Xbox one controller for pc wont be compatible till 2014

felixbearpig

people exited about the xbox one game pad , i know i am , will be disappointed to find out it wont be compatible with pc till sometime next year.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/12/xbox-one-controller-pc-compatibility-update/

i am bummed to hear that because i was going to get one as soon as it came out, what do you think about this?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I'll just stick with my ps3 controller then. Also most games are better with a mouse and keyboard anyways ;)

I'll just stick with my ps3 controller then. Also most games are better with a mouse and keyboard anyways ;)

It depends which games you play. A lot of indie games are better with or basically unplayable without a controller. Hack n' Slash's and fighting games in particular, as well as a lot of platformers and such. Sometimes games are almost straight 360 ports, and even though they could work well on PC the developer couldn't afford or didn't put in the effort for making it properly playable with a mouse and keyboard either.

Anyway, I don't think this news is all that surprising. The console is coming out pretty late this year, and if it's similar to the 360 PC controller they'll probably need to design the product (the dongle and drivers, at least) and manufacture it and all that, and we know that Windows always plays second banana to XBOX in Microsoft's eyes.

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

It'll work fine with the wire.

This article seems to be talking about the wireless part of it, which I don't care about.

If it doesn't work natively, I can force it with XPadder.

Still confused why it can't work now, Microsoft based product operating on an x86 platform....

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

You'll just need to buy a wireless dongle for the cheap price of $39.99! (Pssst... If you preorder you get the special Day One Edition which is the same as the regular one but with racing stripes for extra speed)

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

You'll just need to buy a wireless dongle for the cheap price of $39.99! (Pssst... If you preorder you get the special Day One Edition which is the same as the regular one but with racing stripes for extra speed)

Grab an AEM sticker and you got yourself another +50 HP easy.

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

2014 will only be a few months from release anyway. :P Not a problem for me.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Not a big difference between the 360 and one I think I'll stick with my 360 controller for pc and one for my one lol

Wonder if it will be early 2014! Otherwise I'll stick with my  360 controller.

That's a matter of preference. I personally play anything that's campaign or single player with a controller because I prefer the console type experience but if I play competitively online I might use the kb/m because it's more accurate, it's not as fun though in my eyes

anything wrong with the X360 controller? I mean I <3 my Razer Sabertooth. Whats different about the X1's? Sorry I have already forgotten since I didnt care all that much.

I'm gonna keep using my xbox 360 controller till it breaks or catches fire (like my last one did xD)

anything wrong with the X360 controller? I mean I <3 my Razer Sabertooth. Whats different about the X1's? Sorry I have already forgotten since I didnt care all that much.

No giant Batterypack in the back, Vibration in the Triggers and way better DPad.

Im waiting till they make the Ps4 Controller work on PC, because i don't like the Analog Stick layout of the Xbox its just unatrual and doesn't make any sense .

RTX2070OC 

i was planning to get a controller for Christmas instead of a console...

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Hm, do we have to pay $60 a month to be allowed to plug the controller into the computer as well?

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

It's going to look kind of weird the day the Xbox One launches and I stand in line to just buy the controller. And if someone asked me "Oh do you already have the Next gen?" I can just say "Yes, my PC is at home."  B)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I'm comfortable with my mouse and keyboard to be honest. If I wanted to use a controller, I'd play on console.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

I use my Dualshock 3 controller for most PC games, never liked the XBOX controller. Works great.

No giant Batterypack in the back, Vibration in the Triggers and way better DPad.

Im waiting till they make the Ps4 Controller work on PC, because i don't like the Analog Stick layout of the Xbox its just unatrual and doesn't make any sense .

Ah well I probably wont use it unless razer updates the sabertooth as thats one solid contoller.

I hat the analog sticks on the PS series controler for me its super uncomfortable when your using them mainly. I prefer the 360 controller especially for shooters and best controller is the Wii U Pro layout wise.

I'll wait till all of my Xbox 360 controllers break or I find one for really cheap. Until then, nah.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

i want a controller but now i guess i will have to wait a little longer