Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

I did actually ponder it...but the water would need to be kept at a constant temperature...which means that one round of CSGO too many and things could get messy for the fish ;)

Just get a fish that likes a warmer climate 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

The network admin at my school diagnoses everyone's computer problems by saying "it's a virus" and reinstalling windows. Even when it is a virus, wiping the hard drive/reinstalling windows is often more time consuming than using malwarebytes or other antivirus to take care of the problem. 

People are too afraid and incompetent to actually use common sense in some of these things

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Just get a fish that likes a warmer climate 

No fish can stand rapid fluctuations in temperature. For show it could work...for practicality sake not so much :L

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

People are too afraid and incompetent to actually use common sense in some of these things

Yeah, but now I've fixed enough computers that people tend to come to me first. This can be nice, as I feel good helping others and really annoying when I have a project I need to get done.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Someone today asked me:

Can I install the new osx on my LG flex if i root it?

Some fighter pilots can also move their eyes independently of one another.

I can do that

"the model of my asus CPU is x551c"

"Maybe I'll get someone to build me a new CPU"

both from the same person

"Can you install windows 7 enterprise in my HP AIO so it runs games faster?"

"Antivirus are a scam, all they do is attract virus"

Mystery is the source of all true science.

My friend calls it "UBS" and refuses to believe it's USB, so I always laugh inside when we're in Engineering and he says "Hey where did you put my UBS drive?" More of a "Experience with non-techies" post than a quote but he says that all the time so I thought I'd put it here.

So does my wife :D

My friend suggested me to buy a game....

Me: what are the recommended specs that the game requires?

friend: I think it's 1 gigabyte.

So I was at a telco store fiddling with the display iPhone 6s (because why not) when a muscly bloke walked in and asked to see the iPhones.

The staff showed him the display and pointed out the 6's and the 6s's. The bloke (rightfully so) asked "What's the difference?".

The lady said "Um.. the camera.... *le looks at the specs display next to the 6s* and... touch."

Sigh... I know I'm only 15 and I can't work in a phone shop because phones plans are legal documents blah blah blah... But how are such non-tech savvy people getting these sorts of jobs?

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dargenfire

I had a similar experience, I was at a store and looked at an iphone and a person came up to me and asked what phone I had today, I showed my xperia x10 mini pro I had and the first thing the person said was, uh the iphone is much faster....

No shit Sherlock, comparing a 150$ phone to a 500-600$ phone...

I think it was iphone 4 or 4s

Wasn't so much a technical question, but we had a teacher knock on and seriously asked us where the light switch was in a room....

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64

Don't you just hate when someone goes to Google EVERYTIME to enter any website? I know people who search for facebook....

I know people who type GOOGLE into the chrome omnibox, so they could get to google and do their search. 

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

This:

JenThe... bit that goes on the floor down there.

Denholm: The hard drive.

Jen: Correct.

Denholm: Well, you certainly seem to know your stuff. 

*facepalm*

http://www.theitcrowd.co.uk/script/1.1/en/1-1.1-yesterdays-jam.htm

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

You do realise the whole Jen schtick is that she knows nothing about computers?

The programme takes great delight in showing her stupidity, witness 'the internet (sure it's when she gets "employee of the month") episode'.

A comment on people lying their way into positions/jobs?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Yes. That's why it's funny.

Sorry I thought this was :-

"Dumbest tech questions/quotes you have ever heard". not 'Funniest tech....'.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

My friend said a Mac can run SLI with his TV and that's why Apple is superior in every way

that's advanced stupid

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Apple is the best

Can you put all of your stuff in one sentence next time so you can save more pages on this thread?  Thanks :)

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

"So what kind of pc do you have at home?"

"Uhh it's a windows computer"

"You fixed my computer last year and now I have a virus, so I dont know what you did but I want it taken off for free" -Customers where I work literally every day

on the phone last week:

Customer- "Can I bring in my CPU and have you take a look at it?"

Me-"It'd be better if you brought in the whole tower ma'am that way I can diagnose the system and plug it in to a monitor"

Customer-"Yeah, I said the CPU"

Me-"Well actually ma'am the CPU is inside the tower, its one of its many components"

Customer-"Dont talk down to me nerd, I know what I'm talking about" -click-

...sigh....

My current Rig (Memphis) --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jQYWpg