Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

Do I need 64 gigs of ram to play minecraft at the lowest settings?  

image.png

bro.. minecraft devs are becoming lazy, maybe in a few years we will need 16 gb to play it properly.

the dev of optifine (a mod that makes minecraft better looking, that adds tons of video settings and that ups your framerate) said that the devs are lazy with memory usage

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272953-1-8-8-optifine-hd-f3-fps-boost-hd-textures?page=2111#c43757

"But it's an i7, so it doesn't need a graphics card"

"Why can't you put a graphics card in my laptop? I thought you knew how to fix computer"

There's lots more where those came from

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

I have a new one:

" So I learned that not all CPUs run at the same speed due to variations in the manufacturing process. The higher quality the silicon used, the higher the clockspeed that can be achieved. That's why we have i7's ranging from $200, to $1000, essentially they're all the same chip".

Technically thats true.

Just post some dumb questions you've heard. Please don't be mean to people just because they aren't tech literate. I just think that some of the questions are funny.

I'll start this off of course! :D

Questions:

"Does every computer have a router?"

"What is a thumb drive?"

"How do you screw in RAM?"

Other:

"Drive A: is where all the files are."

"can a hacker hack my computer when it is off"

So ironic.. PC Gamers laugh at console players for 30FPS meanwhile 90% are playing at shitty 1080P 60FPS.

Am I missing something here? Console gamers are getting something like 720p @30FPS, at least with Black Flag on Xbox One and you're sitting here criticizing PC gamers for laughing at them when they play at 1080p @60FPS? Is that not superior to 720p @30FPS? Seriously, am I missing something?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Am I missing something here? Console gamers are getting something like 720p @30FPS, at least with Black Flag on Xbox One and you're sitting here criticizing PC gamers for laughing at them when they play at 1080p @60FPS? Is that not superior to 720p @30FPS? Seriously, am I missing something?

You have just encountered the rare breed of PC Gamer elitists who believe 6.9K 133.7 fps is the only acceptable standard :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

it's converter again, he's just flaming/trolling his stay here.

Don't you just hate when someone goes to Google EVERYTIME to enter any website? I know people who search for facebook....

Me- "I use water to cool my PC"

Little sister- "That's so cool! Could you put fish or anything inside it as well? Your case has a window on the side, so it could be like an aquarium"

10/10 for imagination

Gran- "I really don't want a computer. At my age, I can't really afford to go catching viruses from the internet"

That would be cool and MAYBE possible for show. Just make a big res with mesh at the bottom and put a goldfish in it if you use just water for the fluid. Lol would be cool to see

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

That would be cool and MAYBE possible for show. Just make a big res with mesh at the bottom and put a goldfish in it if you use just water for the fluid. Lol would be cool to see

I did actually ponder it...but the water would need to be kept at a constant temperature...which means that one round of CSGO too many and things could get messy for the fish ;)

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

The network admin at my school diagnoses everyone's computer problems by saying "it's a virus" and reinstalling windows. Even when it is a virus, wiping the hard drive/reinstalling windows is often more time consuming than using malwarebytes or other antivirus to take care of the problem. 

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace