Things you wish you did with your PC, but didnt think of in time.

Jack.EXE

I actually wish I went with an A10-7850K+motherboard for my CPU. The integrated GPU would have been perfect had I known I was going to start recording... And it would have been so much easier to set up than all this pain I'm going through with this dual xeon rig...

That said, what are your wishes?

I actually wish I went with an A10-7850K+motherboard for my CPU. The integrated GPU would have been perfect had I known I was going to start recording... And it would have been so much easier to set up than all this pain I'm going through with this dual xeon rig...

That said, what are your wishes?

listen to reviews on hard drives. this hard drive is so loud. and it seems that other people with the same one gets the same noise

Reading reviews of Bulldozer before purchasing an 8120.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Wish I went with a better socket than FM2+

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

Got an Intel build when I upgraded from my Phenom II x6 1100T BE.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

wait 6 months before buying it. because in 6 months i moved to canada where prices are 25% lower.

not listen to the mem ex guys

not bend the pin on the assassin 2

not take off the cooler on my 290x so I could RMA it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I wish I would've waited for the Ducky Shine 5 instead of going with the K70 RGB.

I also wish I would've either kept my Phanteks Enthoo Pro or went with an Air 540 as opposed to buying this H440 and putting my computer into it.

I also wish I would've went with a different AiO. The H100i GTX does the job, but the software is shit and doesn't work.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Get a 980 Ti. I came into more money a week after I ordered the parts :/

you hear of returning crap?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I regret my Arc Midi R2 so much, it's a piece of shit that's by far the worst part of my setup.

Only found out about others having all the same problems after I started having them.

Wish I got something from NZXT or Phanteks

wish I knew 4790k was coming out soon so I wouldnt buy a 4770k
also, do better research on a psu

Spending an extra an extra few bucks on a CPU cooler. That would have been soo much better than sticking with the Intel stock cooler I'm still running now, I'm just too lazy to take the time to do it now.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I regret my Arc Midi R2 so much, it's a piece of shit that's by far the worst part of my setup.

Only found out about others having all the same problems after I started having them.

Wish I got something from NZXT or Phanteks

What's so bad about it?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Knowing more about PCs when my mom threw $700 at a PC. This girl said she did all these upgrades....

Specs?

Pentium E6600

4GBs of ram.

500GB HDD

that's all I know... $700 my ass

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I wish I saved more money and got an air 540 instead of a corsair 230t...

Also wish I got a mobo like the asrock z97 extreme 6 instead of the msi z97-g55 sli... (I'm gonna blame the MSI mobo for virtualbox not working, windows 7 shouldn't be the issue because it worked on my old laptop that was running windows 7, and other people with the i5 4690K aren't really having issues with virtualbox...)

Overall, I shoulda held off a little longer and gotten maybe an extra $100-200 or so to get better parts.. guess I can just use these ones for something when I upgrade down the road. (Probably in like 2-3 years when DDR4 is more common and much cheaper, though I would like to upgrade my GPU by the end of next year.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

What's so bad about it?

HDD sends vibrations throughout the whole case, this issue is quite common. I had to suspend it with wire to solve it. It most heavily effected the bottom fan filter which is loosely secured.

The front panel is made out of cheap plastic, which is what the fans are directly mounted to, caused it to amplify noise and the droning. The rear fan has no problem because it's attached to metal.

So I straight up had to frankenstein suspend my front fans with wire because it was fucking unusable from how annoying it was, this is with Noctua fans as well which are significantly better and quieter than the included fans which didn't even have anti-vibration mounts.

Now the case creaks every couple hours, and applying any pressure in any direction make it creak more until it doesn't, as if tension is being released despite nothing being over tightened or recently changed...

Also the bottom fan filter can only be removed by having like 2 feet of clearance at the back which means I have to move my PC every time I want to clean it but oh well.

more things I can't remember right now

i wish i grabbed a sempy 5350 and 4 gigs of ram and upgrade from there. it'd be working already >_>

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Wish I got an M.2 drive for this z97-K motherboard... not really needed, just nice to use M.2 for the C:\ & I could re-raid my 2x SS 840Pro's.

Reasons - Didn't wanna restrict my next board purchase choices for only M.2 boards, esp when I'm happy raiding SSD's.

/Wish I didn't get this FM2 GB e350n Dual 1.6 APU (@ 1.75Ghz), even with AMD's GPU assisted decoding some HIGH bit-rate HD movies it can only manage 22fps still with good audio resync (still watchable this way..just) than the full 24fps and no audio resync the movies normally play at.

Need to rejig this Mini-Itx with an i3 or something :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Wish I would've not bought a giant case that's heavy as balls.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

Going with a GTX 780 in the year 2015. Huge waste of money with such disappointing performance in today's titles, shady Nvidia practices over the recent months. Back to red team for me this coming December or next year. Learned my lesson to do more research next time.

Going with a GTX 780 in the year 2015. Huge waste of money with such disappointing performance in today's titles, shady Nvidia practices over the recent months. Back to red team for me this coming December or next year. Learned my lesson to do more research next time.

I'm going to say the GTX 970 is the best value card as of right now IMO. Maybe you can sell it, then use the money to get a 970? It's a really nice card.

I would have gotten a 240mm rad instead of this crappy 120mm.  It's not any better than air :(

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I wish i built my first pc instead of buying a core 2 duo machine with a gpu shoved in it (still my current pc)

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

I wish I'd have researched fans more.

I really don't care for these Corsair SP-140 fans on my radiator. Even with 2 push/pull, they're not as good as the failing single stock fan on the H90. I'm pretty sick of the red LEDs, too.