Fury X price might be affected by a Cooler Master suit vs Asetek

zMeul

Someone said the same thing on OCN, this was the exact reply from Asetek:

I take back what i said then. Didn't believe it could be such a blatant copy.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

How did they manage to take out the H220?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I take back what i said then. Didn't believe it could be such a blatant copy.

Yeah this is what patents really are for. I mean, people continually barraged Thermaltake for "copying" CaseLabs' designs, however CaseLabs did not have a patent. So I don't see how people can actually do the opposite to Asetek, meaning ridicule them for actually protecting their patent. 

Yeah this is what patents really are for. I mean, people continually barraged Thermaltake for "copying" CaseLabs designs, however CaseLabs did not have a patent. So I don't see how people can actually do the opposite to Asetek, meaning ridicule them for actually protecting their patent. 

Been saying this for ages since people started calling Asetek for patent trolls. Most AIO's have just been blatant rip offs of Asetek's design.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

So only 1 company has the patents to AIO? Well Asetek can get fucked. My Seidon 120V is nothing like their AIO.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

http://www.swiftech.com/pr-7-19-13-h220-removedfromus.aspx

Been saying this for ages since people started calling Asetek for patent trolls. Most AIO's have just been blatant rip offs of Asetek's design.

Yeah I wonder if you went back and searched through all of the threads of people calling Thermaltake a rip off copy cat brand, how many of those same people call Asetek patent trolls.  :D

Yeah I wonder if you went back and searched through all of the threads of people calling Thermaltake a rip off copy cat brand, how many of those same people call Asetek patent trolls.  :D

I'd have to see it written in english. I don't speak legaleeze (also known as the language of bullshit)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'd have to see it written in english. I don't speak legaleeze (also known as the language of bullshit)

Swiftech withdrew the cooler from the market to avoid litigation. Translation in English; Swiftech knew they violated Asetek's patent and to avoid going to court they pulled the cooler from the market.

As long as it has the pump on the CPU, it's patented by Asetek.  Unfortunately, no one wants to put it elsewhere except for people like EK and swiftech on their H240 which fixed the 220 problem.

So only 1 company has the patents to AIO? Well Asetek can get fucked. My Seidon 120V is nothing like their AIO.

Asetek INVENTED THE AIO. I'm not really sure why people are getting so pissy about one of the rare times where patent lawsuits are completely valid and being used properly. Look at the post a little above yours showing off an Asetek cooler and a CM one taken apart. They are pretty much exactly the fucking same.

source: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_r9_fury_x_to_be_affected_by_asetek_lawsuit/1 ---nothing but bad news for AMD, they can't seem to catch a moment of peace and quietps: does anyone know the exact CM model on Fury X?

R9 295x2 was Asetec...

Fury X seems to have been using CM pumps and rad with some other fans...

also zMeul... got any other news for us that MATTERS?

Well most AIOs are designed by Asetek and just have some brand's name and fans slapped onto it.

I hope nvidia is compensating the op.

JFC someone says one negative thing about AMD (hard not to) and now they're Nvidia shills.

Grow up kid

JFC someone says one negative thing about AMD (hard not to) and now they're Nvidia shills.

Grow up kid

"I will always hate AMD with every fiber in my body..." - zMuel 

It would have been fine if someone else made this thread, but zMuel has got quite a bad rep apparently. Was banned from AMD's reddit as well IIRC. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

"I will always hate AMD with every fiber in my body..." - zMuel 

It would have been fine if someone else made this thread, but zMuel has got quite a bad rep apparently. Was banned from AMD's reddit as well IIRC. 

Sorry. I only had the OP to go on and I didn't see him say that.

If he said that, then that's completely dumb. Dunno how you can hate a brand so much, with every fiber in your body, and apparently troll their subreddit.

Sorry. I only had the OP to go on and I didn't see him say that.

If he said that, then that's completely dumb. Dunno how you can hate a brand so much, with every fiber in your body, and apparently troll their subreddit.

ZMeul has stated that amd made him lose money and now he hates AMD. It was in that amd hits rock bottom thread in which he declares his hatred for AMD. This thread is pretty tamed though.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Asetek INVENTED THE AIO. I'm not really sure why people are getting so pissy about one of the rare times where patent lawsuits are completely valid and being used properly. Look at the post a little above yours showing off an Asetek cooler and a CM one taken apart. They are pretty much exactly the fucking same.

Asetek wants a monopoly on AIO.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This appears to be a simple case of patent infringement when you put the two designs side by side, but I don't see any simple benefits from the patent's existence. ...Unless I'm supposed to believe that Asetek's (or some other company's) development of this type of AIO was contingent on them being able to get patent protection, and that without patent protection, AIOs wouldn't exist as soon as they did. I'm open to this possibility...

Maybe this will force Fury X2 to use an Asetek cooler. Maybe Asetek was mad that AMD didn't use something from them for the Fury X.

Asetek does not have monopoly. You cannot have monopoly on AIO's as you have cooling alternatives. Asetek's patents are for exactly what patents were made for: Prevent blatant copying. CM's AIO's are carbon copies of the Asetek patents.

Asetek will have a monopoly on cooling solutions for top end AMD cards unless AMD cools them with air (probably not feasible), integrates the pump and reservoir with the radiator (unless someone has a patent on -that- too), or uses separate waterblocks, pumps and radiators (probably too expensive).

asetek has a monopoly due it's patent in water cooling hardware , and that's good since with lower tdp coming next year to nvidia and amd we won't need to water cool for a few years , i hope it goes out of business until then

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Yeah wccftech jumps in to debunk the rumor http://wccftech.com/amd-r9-furyx-production-hindered-asetek-lawsuit/2/

lol, I knew the FuryX pump was similar to a 120V. Same whine, different pitch.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Well most AIOs are designed by Asetek and just have some brand's name and fans slapped onto it.

I know, I was referring to all the knock offs, like Cooler Master's and the others. By design (functional, not aesthetical), they were identical.

Asetek wants a monopoly on AIO.

asetek has a monopoly due it's patent in water cooling hardware , and that's good since with lower tdp coming next year to nvidia and amd we won't need to water cool for a few years , i hope it goes out of business until then

There's no such thing as having monopoly on AIO as you have alternatives, like air coolers or water coolers with the pump off of the cold plate. This is a specific product that Asetek owns all the rights to. The term monopoly is just as abused as the term racism. It's really annoying .

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I know, I was referring to all the knock offs, like Cooler Master's and the others. By design (functional, not aesthetical), they were identical.

There's no such thing as having monopoly on AIO as you have alternatives, like air coolers or water coolers with the pump off of the cold plate. This is a specific product that Asetek owns all the rights to. The term monopoly is just as abused as the term racism. It's really annoying .

here's my problem : it's not like they invented something new, they took the concept of  cooling using a pump and radiator and made a patent specific for cpu cooling because otherwise they would infringe on other patents

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

Grow up kid

One negative thing? You must be new here.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see someone else has taught you the ways of zMuel.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

here's my problem : it's not like they invented something new, they took the concept of  cooling using a pump and radiator and made a patent specific for cpu cooling because otherwise they would infringe on other patents

The AIO and design/concept of it is new and unique, which constitutes the correct term of innovation. Real innovation is very much patentable.

I assume radiators and pumps are so old and generic that patents of those are obsolete or just not specific enough to interfere with Asetek's design. If that is incorrect, then Asetek surely pays royalties for that too.

Cooler Master CANNOT ask AMD for more money, if the contract has been made with any common sense at all. The way this should work is, AMD signs a contract with CM to buy large batches of their select cooler at a fixed price; CM then commits to providing said cooler in the quantities needed by AMD. Altering the price would go against a similar contract.

It's also worth pointing out that the coolers used in the fury x have a custom plate design, not necessarily similar to the usual cpu plate - meaning it is conceivable that these models do not in fact infringe the patent.

But they can increase the price on all future orders, and then AMD can move to some other manufacturer if they disagree. In the end this won't really affect AMD very much.