What's genuinely the scariest movie you've ever seen?

If you're looking for something to watch I'd recommend "Outbreak" because it's a no-laughing-matter movie about what could happen in another "Ebola 2" virus outbreak and how the US military would handle it. I find it scary because it could be a real possibility of a "worst case scenario" actually happening. Plus there's big guns and helicopter chases, can't go wrong there.

A trailer:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

If you're looking for something to watch I'd recommend "Outbreak" because it's a no-laughing-matter movie about what could happen in another "Ebola 2" virus outbreak and how the US military would handle it. I find it scary because it could be a real possibility of a "worst case scenario" actually happening. Plus there's big guns and helicopter chases, can't go wrong there.

aliens when I was like 5 or 6

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

The ring when I was 14... Never again.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The Exorcist. Made 42 years ago and still scares the living crap out of me.

Ringu managed to unsettle me in ways I haven't felt for a long time.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

The Cell inspired one of the most vivid nightmare tortures I had when I was around 7 or 8 years old.

Edit: Specifically Carl's Torture Chamber

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I watched "The Babadook" holy fucking shit.

What is it about?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What is it about?

There's a much deeper message embedded within the film but I'll link the trailer for you to check it out :)

It's on netflix btw :P

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Ju-on: The Grudge. Not the Hollywood-ized version, but the original Japanese version. This was the first horror movie to truly scare the crap out of me. The quiet, slow-paced scenes easily fool you into forgetting that you're watching a movie and adds a strange feel of immersion. This is speaking as someone who has never been afraid of the typical fast-paced, bloody slasher Hollywood "horror" film*. I actually find most Hollywood horror movies amusing to watch because there is very rarely any reason to empathize with the victims. In fact, most of the time I identify with the killer instead of the victims.

*There's probably an American-made horror film that would scare the shits out of me, I just haven't found it yet.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

mean girls 2

Fallout 4 

LTT's Tumblr Consultant 

aliens when I was like 5 or 6

Man, I watched the first one at about that age and dam, I couldn't sleep for a week. Absolutely love Alien 1+2 now though

A Serbian Film. I still lose sleep over what I saw in that movie. It is truly disgusting and terrifying. Other than that, I think The Cell earns my mark as the scariest movie ever. It gets in your head and it is just a kind of horror you don't see every day.

edit

Nevermind, An American Crime and The Girl Next Door are terrifying movies as well.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My Birth.

Seriously. (I had complications)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

not much of a movie watcher.. so don't have anything really.

I have watched the Exorcist (no the old one) and I would rate it 'meh' on scaryness..

Seen some snippets from human centipede, but it's more gore than horror.. And sadly that is the case with many horror movies.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Phantom Menace. I still have nightmares ;) 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

After age of ten I haven't seen any scary movies, but this one I remember well. Didn't take showers for a week.

Oh yea, It was definitely a scary movie. I still don't walk by storm drains. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Oh yea, It was definitely a scary movie. I still don't walk by storm drains. :lol:

Funny how those memories stuck. I even despised hamburgers after eating them in stomach flu and was scared of doctors of years after intensive care which I didn't even remember cuz I was so young. Even songs sang to me then gave me fringes afterwards.

E: This song is still inherently wrong. There's something sinister about it still, even though I know why.

(ffs I'm lefty and sinister means left sided.)

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

I was going to say IT, Scared the life out of me when I was younger and sends shivers down my spine even now.

In recent years a Japanese horror called "SHUTTER",

When I was younger, I saw "Cube" and had trouble sleeping in square rooms for YEARS.

these days, the only movie I've actually gotten up and turned off is "The Strangers"

The movies that stand out were Die Monster Die, IT, and The Ring. I saw these when I was 6, 12, and 15

Columbus Blue Jackets

CPU: Core i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz | Mobo: Asus P8Z68 M-Pro | RAM: Patriot Viper 8GB 1866MHzGPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming |Storage: 1TB WD Black + 500GB WD BluePSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooling: Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)| Displays: LG 19"  | Kb: Corsair K95 RGB (Brown switches) | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Case: Diablotek Evo | Ext: Logitech 5.1 Speakers | OS: Win 7 64 bit