all that until we are left with what we have now. Super tight regulations and very little room for innovation, IMO. 

There is certainly lots of exciting racing to be seen and the technology is constantly evolving, don't get me wrong. I;m not really sure what it is I'm trying to say here, lol. More just thinking out loud. :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

I think they should bring back the Cam-Am series. Problem is safety was not top concern back then and they allowed things to get quite "wild". There really isn't any class any more where teams/manufacturers can "go nuts" to try and make the fastest car within the rules because the rules are all way too strict these days. What we see now is more "driver" battles rather than manufacturer battles, though there really is only so much a driver can do with under-par equipment. 

It kind of seems like throughout the last ~30-40 years of racing history, they discovered all the fun stuff of how to make cars crazy fast, the either banned or restricted all that until we are left with what we have now. Super tight regulations and very little room for innovation, IMO. 

There is certainly lots of exciting racing to be seen and the technology is constantly evolving, don't get me wrong. I;m not really sure what it is I'm trying to say here, lol. More just thinking out loud. :P

Basically, the FIA is ruining the sport in a sense but there is literally no other organizing body that could take over the task and run any of the sports they currently do, to the same degree and success. The last thing we need to do is have a G8 summit meeting amongst the various disciplinary bodies, but as the recent FIA-ACO-IMSA agreement has shown, good things can come out of it if you take a step back and analyze the situation objectively (mind you, it could still take as much as a decade for anything to come to fruition).

As for the vehicular side, LMP1 is pretty much the only class where technical diversity mixed with driver talent provides one of the best on-track action. Sure, it's not cheap either - the barrier to entry is immensely high, and aside from COTA, most of the attention remains in Europe. Then you have similar skeleton cars, which are immensely fast and fuel efficient, now incorporating various hybrid techs, like Super GT and DTM - both of which are series that develop drivers so good, that they themselves don't see them progressing into the next tier of auto racing because it would essentially be a "downgrade." Then we have single seaters - GP2, F-3, IndyCar, etc - all sports designed to move drivers up the ladder in a traditional sense, where in reality the seats they work to move up to just don't exist (especially with the costs of F1 nowadays, and "dangers" of Indy).

In short, the current state of global motorsports is this: more talented drivers graduating than there are competitive cars for them to bid for spots in, and by the time the overhanging body sorts out tech regs and gets costs down, people have either lost interest or gone into GT-sports car racing (where they then fight with less-talented, high-capital gentleman drivers that add a sort of entertaining factor to racing but dont bring any momentum in terms of advancement). The way I see it, best to let them work out how to implement hybrid systems and get costs down before we re-evaluate how relevant the act as a whole is to the manufacturer in general, and their road cars. Or something. /rant :/

Oh, and as for under-par equipment - Fernando Alonso has been driving the wheels off of the blatantly terrible McLaren-Honda, and he's still able to duke it out with the Force-Indias and Saubers in the mid-pack (though its attributed to his years of battling against Schumacher and Vettel, I guess). 

Outside of on-track stuff, rally (WRC, ERC, Rally America, etc.) has remained relatively the same over the past decade and I don't see much improvement here beyond safety.

TL:DR WEC LMP1 is where it's at!

Folding@Home | BOINC

Man silverstone was such an epic race. it was the first wec race which i watched and holy crap it was awesome. I remember being gutted that Webber's epic stint killed off the car. Then there was the final five minutes where Marc Lieb was gaining something insane like 20seconds per lap. After that race i knew i was gonna stick with the WEC. I know many many adults even grandparents that felt like giddy little children while watching that race. 

Listen if you care.

Listen if you care.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but does anyone have a Drift setup for the Scion FRS Rocket Bunny?

Project CARS, is the game im talking about haha.

Haven't seen any posted yet, everyone is more or less experimenting with tunes they've uses in other games. The nitto Tires are surprisingly compliant and give you some angle to play with in stock form but you'll have to work on it yourself for now :/

I'd suggest playing around with rear pressures, suspension, and steering rack. There doesn't seem to be a way of opening the rads so you have to manage your temps.

Folding@Home | BOINC

So these just arrived in the mail!! Unfortunately I'm off to work, so I'll be assembling the thing when I get home. Going to be doing a step-by-step guide of sorts with relatively simple hand tools. For now, have a one-picture unboxing!

1498659237449655109.jpg

1498659237528357445.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

1b58fba2a0011520c0d1a300511ab063.jpg

Made another skin today, what do you guys think, its on racedepartment if you want it.

Listen if you care.

1b58fba2a0011520c0d1a300511ab063.jpg

Made another skin today, what do you guys think, its on racedepartment if you want it.

AH the KCMG car that got surprise butt sexed by the GDrive Ligier! Looks good, I'll definitely be checking it out when I do my video. The blue seems a tad too bright but the decals are fine.

Anything is better than the one blue it comes default with LOL

Folding@Home | BOINC

AH the KCMG car that got surprise butt sexed by the GDrive Ligier! Looks good, I'll definitely be checking it out when I do my video. The blue seems a tad too bright but the decals are fine.

Anything is better than the one blue it comes default with LOL

shaders are a bitch with this car. you might notice it looks fuzzy. no clue why, come skins have a carbon layer by them, some are dark and some are bright. this car is haunted or something. not skinning it again.

Listen if you care.

shaders are a bitch with this car. you might notice it looks fuzzy. no clue why, come skins have a carbon layer by them, some are dark and some are bright. this car is haunted or something. not skinning it again.

LOL fair enough. Honestly anything is better than racing that bare naked p2 car.

Folding@Home | BOINC

LOL fair enough. Honestly anything is better than racing that bare naked p2 car.

54a54cffda778bc56e04a33ecbf176a0.png

a lot to work on also VEC asked me to move their skins to AC though im not sure why

Listen if you care.

I've heard some rumors about some group making mods for pcars. Or at least working on them.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I've heard some rumors about some group making mods for pcars. Or at least working on them.

machinedojo. The modeller is good, i feel out big time with him but i respect his work, the guys doing the physics are questionable with the previous mods they have done, skinners are unknown to me. 

http://machinedojomt.weebly.com/

The mod was meant to come to assetto corsa but they said and i quote "its too hard". Im not sure what their real reason is as AC stands to be the easiest sim to mod for. But i hope it attracts more modders

Listen if you care.

machinedojo. The modeller is good, i feel out big time with him but i respect his work, the guys doing the physics are questionable with the previous mods they have done, skinners are unknown to me. 

http://machinedojomt.weebly.com/

The mod was meant to come to assetto corsa but they said and i quote "its too hard". Im not sure what their real reason is as AC stands to be the easiest sim to mod for. But i hope it attracts more modders

ha. A/C is most likely way easier to mod being there is 100 other mods out there for it lol

but that is pretty neat. I just have a feeling the physics will be terrible and/or unrealistic. Perhaps ruining multiplayer experience if they work in MP.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

ha. A/C is most likely way easier to mod being there is 100 other mods out there for it lol

but that is pretty neat. I just have a feeling the physics will be terrible and/or unrealistic. Perhaps ruining multiplayer experience if they work in MP.

I expect they'll be getting help on the physics side. MachineDojo is in talks with URD on porting their assetto corsa content to Pcars, though the cars in question are payware but from my experience well worth it. So far the pcars renders of their PX1 (LMP1) cars look on par with SMS but no idea how they drive.

URD has also been drafted by Kunos to port some of their AC DLC to rfactor 2, so that should say something about the AC side of things. Unfortunately were stuck with SMS DLC every one or two months as MD&SW are the only known group talking the challenge.

Their gen 2 r8 lms looks pretty promising though. Personally can't wait to see what they do with the calla way c7 gt3 and atsv.r. No cares for the RCF gt3 because it's so unbelievably behind schedule - both in reality and digital.

Folding@Home | BOINC