Xbox one controller for pc wont be compatible till 2014

felixbearpig

also, it has micro USB. on a freaking controller. It's not like a proper non-breaking connector doesn't fit on there, but also it will get thrown around while using in wired mode, so many will break very early. I mean with phones it already wears out within about a year or two, but with those you only really have it plugged in over night every second night or so. it just lays there, mostly untouched and not moved around. With the controller you have it plugged in while you are gaming(assuming you want the lowest possible latency), which means you will move the controller around, you'll tug on the connector, throw the controller in the corner of the room and many other horrible things that will kill a weak connector quickly.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Some1 will make an alpha driver that works with windows, just like the Xbox 360 controller

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

also, it has micro USB. on a freaking controller. It's not like a proper non-breaking connector doesn't fit on there, but also it will get thrown around while using in wired mode, so many will break very early. I mean with phones it already wears out within about a year or two, but with those you only really have it plugged in over night every second night or so. it just lays there, mostly untouched and not moved around. With the controller you have it plugged in while you are gaming(assuming you want the lowest possible latency), which means you will move the controller around, you'll tug on the connector, throw the controller in the corner of the room and many other horrible things that will kill a weak connector quickly.

microB is 10x more durable than miniB and its designed so than when something does fail its the connector on the cable not the one on the phone. it should either have micoB or straight up B but they arnt going to use B because it const a bunch more just due to connector size. Also most people now days definitely have a microB cable somewhere that they could use. If they use B  the cable are going to cost a ton because places like walmart and bestbuy still sell them as some amazing special printer cable.

Sorry to day this but phones are designed to fail after a couples of years at best nowdays.

I also bet money on that all plugging it in does is charge it. They had this feature early on with the Play and Charge Kit on the X360. you could just snap it onto a wireless controller and plug it into a PC and it would just work. They quickly and stealthily remove that before use go off the ground very far.

Why are you throwing your controller? Also idk what the quoted batter like is on them but I assume it would be close to the Wii U Pro which is 80hrs. Either way just plu it in when you do and l wallah it charged when you comeback to play again. and if it has the 80hr batter life you dont even have to remember tio do it every time.

Some1 will make an alpha driver that works with windows, just like the Xbox 360 controller

the 360 contorller work by default since windows vista as there was a built in driver to try to push Games For Windows Live

anything wrong with the X360 controller? I mean I <3 my Razer Sabertooth. Whats different about the X1's? Sorry I have already forgotten since I didnt care all that much.

Have you ever tried using the D-pad for let's say a platformer game? It's unusable. Why is it that Nintendo figured out how to make a proper d-pad all the way back in 1983 and a multi-billion dollar like Microsoft just now figured out how to make one? Sony's is still unusable crap.

That's the only new feature I care about. Microsoft said there are 40 new improvements but I've only been able to see/read about a handful like slightly changed ergonomics, better wireless protocol, IR port on the controller, better D-pad, tactile triggers, etc.

anything wrong with the X360 controller? I mean I <3 my Razer Sabertooth. Whats different about the X1's? Sorry I have already forgotten since I didnt care all that much.

Have you ever tried using the D-pad for let's say a platformer game? It's unusable. Why is it that Nintendo figured out how to make a proper d-pad all the way back in 1983 and a multi-billion dollar like Microsoft just now figured out how to make one? Sony's is still unusable crap.
That's the only new feature I care about. Microsoft said there are 40 new improvements but I've only been able to see/read about a handful like slightly changed ergonomics, better wireless protocol, IR port on the controller, better D-pad, tactile triggers, etc.
well the sabertooth has a amazing dpad and better sticks so im happy.

Edit: For the wireless protocol thing they really need to just go to Bluetooth like everyone else. I know their banking on selling controller and the license to the few companies who want to pat for it. But I mean come on really?