AMD confirms Deus Ex: Makind Divided will have DX12 support from day one.

minibois

kTz1QBo.jpg?1

Unless Lionhead Studios gets a move on with Fable Legends, it’s looking as if Deus Ex: Mankind Divided will be the first game out of the gate with DirectX 12. AMD’s Richard Huddy has revealed Eidos Montreal’s cyberpunk sequel will have DirectX 12 support from day one, along with TressFX 3.0.

We already knew Deus Ex: Mankind Divided would be packing DX12 in some shape or form, but it’s nice to hear it’ll be in there from day one, supporting the entire feature set available from the new graphics API. The fear was that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided would be updated post-launch with a DirectX 12 patch, but it’s going to be available straight away and the game is also going to come with its own built-in DX12 benchmarking tool.

[...]

AMD has got the upper hand at the moment with DirectX 12 support, at least in the early benchmarks we’ve seen from Ashes of the Singularity. At the moment Nvidia has until February 23rd, when Deus Ex: Mankind Divided officially launches, to gets Asynchronous Support and and its DX12 drivers in shape.

Pretty interesting stuff, I wonder how the game will turn out in terms of performance on all kinds of hardware (6+ core CPU's and all that stuff).

Of course it will also be interesting how Nvidia will perform compared to AMD in this game, as we have only seen 1 DX12 benchmark really.

Source: 

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=18109&game=Deus%20Ex:%20Mankind%20Divided&title=Deus%20Ex:%20Mankind%20Divided%20Will%20Have%20DirectX%2012%20Support%20From%20Day%20One%20Confirms%20AMD

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well at least DX12 support won't multiply the hate this game has already, the community seems a bit divided because of the pre-order 'bonuses'. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I will play it purely to see what one of the first DX 12 titles is capable of. And I'm sure Nvidia will find a way to compete on DX 12 or pay the devs insane amounts of money to implement Nvidia only features. The usual... :D
And this is coming from someone who owned only Nvidia cards for the past 7 years. :P

I didn't ask for this... :P

It's not the API we deserve, but it's the API we need.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

only if they can release dx12 drivers until then.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If it isn't a preorder exclusive....

only if they can release dx12 drivers until then.

current drivers already support dx12 from what I know - in fact they have for a while.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If it isn't a preorder exclusive....

You can only get DX12 if you get 10 friends to pre order the game too :P

/jk

You can only get DX12 if you get 10 friends to pre order the game too :P

and ship them your left eye bathed in 100ml of your blood

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Swegeriffic!

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

I would rather have a optimized DX11 game than a bad day one DX12. I hope everyone will be prepared for this. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJkzcQDqbpE

Nope. AMD is really not doing the right thing siding with that particular publisher.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Nope. AMD is really not doing the right thing siding with that particular publisher.

Oh wow, get over it already. You get free stuff if you pre order and you get to choose what you want. You don't preorder, you don't get free stuff. What's the problem? It's hardly different than Deus Ex Human Revolutions or most other games.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Remember guys...

DX12 will not CURE US of PC PORTS, lazy devs & half assed attempts at optimization.

They can still fuck it up like they have with DX11 all these years!

/Saving grace, I'm keen,..., but don't hold your breath YET.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ugh. I know I'm going to have to upgrade to Windows 10 at some point. But I just don't want to.

I'm guessing that Fallout 4 will be my lynch-pin

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Ugh. I know I'm going to have to upgrade to Windows 10 at some point. But I just don't want to.

windows ten isn't that bad. remember Microsoft is still refusing to hand over emails to the us government, they need to have a reputation of security and privacy otherwise other countries will not use there software. so rest assured any data that goes to microsoft from 10 is  anonymous. and you can turn all of it off with third party software if you want 

im gonna guess that the first gen dx12 games wont make use of unused CPU cycles

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

im gonna guess that the first gen dx12 games wont make use of unused CPU cycles

Only useful if the game is generally CPU limited. I want to see Async compute instead for better fps.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I doubt it will do anything. Nothing seemed to happen to Nvidia after they sided with Watch Dogs, AC Unity, Lords of the Fallen and Arkham Asylum (this one both for performance and pre order nonsense).

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Fallout 4 is not going to be dx12

Skyrim was dx9 in 2011

Bethesda is as tech illiterate as your grandma probably

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

FUCK DEUS EX.

DXMD_Augment_Your_PreOrder.jpg

The only thing this says is you shouldn't pre order, it's still probably going to be great

HR was my 2011 goty

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

The only thing this says is you shouldn't pre order, it's still probably going to be great

HR was my 2011 goty

It'll be great, but incomplete for non-preorders.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Oh wow, get over it already. You get free stuff if you pre order and you get to choose what you want. You don't preorder, you don't get free stuff. What's the problem? It's hardly different than Deus Ex Human Revolutions or most other games.

um what? this preorder scheme they have is reprehensible. not only are they locking gameplay content (levels) behind a preorder wall, there is content locked to you even if you preorder. how is not seen as a terrible idea by everyone? do you like being given a game that has obviously had content removed only to be offered as a preorder "bonus" that then cant be accessed by those that didn't preorder and would rather wait and see if the game is actually good or not to make sure they aren't wasting their money? and even then even when you preordered you still don't get access to all the content?

Fallout 4 is not going to be dx12

Skyrim was dx9 in 2011

Bethesda is as tech illiterate as your grandma probably

bethesda isn't tech illiterate, they actually take 5 years to make a game (TES games and FO games) as they do extensive engine rebuilding in the development of one of those games. You can't expect a developer to retrofit their entire game to be compatible with a new API thats going to be less than 1 year old by the time their game releases. FO4 has probably been done (minus hardening and final QA) since early this year (Mayish) and at that time DX12 wasn't even available to devs iirc.